Can we please appreciate our young core and stop acting so desperate?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
im a happy camper with Lebron signing here and us keeping Randle. keep Deng another year, trade him, then sign Kawhi. should have been plan A anyway

I think LA has to trade for Kawhi, you dont want another PG fiasco.

But the upside if you don’t have to trade for Kawhi and get him in free agency is HUGE.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
YSong wrote:
I appreciated Vlade, Van Smack, Club Ced, Eddie Jones, AP, Christie .... see where I’m going with this?

Vlade was a very capable scorer and consistently led his teams deep into the playoffs.

Van Exel was a proficient scorer and a former All-Star that could hit the 3 point shot.

Cedric Cebalos was a deadly scorer and once scored 50 points in a game

Eddie Jones was a former All-Star, an accurate 3 point shooter, and a shut down defender

Christie was a good defender and an efficient 3 point shooter.

That team didn't have competent coaching that would demand discipline, and they had no team leader that would get them on the same page.

With strong leadership and a focused coach, those Laker teams could have done much more.

Notice how there’s no superstar in the group to lead the team. You need guys like Shaq, Kobe and Lebron to lead the way.

Cedric Ceballos wasn’t going to lead a team to a ring.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
The Cavs had good talent with Irving and Wiggins in 2014. Maybe they should have passed on Lebron so they could be patient and let the young guys develop.

But Kyrie was an allstar

Makes my point even better.

Also, Lebron didn’t seem to halt his development.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Just maybe sign Boogie if he's healthy, and a PG who can shoot and dribble drive. Avery Bradley is worth a meeting too.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Why are we desperate for Lebron, who's a male diva that demands everything be his way?

I don’t know about you but I’m extremely excited right now.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Scoffs wrote:
Randle made the leap to become a 20/10 player as a starter. We probably would have won over 40 games if Luke had started Randle from the start. Imagine if both Kuz and BI make a similar leap this coming season. That's like Indiana with three Oladipos.

Randle had an excellent season. Now ask yourself if his impact will ever be in the same universe as someone like Kawhi Leonard. Will he even make an all star team?

These are the questions that pop up when people debate whether to trade young core players for proven superstars and Finals MVP's. I like Julius/Kuz/BI/Lonzo/Hart but if I'm being honest I'm not seeing a lot of superstars.

I don't think anyone is against moving one of the pieces, but Kawhi does not have a bigger impact than BI/Kuz/Hart combined. I think the Spurs are probably asking too much.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: