OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1068, 1069, 1070 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne

Lakers officially informed LiAngelo Ball he will not be on their Summer League team last night. They were determined to make this a basketball decision but as one source put it, “obviously there'’s more to it than basketball.” In other words— the LaVar effect was real.

Hopefully LiAngelo can get on someone else's summer league team so Lavar's distractions can at least be split in half. And Lonzo can just ball.
lol. you're just going to keep saying what you want to be true until it comes true epal? how many times doe these ball boys have to say they dont care or think about what their dad says, for you to get it?
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
I know everyone is worried about Zo's jump shot, but I would like to see him finish around the rim better. Also not sure what this layup form is where he scoops the ball and holds it real low.

Fundamentals. He has very little of it. His ugly shooting form leads to uglier release point during a layup. That's why I keep bringing it up that this is a very serious issue with Lonzo but everyone doesn't seem to care and only focuses on his defense, rebounding, and passing. He doesn't have the very basic skillset of shooting the ball so it's very alarming.

I don't think one can just change the shooting form or change the driving layup form and become good overnight.

Imagine how good he'll be several overnights from now.

lakers4sho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Melo's shot doesn't look too nice either
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
LaVar probably screwed LiAngelo career. Even after the shoplifting, he could have stayed in UCLA for 2 or 3 years to develop and have a chance to be a role player in the NBA.

Even now, it wouldn't be crazy for any team to give him a SL invite, but who wants to carry LaVar along for a G-League level player? No, thanks.

I agree if not for Lavar some team might have given him a chance at least for a summer league spot Teams don't want to deal with the drama Feel bad for the guy

Same thing w/ Melo
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:
Go to a country like the philippines and make some noise over there. People will jump at the BBB brand.

If I was him, I would personally accept that I was not going to make a living playing basketball.....like most of us did at some point in life.....whether that was at age 10, 15 or 20. Then I would focus on using all the avenues created by my brother and family to make a career in the business of basketball.

He’s 20 and was good enough to get a scholarship to UCLA. He’s not NBA good but he’s still easily good enough to make a living playing ball.

Was he good enough to get a scholarship to UCLA?

If he wasn’t Lonzo n LaMelo’s brother, I don’t think Alford recruits him
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Mentioned it before. The irony in Lavar’s actions. Groomed his kids from birth to be NBA players and when the opportunity got close his big mouth and actions ruined it. Lonzo made it to the league but pops put a target on him.

Maybe Lavar just needs to show some humility and zip it will his son Melo get a fair shot.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
if I'm LiAngelo I beg my heart out to enroll back at UCLA and finish my degree

He should go to medical school

Dr. Ball
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

He should work retail security.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:
Go to a country like the philippines and make some noise over there. People will jump at the BBB brand.

If I was him, I would personally accept that I was not going to make a living playing basketball.....like most of us did at some point in life.....whether that was at age 10, 15 or 20. Then I would focus on using all the avenues created by my brother and family to make a career in the business of basketball.

He’s 20 and was good enough to get a scholarship to UCLA. He’s not NBA good but he’s still easily good enough to make a living playing ball.

I am not talking about "making a living"...I am talking about building a career while there may be doors cracked today that could close tomorrow. There is no guarantee that Lonzo does not have a career ending injury in a year....crap happens in life....and if that did happen, the family would have much less access to that world.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:

his academics were fine but he was a bench guy at ucla. Some say thats why lavar sabotaged his being there.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:

I am not talking about "making a living"...I am talking about building a career while there may be doors cracked today that could close tomorrow. There is no guarantee that Lonzo does not have a career ending injury in a year....crap happens in life....and if that did happen, the family would have much less access to that world.

You said “make a living” word for word.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:

I do and I’ve never been a Gelo fan. Even if he didn’t, he would’ve gone to another high major based on HS success. Kid can shoot and has some size, he would’ve gotten multiple offers.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:

I did....and I clarified my intention in a subsequent response. I did not say he "can't"....I said he should accept that he is "not"....there are likely more lucrative paths available for him if he works hard and takes advantage of them.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:

I did....and I clarified my intention in a subsequent response. I did not say he "can't"....I said he should accept that he is "not"....there are likely more lucrative paths available for him if he works hard and takes advantage of them.

I’d chase my dream before I chase money but I understand your point.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
LaVar probably screwed LiAngelo career. Even after the shoplifting, he could have stayed in UCLA for 2 or 3 years to develop and have a chance to be a role player in the NBA.

Even now, it wouldn't be crazy for any team to give him a SL invite, but who wants to carry LaVar along for a G-League level player? No, thanks.

I agree if not for Lavar some team might have given him a chance at least for a summer league spot Teams don't want to deal with the drama Feel bad for the guy

Same thing w/ Melo

LaMelo has much more potencial than LiAngelo, but at this point, his development might be in jeopardy.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

Same thing w/ Melo

LaMelo has much more potencial than LiAngelo, but at this point, his development might be in jeopardy.

Yea if he went typical HS/UCLA route I think he would have a great chance to be a lottery pick. I don’t think the JBA helps development much.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:

I do and I’ve never been a Gelo fan. Even if he didn’t, he would’ve gone to another high major based on HS success. Kid can shoot and has some size, he would’ve gotten multiple offers.

What were his high school rankings and how many players got scholarships around his ranking.

I think that would be a good measure

Here's one that says:

National Ranking - 226
Shooting Guard Rank - 50
California Ranking - 22

https://247sports.com/Player/LiAngelo-Ball-79618

Yeah, you're probably right. I didn't know they offered this many scholarships:

Quote:
Basketball – $2,100,000,000
MEN’S
At the Division 1 level, 337 universities have basketball teams for men. There are 13 scholarships available per team to be divided among the players. A total of 4,381 scholarships are offered in Division 1 basketball for men.

At the Division 2 level, 296 universities have basketball teams for men. There are 10 scholarships available per team to be divided among the players. A total of 2,960 scholarships are offered in Division 2 basketball for men.

There is over $1 billion dollars of scholarship money available for men to play basketball in college. We know where that scholarship money is and we know how to get it for you.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:

What were his high school rankings and how many players got scholarships around his ranking.

He was a 3 star guy I think. They pretty much all go D1 some high major, some mid or low major. He led California in scoring for two seasons on a top team. He would’ve gotten plenty of D1 offers.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:

Here's one that says:

National Ranking - 226
Shooting Guard Rank - 50
California Ranking - 22

https://247sports.com/Player/LiAngelo-Ball-79618

Yeah, you're probably right. I didn't know they offered this many scholarships:

Quote:
Basketball – $2,100,000,000
MEN’S
At the Division 1 level, 337 universities have basketball teams for men. There are 13 scholarships available per team to be divided among the players. A total of 4,381 scholarships are offered in Division 1 basketball for men.

At the Division 2 level, 296 universities have basketball teams for men. There are 10 scholarships available per team to be divided among the players. A total of 2,960 scholarships are offered in Division 2 basketball for men.

There is over $1 billion dollars of scholarship money available for men to play basketball in college. We know where that scholarship money is and we know how to get it for you.

Sounds about right.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakers4sho wrote:

He was not a UCLA level recruit. He got a UCLA scholarship because he is Lonzo's brother.

If he wasn't a Ball
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

How much time a day do you think Lonzo practices free throws?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
How much time a day do you think Lonzo practices free throws?

20 minutes. you?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

At least some of us still like Zo.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcsgCFnvPgs

He needs to be shooting FTs not wasting his time playing knockout with kids.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcsgCFnvPgs

He needs to be shooting FTs not wasting his time playing knockout with kids.

Thank bum!
BTW, with Magic doing film session with Zo, and with Magic saying he wants Zo to play 70+ games next year, are we sure he's being traded?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1068, 1069, 1070 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1069 of 1688
Jump to: