OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2048, 2049, 2050 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
32 wrote:
If we get LeBron does anybody think that Dwyane Wade would come over here as a backup guard for the vet minimum?

I do. And not a bad option either IMO.

yeah that would be great. But I'm not sure if he wants to retire in Miami.

For better or worse I can see Melo on the Lakers too after getting bought out by OKC right after the trade deadline. LeBron loves his fellow banana boaters.
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Nah keep Wade in Miami, it's where he belongs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Was LeBron close with Mario Chalmers when he was in Miami? That could be another guy we can pursue as a former LeBron guy
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Build a team that can win, not a team to please LeBron

No wade
No Chalmers
No friends
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Build a team that can win, not a team to please LeBron

No wade
No Chalmers
No friends

Bring the friends alone if they can produce. I would gladly take DWade off the bench. It's doubtful he would leave the Heat again though.

Frye is probably a "friend" of LeBron. Would gladly take him back. Would take Melo if he get's bought out and agrees to lesser role if we ending up trading Ingram/Kuzma for a star.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

CalisFinest wrote:
Nah keep Wade in Miami, it's where he belongs.

I have a feeling Wade will finish up his career in Miami...may even stay in the FO after retirement. In Miami....he is right up there with Marino as city sports icons.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Was LeBron close with Mario Chalmers when he was in Miami? That could be another guy we can pursue as a former LeBron guy

Yes. Maybe 7 yrs ago
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

This is crazy, but I might even consider bringing Dwight back if LeBron/PG13 comes and he has the right mind set (defend, rebound, roll)
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
32 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
32 wrote:
If we get LeBron does anybody think that Dwyane Wade would come over here as a backup guard for the vet minimum?

For better or worse I can see Melo on the Lakers too after getting bought out by OKC right after the trade deadline. LeBron loves his fellow banana boaters.

Melo refuses to come off the bench in OKC and a player option of $28 million. Do we really think he's going to turn that down to come to the Lakers and do the very thing he's refusing to do in OKC with an even lesser salary?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
This is crazy, but I might even consider bringing Dwight back if LeBron/PG13 comes and he has the right mind set (defend, rebound, roll)

Dwight has never had "the right mindset" and it's why he'll be forever a dolt and underachiever. His name should really have a filter on this site. Screw that guy and keep him the hell away from this team.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yes. Maybe 7 yrs ago

not sure Lebron was crazy about Chalmers....has been a lot of speculation he very much was not a fan, and a catalyst to why he avoids playing with younger players...

dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Dwight has never had "the right mindset" and it's why he'll be forever a dolt and underachiever. His name should really have a filter on this site. Screw that guy and keep him the hell away from this team.

Oddly enough I agree. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Could be a major plus for team with a strong locker room (Warriors)
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Melo is another Dwight Howard. Subtraction by addition. Wouldn't take him for free.

What if you had advance knowledge that he'd go to the Warriors if we didn't sign him?

I would love it, because it would weaken their team. Again, subtraction by addition. I don't just mean that for us, I mean that in general. Dude is about to be on his 6th team in, what, 4 years, if you count Brooklyn? They got him and want nothing to do with him. Dude is a clown and a cancer.

I disagree... I'd pay him and have him sit in a room and play cards with Deng.

You do not let him go play with the Warriors or Celtics if you can stop it.

I get what you mean but you act like he's walking around with an Ebola virus that will immediately kill everyone in the vicinity. He's just an immature man... not the antichrist. I can see how he would cause problems but not nearly the trouble he could cause us on the court... even in his diminished state.

Of course he's not, like, an evil human being (as far as I know), but when it comes to basketball, I believe his presence on a team is a net negative. He will want to play and he won't just sit there and be cool with a very limited role. When he was a superstar, it's different, because he was so good that you deal with the baggage. When you're merely an OK-to-decent player, it's just not worth the baggage.

I just see a line up of Howard/Draymond/KD/Klay/Curry or Howard/Horford/Tatum/Brown/Kyrie as a bridge too far for even LeBron and PG to overcome.

Replacing JaVale with Dwight... Baynes with Dwight = nail in the coffin for the rest of the league.

If he goes anywhere else I think I can probably live with it... but if I'm a GM I wouldn't be sleeping much, knowing that lineup was out there.

And if I was the owner of the team you were working for as GM, I would fire you. That is a horrible barometer for making personnel decisions.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Just a note: 33 year old (will be this year) D12 is not the same as the Orlando finals D12
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

How would you go about determining he has the “right mindset” before you bring him back?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

why do I always find myself defending a player and person I dislike very much.....are we really debating who is better at basketball between Dwight Howard and Javele McGee? One is a future basketball hall of famer, while the other is a Shaqtin' a Fool hall of famer.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
why do I always find myself defending a player and person I dislike very much.....are we really debating who is better at basketball between Dwight Howard and Javele McGee? One is a future basketball hall of famer, while the other is a Shaqtin' a Fool hall of famer.

True. But also one guy's locker room was tired of his act. And the other guy's locker room stood up for him against Shaq and loved his Draymond Green blankets
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

Y’all so scared of the Dubs. What happened to you guys? You punch the bully in the mouth, and take the homecoming queen home. Time to start believing in this team, Lakernation. All the other fanbases hate us. Let’s rally around our guys here.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject:

I hope our focus right now is to get rid of Deng in order to sign Lebron and PG13 AND still keep Randle.

The Kawai situation will play itself out over the year. Kuzma, Randle, Hart, Ingram and Ball is a great group of players to have around the two superstars.

If we can top it off with guys like Wade and Dwight you do it because they would make us that much better. I do feel both are unlikely, however. I think Miami will give Wade a decent contract and Dwight will end up in Boston or Golden State.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Melo is another Dwight Howard. Subtraction by addition. Wouldn't take him for free.

What if you had advance knowledge that he'd go to the Warriors if we didn't sign him?

I would love it, because it would weaken their team. Again, subtraction by addition. I don't just mean that for us, I mean that in general. Dude is about to be on his 6th team in, what, 4 years, if you count Brooklyn? They got him and want nothing to do with him. Dude is a clown and a cancer.

I disagree... I'd pay him and have him sit in a room and play cards with Deng.

You do not let him go play with the Warriors or Celtics if you can stop it.

I get what you mean but you act like he's walking around with an Ebola virus that will immediately kill everyone in the vicinity. He's just an immature man... not the antichrist. I can see how he would cause problems but not nearly the trouble he could cause us on the court... even in his diminished state.

Of course he's not, like, an evil human being (as far as I know), but when it comes to basketball, I believe his presence on a team is a net negative. He will want to play and he won't just sit there and be cool with a very limited role. When he was a superstar, it's different, because he was so good that you deal with the baggage. When you're merely an OK-to-decent player, it's just not worth the baggage.

I just see a line up of Howard/Draymond/KD/Klay/Curry or Howard/Horford/Tatum/Brown/Kyrie as a bridge too far for even LeBron and PG to overcome.

Replacing JaVale with Dwight... Baynes with Dwight = nail in the coffin for the rest of the league.

If he goes anywhere else I think I can probably live with it... but if I'm a GM I wouldn't be sleeping much, knowing that lineup was out there.

And if I was the owner of the team you were working for as GM, I would fire you. That is a horrible barometer for making personnel decisions.

I agree with you that we probably won't do it... I agree that it's way outside of the box... I agree I'd probably get fired if I did it.

But it's the right call... like when Pop would rest his players in the middle of a season. Keeping Howard away from the dubs is the right call from a strictly Machiavellian sense... but we'll never do it. We might do it because we need a defensive center to cover for Moe... but we wouldn't do it for my reason because it's too far out there.

But it would work.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject:

I’d literally sign Kcp and Brook back before I’d sign Wade and Dwight. If Lebron sits down with magic and starts making demands , I’d be like “have a good one man we are done here”
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Just a note: 33 year old (will be this year) D12 is not the same as the Orlando finals D12

You say that. But watch if he goes to the Warriors how people suddenly start acting like they got All-Star Dwight back

To be honest, 33 year old Dwight is essentially what the Warriors would need at the 5 next season. Defense.

You also get the foreboding feeling that if Dwight tries to start some [expletive] in the locker room, Draymond's gonna be at his locker the next day like

https://media.giphy.com/media/nZAc9S3I4GXN6/giphy.gif
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
I’d literally sign Kcp and Brook back before I’d sign Wade and Dwight. If Lebron sits down with magic and starts making demands , I’d be like “have a good one man we are done here”

I would too... the whole point of this debate is that Dwight might sign at a room exception since he already got paid.

At minimum contracts both Brook and KCP are preferable... I just doubt either sign for ring chasing deals.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
32 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
32 wrote:

I’d say a defiant no to Melo. Who is he going to play over assuming we have PG and LBJ with Randle, BI and Kuz on deck?

Not to mention, he seemed upset at his playing time and role last year.

If we are going the old vet route, I want an SG, PG, or C. That’s it.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Howard puts up better stats
Mcgee is a much better fit for GS, both mentally and physically
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2048, 2049, 2050 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2049 of 2680
Jump to: