OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1076, 1077, 1078 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Tell me the honest truth.

If the Lakers get Kawhi and LeBron and trade their core for that three year window.

And the Warriors get Rudy Gay on the MLE and Dwight Howard on the vets minimum.

Do the Lakers ever beat the Warriors in that 2-3 year window? I very much doubt it.

Yes they’ll beat them.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

If the Lakers get Kawhi and LeBron and trade their core for that three year window.

Do the Lakers ever beat the Warriors in that 2-3 year window? I very much doubt it.

I mean, I get it...but if you follow that logic every franchise should just tank for the next 3 seasons if that happens. Should every team just stop pursuing FA”s and just sign their young players to long term deals and wave the white flag? This is way the rest of the league felt when we signed Payton and Malone, you saw how that worked out.

Every dynasty seems like forever until is isn’t and I refuse to agree that fielding a worse team or planning for a day that may never come is better then getting better tomorrow in the NBA.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Spurs wan't more than Ingram.. He's not enough to get it done.

Then it won’t get done. Spurs will have to settle for Covington and Saric or Kyrie. If KL is in indeed LA bound, then these offers may not even be offered.

PG opting out of OKC highlights the risk of a team trading for a player with one year left on a contract. KL being injured and not communicating well with the Spurs about coming back further hurts KL's value. The Spurs will get something but it won't be what they would have received a year ago.

--Anonymous
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject:

Kuz or Ingram will probably have to be in a package for KL

What offers have we made?

S&T of JR + Hart + 1st Rounder? Wagner too?

It will be interesting. Remember last year BI was probably our 3rd best player behind JR & Kuzma. KL is a top 5 play in the entire NBA
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject:

KL was a top 5 player in the NBA season before last. Last season he was injured, and there are questions about his recovery. He isn't top 5 until he proves he's still top 5. Until then he's a gamble if you're sending your best young players away to get him.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yes they’ll beat them.

LAbron and K.LAnard would leave about $35-40 mil plus $8.8MLE and $4 miniLE, we can still build a squad that go toe to toe with that GS
rancar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

Send one of BI, Kuz, or Zo + picks all day everyday
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers were able to build a trade primarily around Randle in a side and trade that would be a pretty amazing mood....if somehow we were able to land bron early that's probably what I would offer take or leave it they don't like it will try to grab him next year when he becomes a FA

Randle, hart, mo, future 1st ...we lose a good rotation and a decent prospect as well plus one future asset, but we are going to have to give up some things.

If Spurs don't want it then move on with Bron and keeping what we have mostly intact we will be in the playoffs....I think if Bron committed early we'd also be able to have an improved shot at PG 13
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

I think we wait until the season. See what we have. See what Kawhi looks like. No need to trade 2-3 assets for Kawhi when you can add him next year for free and collect picks for those assets next year.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

I remember debating with a lot of fans last summer who thought we should go after Blake griffin and that he would be a upgrade over Randle. I then tried to explain how Randle would end up better than griffin within 1-2 seasons. That has come to reality.

I’m not going to make the mistake of trading Ingram who has shown multiple
Skills on both sides of the floor for a guy who just missed a whole season with a tough injury.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I mean, I get it...but if you follow that logic every franchise should just tank for the next 3 seasons if that happens. Should every team just stop pursuing FA”s and just sign their young players to long term deals and wave the white flag? This is way the rest of the league felt when we signed Payton and Malone, you saw how that worked out.

Every dynasty seems like forever until is isn’t and I refuse to agree that fielding a worse team or planning for a day that may never come is better then getting better tomorrow in the NBA.

That’s not the point. You only lose the chance to contend next season if the Lakers punt, but in waiting you create a long term window. It’s the Lakers having a window for 7 years I want as a fan. Think spurs franchise long term.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

I think we wait until the season. See what we have. See what Kawhi looks like. No need to trade 2-3 assets for Kawhi when you can add him next year for free and collect picks for those assets next year.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Yes.

They don’t call him the Dwightmare for opposing teams....
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
MJST wrote:

Since we're talking about hypotheticals, say we still keep Zo, Kuz, Jules, and Hart, along with Bron and Kawhi. That team can beat the Warriors team which showed up against Houston. Injuries, the fatigue of playing into June every year, complacency...can't discount any of that when projecting the Warriors going forward. And I hope they do add players like Dwight and Gay that take minutes away from their best lineups, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for us.

I doubt that lineup can beat the Warriors. You are asking young prospects to play like veterans which rarely happens. You also need to take account the time for them to play like a team with chemistry which again rarely happens in year 1 especially when we probably will have completely different game strategy comparing to last year.

Lastly, Dwight and Gay might not take minutes away from their best lineup, instead, Dwight will replace Mcgee. If Dwight joins them and decides to adapt into their system, that team is unbeatable even if we have LBJ+PG13+Leonard.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yes.

They don’t call him the Dwightmare for opposing teams....

How good was Dwight this last season? 16.6 PPG and 12.5 RPG is pretty impressive.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
MJST wrote:

Since we're talking about hypotheticals, say we still keep Zo, Kuz, Jules, and Hart, along with Bron and Kawhi. That team can beat the Warriors team which showed up against Houston. Injuries, the fatigue of playing into June every year, complacency...can't discount any of that when projecting the Warriors going forward. And I hope they do add players like Dwight and Gay that take minutes away from their best lineups, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for us.

I doubt that lineup can beat the Warriors. You are asking young prospects to play like veterans which rarely happens. You also need to take account the time for them to play like a team with chemistry which again rarely happens in year 1 especially when we probably will have completely different game strategy comparing to last year.

Lastly, Dwight and Gay might not take minutes away from their best lineup, instead, Dwight will replace Mcgee. If Dwight joins them and decides to adapt into their system, that team is unbeatable even if we have LBJ+PG13+Leonard.
Barnes, Klay, and Dray were 22, 24, and 24 respectively. Steph, Iggy, and Bogut were 26, 31, and 30 respectively. I don't doubt that the Lakers' youth will be a problem but I wouldn't rule anything out.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
MJST wrote:

Barnes, Klay, and Dray were 22, 24, and 24 respectively. Steph, Iggy, and Bogut were 26, 31, and 30 respectively. I don't doubt that the Lakers' youth will be a problem but I wouldn't rule anything out.

That's the way I see it. People forget how young the Dubs were when they won their first championship, and then you have guys like Mitchell, Tatum/Brown/Rozier, Capela, etc. rising to the occasion in the playoffs this year. The old mentality about how youth and inexperience can't win in the postseason is outdated, though obviously you still need the right mix of young players and vets, which is what we appear to be putting together. But talent and coaching >>> everything else IMO.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Ingram should start shooting more 3s
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Ingram should be worried.

Lebron takes his position and his role and his space.
pokoy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:

Luke comes from GS and the positionless player philosophy.

Won't matter who starts, but their best 5 could be something like LBJ, Kuzma, BI, Hart, Zo.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

Won't matter who starts, but their best 5 could be something like LBJ, Kuzma, BI, Hart, Zo.

As a BI fan, I'm a bit worried. Though I think SA would be a good fit for him too.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

Doesn't matter what Luke thinks.

LEGM overrules all.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

Kinda what I thought too.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
pokoy wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

As a BI fan, I'm a bit worried. Though I think SA would be a good fit for him too.

ESPN said the money doesn't fit ...would have to include Kuz Zo Hart ....the rest of the team...they are not taking Deng
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
mookielala wrote:
pokoy wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

ESPN said the money doesn't fit ...would have to include Kuz Zo Hart ....the rest of the team...they are not taking Deng
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1076, 1077, 1078 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1077 of 1885
Jump to: