PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1022, 1023, 1024 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

George is a good all-around player but since when does acquiring him give this team championship hopes? What does he know about being in the championship round? He didn't do that with the 2017 MVP on his team.

It would have been nice to have him but he isn't the be all end all for ANY team in this league.
Showtime__79
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

Let’s boycott all of this (bleep)’s endorsements!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Amazing that the Thunder had a core 3 of Westbrook, Harden, and Durant but didn't want to pay to keep that roster intact due to cost concerns....
And decided to keep this current roster of Westbrook, Carmelo, and PG13....I think thats a significant downgrade.
rst08tierney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

Can we lock up the the thread. F U Jorge
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

Yeah this was handled all the way wrong.

PG if he had no intention of signing with anyone other than OKC should've just said that from the start. Like Durant saying he'll resign and be up front about it. Be a man, not a coy (bleep).

Also Mintz is to blame here as well. (bleep) 'em both. Their little ESPN mockumentary was a joke.
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

rst08tierney wrote:
Can we lock up the the thread. F U Jorge

Probably do not need to lock it, but it should be moved to General BBall Discussion since it no longer involves the Lakers....would not want to be accused to tampering with another team's player.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
From everything gathered yesterday from various LAL/OKC reports:

1) Back in 2017 Indiana was asking for the #2 pick along with Ingram as the centerpieces of a Lakers trade

2) OKC felt PG making the All-Star game (he was picked to replace Boogie) gave them a real shot to sell PG that he can still be recognized in OKC or something to that effect

3) PG’s exit interview after being eliminated indicated that he was pretty much very set to return to OKC

It will be somewhat poetic if Boogie ends up being the one who replaces PG here
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
not sour grapes but the most rational explanation is lbj did not believe pg13 was worth 2nd salary slot (30M) in cap. neg stuff came out from pg13 after kawhi wanted out. lets be patient.

There is definitely more to this. PG and his reps must have heard something that pissed them all off, thus foregoing even showing respect for Magic and the Lakers by meeting with them. One day, the true story behind this will come out...
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Clay Bennett, the chairman of the ownership group for OKC Thunder, is worth about $400 million.

Next year's roster should cost about 75% of his net worth. I hope they are prepared for massive losses. No NBA team can sustain that level of negative income especially without billionaire deep pockets.

If OKC owner has to pay 300 mil payroll, the NBA is seriously wrong. The next collective bargaining won't be pretty.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Die slow, PG.

BeanBryant24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
not sour grapes but the most rational explanation is lbj did not believe pg13 was worth 2nd salary slot (30M) in cap. neg stuff came out from pg13 after kawhi wanted out. lets be patient.

There is definitely more to this. PG and his reps must have heard something that pissed them all off, thus foregoing even showing respect for Magic and the Lakers by meeting with them. One day, the true story behind this will come out...

Could you imagine if Lebron had said/done something to piss off George to the point he wouldn’t even consider LA, and then LeBron ends up signing with Philly?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Let's see how he'll enjoy Disneyland and events around LA when he's back home.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

BeanBryant24 wrote:
troy wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

Could you imagine if Lebron had said/done something to piss off George to the point he wouldn’t even consider LA, and then LeBron ends up signing with Philly?

I can imagine it, and it probably happened. Other thing is these NBA guys have tons of "peoples" with them. Somebody from Lebron's camp could have dissed somebody from PG's camp, and here we go.

I really don't care about losing out on PG, but it just doesn't add up that he wouldn't at least meet with Magic. Something upset this guy.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Zero reason not to boo him mercilessly when he gets here, not out of bitterness, but just because he seems a bit scared against the big teams and players. If he is mentally weak, then he should feel the heat of being an enemy here. If he's not, then make him prove it, over and over again for the rest of his career when he comes to LA.

And I actually am somewhat pleased he didn't come, except for how it might reflect on us to other players but that's hard to know anyway. He reminded me of Dwight when we traded for him. Their prior play and personalities seemed intimidated by critical playoff situations when they faced real superstars.

Last edited by focus on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

I'm not upset that he re-sign with OKC, however per Ramona's tweet she indicated he know 'early' he was re-signing. How 'early' did he know? If he knew early on he was going to re-sign, then he basically made a show(literally) of it all at the Lakers expense.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ducasse2 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Wait a minute...

Could it just be PG never wanted to play here and the "I want to play for the Lakers" was, as some here in LG said, just a power play to get traded to another team

I think that for whatever reason he didn't want to play with Lebron or there wasn't a good vibe between the two.

Cause playing with LeBron means playing important games. PG ain't about that life.

Or having to be in a reduced role to benefit him.

Kyrie didn't want to play with LeBron either. I think after seeing Kyrie of all people diss LeBron the tide turned with how others perceive LeBron in the league. He got swept by the Warriors and he's getting older.

I don't think PG is going to win anything myself but honestly there's no guarantee teaming up with LeBron anywhere would win a championship either.

He got swept because his team was garbage. That team had no business in the finals against the KD/Curry super team. He's still the best player in the league.

Didn't Kyrie ask to be traded because he wanted to build his legacy and win as "the man"? He already won with LeBron. That's commendable (it's like the anti-Durant) but it didn't strike me as a diss on LeBron.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

Paul George is well within his right to do whatever he wants...

I'm most pissed over the trading Russell (attached to Mozgov) to free up space for him along with the negative attention what came along with the 500k tampering fine.

It was such a stupid move from a basketball, financial, and league/player relationship perspective.

I expect this to have long lasting repercussions on the league and will be an issue come the next CBA.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Zero reason not to boo him mercilessly when he gets here, not out of bitterness, but just because he seems a bit scared against the big teams and players. If he is mentally weak, then he should feel the heat of being an enemy here. If he's not, then make him prove it, over and over again for the rest of his career when he comes to LA.

And I actually am somewhat pleased he didn't come, except for how it might reflect on us to other players but that's hard to know anyway. He reminded me of Dwight when we traded for him. Their prior play and personalities seemed intimidated by critical playoff situations when they faced real superstars.

Meh, PG has always been a much better playoff performer though. I think this was the first year he had a bad playoffs overall (not a coincidence it's next to Westbrook).
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I'm most pissed over the trading Russell (attached to Mozgov) to free up space for him along with the negative attention what came along with the 500k tampering fine.

It was such a stupid move from a basketball, financial, and league/player relationship perspective.

I expect this to have long lasting repercussions on the league and will be an issue come the next CBA.

Trading Russell was a great move, and I say that as a fan of his.
Tampering was stupid.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Trading Russell was a great move, and I say that as a fan of his.
Tampering was stupid.

Trading Russell was a great move if it led to eventually landing Paul George. I'm not even a Russell fan; but the trade doesn't make as much sense now. Still a good trade. But not the great one we all thought it would end up being.

I'm not blaming Magic... This is all on Paul George for not keeping his word...
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

If a done deal like PG can turn his back on the Lakers, nothing is really a given anymore for this franchise.

The only path forward is the long haul, and maybe some luck with an actual No 1 pick for once that lands a true franchise player instead of a long line of #2 maybes and nearlys.
TomSeaver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
If a done deal like PG can turn his back on the Lakers, nothing is really a given anymore for this franchise.

The only path forward is the long haul, and maybe some luck with an actual No 1 pick for once that lands a true franchise player instead of a long line of #2 maybes and nearlys.

Yeah they have the same stench as the knicks, right now
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ducasse2 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Wait a minute...

Could it just be PG never wanted to play here and the "I want to play for the Lakers" was, as some here in LG said, just a power play to get traded to another team

I think that for whatever reason he didn't want to play with Lebron or there wasn't a good vibe between the two.

Cause playing with LeBron means playing important games. PG ain't about that life.

Or having to be in a reduced role to benefit him.

Kyrie didn't want to play with LeBron either. I think after seeing Kyrie of all people diss LeBron the tide turned with how others perceive LeBron in the league. He got swept by the Warriors and he's getting older.

I don't think PG is going to win anything myself but honestly there's no guarantee teaming up with LeBron anywhere would win a championship either.

He got swept because his team was garbage. That team had no business in the finals against the KD/Curry super team. He's still the best player in the league.

Didn't Kyrie ask to be traded because he wanted to build his legacy and win as "the man"? He already won with LeBron. That's commendable (it's like the anti-Durant) but it didn't strike me as a diss on LeBron.

Except it was a diss on LeBron because he doesn't care for the guy plus he was still under contract with the Cavs and demanded a trade.

One wonders why leave a great situation such as being alongside LeBron?

Could it be that being alongside LeBron isn't all its cracked up to be? Or he hates Cleveland(entirely possible).

He doesn't guarantee a championship either(an appearance sure but not a win)

Durant to the Warriors altered the perception of LeBron's career.
lakers11521
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

I’m pretty sure Mintz made did everything possible to make sure PG to stayed in OKC. When the Lakers traded DLO and Magic threw him under the bus I feel that hurt their relationship. As Mintz wanted George, Randle, and DLO on the same team.
akgolf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately I saw the fireworks display last night from the Westbrook party here in Oklahoma. Was wondering what that was for.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1022, 1023, 1024 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 1023 of 1028
Jump to: