OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1073, 1074, 1075 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Sigh counting down the days :/
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Gonna miss you when you're gone BI. Guess that's how the cookie crumbles.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:33 am    Post subject:

I love BI and Randle too. Still KL is a top 5 player in NBA if healthy and they will want BI. If Deng goes to make salaries work you gotta do it as KL is only 26.

I would like to see KL, PG and Randle as the core next year if we make the trade. That would open up cap space to sign some mid range FA.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Lol Jeanie Buss follows randle kuz and Zo on IG but does not followe BI haha.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Magic doesn't follow any of our young players...but he follows Dwight and CP3...
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Magic doesn't follow any of our young players...but he follows Dwight and CP3...

LOL! bring kobe back from retirement? Our original big 3 plan!
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=123&v=L4CniUzvWTE

More workout footage for BI, dude's jumper is looking smooth as (bleep)

I'm sure they're helpful but these drills look stupid as hell
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=123&v=L4CniUzvWTE

More workout footage for BI, dude's jumper is looking smooth as (bleep)

I'm sure they're helpful but these drills look stupid as hell

Well, considering this guy trained Oladipo last summer, I'm sure he knows what he's doing and BI is in good hands.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Every time someone goes "OMG WHY IS HE STILL NOT WORKING WITH KOBE" they should be redirected to this video.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwXiWSu__QE

Every time someone goes "OMG WHY IS HE STILL NOT WORKING WITH KOBE" they should be redirected to this video.

I’m convinced. Still, ball knowledge should come from everywhere from different facets of what causes success - mentally - in the game. Opponent tendencies and breakdowns. Kobe uses his perspective to drive revenue for himself. As a P&G great, why not stop by and share his viewpoint once we get into the playoffs. Of course there’s a line that should not be crossed as our youth take full ownership of their Showtime.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:

Ingram should still work with Kobe.

Also, when Kobe teaches, he teaches fundamentals, constant and specific repetitions and footwork. He doesn't teach you to "be Kobe" he teaches you to work on the stuff he worked on all the time.

There was a story not too long ago about someone whom was coming in to see one of Kobe's sessions and he wanted to know essentially the 'secrets' to what Kobe did, and he sat there for hours and watched Kobe get to the same spot and do a move, he saw a lot of repetition and he saw a lot of fundementals and he saw Kobe go at it hard.

But he asked Kobe after, because he referenced why Kobe was working on all that tedious fundamental so much, and Kobe replied to him that is the secret to his game and why he does what he does.

So if your argument is "Ingram doesn't need to work with Kobe cause Kobe would just try to turn him into himself and that's not who he is." Stop it.

Ingram would tremendously benefit from working with Kobe and trying to act like it somehow wouldn't be beneficial to his all around game, therefore it's okay if he doesn't, is not the argument to make.

Kobe worked with Gordon Hayward just fine, and their styles couldn't be further apart. Look that up if you ever get the chance. Kobe doesn't teach you to try to be "Kobe" just like Hakeem didn't try to teach Kobe to be "Hakeem". But instead gave him the tools and knowledge and repetitions to add to his game and work on his post moves and improve his footwork altogether.

The argument "Ingram doesn't need to learn anything from Kobe cause he's not Kobe and Kobe can only teach him to be Kobe" is a terrible one. And an insult to Kobe's basketball knowledge. Don't diminish what Kobe has to offer and teach, to try to make it more okay if Ingram doesn't work with him.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Still pretty annoying that BI is never talked about by the media or the FO. In pelinkas presser today it was all about Lonzo and Kuzma.

Thank god for Mike Trudell

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1010021924355706883

Also BIs burner twitter is wildin

https://twitter.com/hartmykel/status/1010025239089016833

Last edited by Lakesh0wtime on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:

All good news.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
awntawn wrote:

Also, when Kobe teaches, he teaches fundamentals, constant and specific repetitions and footwork. He doesn't teach you to "be Kobe" he teaches you to work on the stuff he worked on all the time.

There was a story not too long ago about someone whom was coming in to see one of Kobe's sessions and he wanted to know essentially the 'secrets' to what Kobe did, and he sat there for hours and watched Kobe get to the same spot and do a move, he saw a lot of repetition and he saw a lot of fundementals and he saw Kobe go at it hard.

But he asked Kobe after, because he referenced why Kobe was working on all that tedious fundamental so much, and Kobe replied to him that is the secret to his game and why he does what he does.

So if your argument is "Ingram doesn't need to work with Kobe cause Kobe would just try to turn him into himself and that's not who he is." Stop it.

Ingram would tremendously benefit from working with Kobe and trying to act like it somehow wouldn't be beneficial to his all around game, therefore it's okay if he doesn't, is not the argument to make.

Kobe worked with Gordon Hayward just fine, and their styles couldn't be further apart. Look that up if you ever get the chance. Kobe doesn't teach you to try to be "Kobe" just like Hakeem didn't try to teach Kobe to be "Hakeem". But instead gave him the tools and knowledge and repetitions to add to his game and work on his post moves and improve his footwork altogether.

The argument "Ingram doesn't need to learn anything from Kobe cause he's not Kobe and Kobe can only teach him to be Kobe" is a terrible one. And an insult to Kobe's basketball knowledge. Don't diminish what Kobe has to offer and teach, to try to make it more okay if Ingram doesn't work with him.

I never said any of that. The point is that just because Kobe is one of the greatest to ever play, doesn't mean he's the best option as a teacher, and as a result, BI isn't being a slacker for choosing to train with professional trainers who specialize in training other players.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
MJST wrote:
awntawn wrote:

I never said any of that. The point is that just because Kobe is one of the greatest to ever play, doesn't mean he's the best option as a teacher, and as a result, BI isn't being a slacker for choosing to train with professional trainers who specialize in training other players.

You are both right. Nobody is hating on Ingram since we know he's a workhorse and wants to be great, but working with Kobe would accelerate his progress. To be fair, Kobe said recently in a podcast that he has several workouts lined up with NBA guys, so maybe Brandon is one of them.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
To be fair, Kobe said recently in a podcast that he has several workouts lined up with NBA guys, so maybe Brandon is one of them.

Kobe's working out with other NBA players before Lakers?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
trablos wrote:
To be fair, Kobe said recently in a podcast that he has several workouts lined up with NBA guys, so maybe Brandon is one of them.

he was asked by alex kennedy about BI. he said BI has reached out to him about working out but they havent set anything up yet.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
trablos wrote:

I wonder which players he's working with? I don't think it's any of our youngsters.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
trablos wrote:

I wonder which players he's working with? I don't think it's any of our youngsters.

Luol deng
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

KOC once again gushing over Brandon Ingram on the latest Bill Simmons Podcast. His love for Ingram is kinda much, but it's how many of us feel about him on LG also. He even told Bill Simmons he would take Ingram over Jaylen Brown. Something we all already know.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
KOC once again gushing over Brandon Ingram on the latest Bill Simmons Podcast. His love for Ingram is kinda much, but it's how many of us feel about him on LG also. He even told Bill Simmons he would take Ingram over Jaylen Brown. Something we all already know.

Time stamp?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Time stamp?

I wouldn't call it gushing. Saying he's better than Jaylen Brown isn't my idea of gushing. Its somewhere in the first 20 minutes. I think around the 10 minute mark.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Time stamp?

I wouldn't call it gushing. Saying he's better than Jaylen Brown isn't my idea of gushing. Its somewhere in the first 20 minutes. I think around the 10 minute mark.

I hear you LS. It's just KOC has had a history of being very high on Ingram. So I took that into account too.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
trablos wrote:

Luol deng

No deng, no deal!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Time stamp?

I hear you LS. It's just KOC has had a history of being very high on Ingram. So I took that into account too.

Sorry, wasn't criticizing you if it felt that way. Just annoyed with the national media and want our players to prove them wrong already.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1073, 1074, 1075 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1074 of 1885
Jump to: