Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 540, 541, 542 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Anyone on Ty Lue's staff worth poaching as an assistant?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Dwayne Casey, but that’s it.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

I think I get it...

Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I think I get it...

Glad someone did.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Luke and the staff preparing some 1-4 ISO sets.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

Could it be possible for Jackson to return to the Lakers in a Tex Winters role to Luke Walton's Phil? There aren't many coaches who would be comfortable with Jackson in the seat behind them, but Walton might be one of the few. Being able to manage star egos was Jackson's forte and if LA gets to where they want to be in free agency (or even if the young guys start to break out), that becomes a major and somewhat new to him part of Walton's job.

I know Jackson and James had some dust ups around the "posse" comment. But me thinks that was as much about Melo as anything. James respects greatness and Jackson fits the bill. It seems Phil is sidelined while under contract for another 10 months.

Quote:
Jackson has remained out of sight since getting fired last June — holed up at his Montana lakeside mansion while renovations are completed on his Los Angeles home. Bradley wouldn’t rule out Jackson returning to the NBA in some capacity once his $60 million contract officially expires in March 2019.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

If Luke can convince Vogel to join the staff that would be awesome.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Where did that pipe dream come from?

puff puff pass
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

Is George cool with Vogel? Doubt he takes an assistant coach position so it's definitely pipe.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Could it be possible for Jackson to return to the Lakers in a Tex Winters role to Luke Walton's Phil? There aren't many coaches who would be comfortable with Jackson in the seat behind them, but Walton might be one of the few. Being able to manage star egos was Jackson's forte and if LA gets to where they want to be in free agency (or even if the young guys start to break out), that becomes a major and somewhat new to him part of Walton's job.

I know Jackson and James had some dust ups around the "posse" comment. But me thinks that was as much about Melo as anything. James respects greatness and Jackson fits the bill. It seems Phil is sidelined while under contract for another 10 months.

Quote:
Jackson has remained out of sight since getting fired last June — holed up at his Montana lakeside mansion while renovations are completed on his Los Angeles home. Bradley wouldn’t rule out Jackson returning to the NBA in some capacity once his $60 million contract officially expires in March 2019.

I don't think so. LeBron does respect greatness, but he said he lost all respect for Phil after the ”posse” comment. You have to factor in LeBron’s social awareness about race and his issues with our President, along with the fact that, similarly to Phil’s ”posse” comment, he felt that Gilbert's letter had racial overtones. I don't think he'd want Phil anywhere near the bench, even in a limited, consultant role.

Plus, I can't imagine Phil wanting that role. His ego is too big for him to only be a consultant lol. From an X’s and O’s standpoint, Tex was a fit for Phil’s coaching staff because Phil’s teams ran the triangle. After his stint in NY, we know that Phil isn't exactly open-minded about accepting the modern NBA and the way teams play offense, so I don't think he'd be a fit. But Luke does keep in contact with him and picks his brain for advice at times, so that's probably the best role for him. It's nothing official, so Luke can still talk to him from time to time and benefit from some of his advice while still keeping him at arm's length.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don't think they need a defensive guy. Keefe became the defensive coordinator last season and did an outstanding job.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

Other than on-court reasons, would Jeannie want him back after they broke off their engagement? Isn't she dating someone else now? Might be kind of awkward lol.
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

@MarcJSpearsESPN

Quote:
More Marc J. Spears Retweeted Dave McMenamin
Surprising Cavs let go of Phil Handy considering he’s one of the top NBA player development coaches. He helped Kobe, LeBron & Kyrie improve their games. Handy was also heavily involved in Cavs playoff personnel and practice preparations. Several teams already showing interest.

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/1008795722034995202
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

TrekLife wrote:
@MarcJSpearsESPN

Quote:
More Marc J. Spears Retweeted Dave McMenamin
Surprising Cavs let go of Phil Handy considering he’s one of the top NBA player development coaches. He helped Kobe, LeBron & Kyrie improve their games. Handy was also heavily involved in Cavs playoff personnel and practice preparations. Several teams already showing interest.

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/1008795722034995202

Veryyy veryyy great addition if we can some how land him to fill In Jud’s spot.

Remember he was on Brown’s staff when he was HC here.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

OK We just signed the best player in the world . Hasn't always had the best relationship with his coach.The pressure is on for Luke to be able to handle what comes with Lebron,Obviously Luke has to make some adjustments to his style Definately more ISO sets no question Lebron can be very ball dominant at times thats going to hinder that heavy passing style Luke loves on defense Lebron is not going to be fully engaged at times,he's going to call out teamates on the court,Luke is going to deal with this a lot and my bet is he's up to the task and it will work out successfully.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
OK We just signed the best player in the world . Hasn't always had the best relationship with his coach.The pressure is on for Luke to be able to handle what comes with Lebron,Obviously Luke has to make some adjustments to his style Definately more ISO sets no question Lebron can be very ball dominant at times thats going to hinder that heavy passing style Luke loves on defense Lebron is not going to be fully engaged at times,he's going to call out teamates on the court,Luke is going to deal with this a lot and my bet is he's up to the task and it will work out successfully.

He's been around Kobe/Phil a lot and successfully coached Draymond, so that's a start, I guess?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:

He's been around Kobe/Phil a lot and successfully coached Draymond, so that's a start, I guess?

From the way Luke speaks, he seems like he would coach players differently depending on if they were vets or kids. If he could handle coaching the Warriors, I'm hoping he can handle this squad.

Some fans already trying to get rid of Luke, but I'm hoping he stays.
JohnDoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I think I get it...

3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

Let's see what Luke can do with an actual team. No more excuses
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

I think reaching out to Phil Handy would be a worthwhile move.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

So... Luke has his work cut out for him.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Pray for this man!
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Walton should just resign now, because the team philosophy is going to change 360.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
Walton should just resign now, because the team philosophy is going to change 360.

So the philosophy is not changing at all then?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

So the philosophy is not changing at all then?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 540, 541, 542 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 541 of 818
Jump to: