OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KCP is worth 12m on a one year deal. He and Lonzo form a good defensive backcourt.
i agree, don’t understand hate. Our defense last year compared to prior was much improved

And if this signing means we have to let go of Randle, is that still a good deal? We are still pursuing other free agents such as Cousins. Where do we create that cap space?
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KCP is worth 12m on a one year deal. He and Lonzo form a good defensive backcourt.
i agree, don’t understand hate. Our defense last year compared to prior was much improved

And if this signing means we have to let go of Randle, is that still a good deal? We are still pursuing other free agents such as Cousins. Where do we create that cap space?

I would say yes. Lebron is going to x out alot of what Randle does anyway. Lbj at this age needs good wing defenders around him so he can spy.
Hellspawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

How would you guys feel about KCP as backup SF for BI or Leonard and starting Hart? (Stevenson can play backup PG and SG).

I don't know, seems like Hart is higher IQ and higher ceiling than KCP...
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Hellspawn wrote:
How would you guys feel about KCP as backup SF for BI or Leonard and starting Hart? (Stevenson can play backup PG and SG).

I don't know, seems like Hart is higher IQ and higher ceiling than KCP...

it will all work itself out by the playoffs
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I would say yes. Lebron is going to x out alot of what Randle does anyway. Lbj at this age needs good wing defenders around him so he can spy.

The 6'9" player logjam from the start of last season is a bizarre experiment to want to repeat. We need off-the-ball centers would can rim protect and/or spot up shoot, or guards who can shoot off screens. KCP checks one of those boxes. Randle doesn't.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The 6'9" player logjam from the start of last season is a bizarre experiment to want to repeat. We need off-the-ball centers would can rim protect and/or spot up shoot, or guards who can shoot off screens. KCP checks one of those boxes. Randle doesn't.

How about a player who can play the center position and also have the speed to defend PG? I would say that is equally important.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

How about a player who can play the center position and also have the speed to defend PG? I would say that is equally important.

Is there a law they have to switch so much?
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'll take the Center that can switch onto guards, guard bigs in the post and still finish at an elite clip in the restricted area.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'll take the Center that can switch onto guards, guard bigs in the post and still finish at an elite clip in the restricted area.

In small ball lineups I wouldn't be surprised to see that being Lebron.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject:

We overpaid KCP so that he'd be off the books next year instead of underpaying him and signing him for multiple ones
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
We overpaid KCP so that he'd be off the books next year instead of underpaying him and signing him for multiple ones

Overpaid ? 12M$ seems like a fair deal no ?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No but that’s the trend of nowadays basketball especially when you want to stop a sharp shooter like Curry, and that’s what Luke likes to do. This is like asking is there a law that teams have to shoot 3 points? These are the keys to make you a good yean
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No but that’s the trend of nowadays basketball especially when you want to stop a sharp shooter like Curry, and that’s what Luke likes to do. This is like asking is there a law that teams have to shoot 3 points? These are the keys to make you a good yean

FWIW, here's where we ranked defensively on the ball handler last season.

http://stats.nba.com/teams/ball-handler/?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals&OD=defensive&sort=PPP&dir=-1

Maybe it's not the best strategy for us (need second spectrum data to say for sure).

Last edited by greenfrog on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:34 am; edited 3 times in total
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Rich Paul effect is real.

No shet!
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject:

Don't have to worry about jail time this year either
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject:

If he plays like he did after his legal issues were resolved, he will be a STEAL.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

good that its 1 year

#kawhi2019

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

Lol we gave KCP 30M over 2 years. I can see why Julius is mad if the reports are true.

Last edited by lonzobryant on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
Lol we gave KCP 30M over 2 years. I can see why Julius is mad is the reports are true.

Ironically while KCP is the new JR Smith... clutch sports could use a hollywood TT... Jules should ditch Mintz today

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

Everyone talking about KCP being overpaid (he is), do you not realize KCP was a package deal with Lebron? We signed him last year to gain a relationship with Rich Paul (KCP and Lebron's agent). Money well spent I'd say.

KCP is part of the Lebron deal. That's why he got $12mill. We should be ecstatic we oly gave him a 1 year deal and he didn't get a 4 year deal like Lebron's buddies in Cleveland (JR, Tristan, etc.). More than worth it and brilliant move by the FO. That's how you tamper.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

We may have single-handedly saved KCP's career. 30 mill over two years and a big payday after playing with Lebron. This is after turning down 5 years 80 mill

Say what you will about his agent, he got us Lebron
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

Can he come off the bench?

I kinda like to see both Ingram and Kuzma starting with LeBron.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Can he come off the bench?

I kinda like to see both Ingram and Kuzma starting with LeBron.

I can't imagine he'll start unless LeBron is OK with starting at the 4, but I think LeBron will want to start at the 3 for at least another season or 2. Right now, we're looking at Lance, KCP and Hart as the 1-3 off our bench. Lots of interchangeability on defense with those 3.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

More I think about it the more I'm happy we resigned this guy.

He was a real pro last year, no bs just work hard, and actually showed a lot of unexpected improvement over his previous years.

A lot of people are looking at him as a finished product, but he's almost as young as the rest of our core (25 years old) and getting better each year too. He's gonna be our primary three point option.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Not happy he is coming back but at least it is only a 1 year deal. Surely an overpay, but sounds like it made his agent happy, business I guess.

Hopefully KCP will be more focused on playing within the offense this year and not gambling so much on D.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 75 of 182
Jump to: