Dwight Howard wants to come back to the lakers (Expected to sign with Wizards, pg 10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

Back in 2013 when we traded Bynum for Dwight I remember he really wanted to be a Brooklyn Net.
Now he gets traded to Brooklyn but just because we got Lebron he wants to get bought out and become a Laker?

How the tables have turned. Sure we’d have to forgive and forget that entire Dwightmare fiasco. Him leaving and notifying Laker nation he was a Rocket by twitter as he took a really smug picture with Harden. An pretty much every team he’s been on after that had some mild report of him not getting along with players and coaches.
This is a definite risk but, with LEBRON as the leader I have more confidence a knuckle head like Dwight will get his crap together. He dealt with JR “Hennyting is Possible” Smith for some time. At least D12 is a legit rim protector and rebounding hound. He actual has a chance to win and redeem himself in this situation.

If Lebron and Maginka can keep D12 in order and BI will be his Rashard Lewis and Kuz will be his Hedo Turkolgu we might have a punchers chance against GSW
MoriArty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
so lets sign another nonshooter when you're the worst shooting team and have already signed 3 nonshooters so far. And a horrible lockerroom guy to boot

KCP shot .38 on 5 attempts from 3 for us last year.
MoriArty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:
Lonzo Ball / Rajon Rondo
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope / Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram / Lance Stephenson
LeBron James / Kyle Kuzma
Dwight Howard / JaVale McGee

Screw it... let's do it.

Maybe they dominate...in 1999

God help Kuzma. All the 3 point shooting would be on him lol.

Ingram shot .39 from 3 putting up 16ppg. We do need more shooting, but we have some.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

We are replacing a nonshooting player (Randle) with one who can rebound and rim protect at a superior level. (D12)

For one year, for cheap...

Moe is replacing Lopez.

If we signed Williams then you get Lopez... but since we signed Moe we should get Dwight.

This isn't rocket science... and I think Moe has more of a chance of duplicating Lopez... than Williams has of becoming Dwight this year.
cusu32000
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

MoriArty wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:
Lonzo Ball / Rajon Rondo

Screw it... let's do it.

Ingram shot .39 from 3 putting up 16ppg. We do need more shooting, but we have some.

Exactly. And with Lebron, the shots are going to be more open. Plus, Lebron himself is a good shooter. And there are other playmakers on the team in Ball, Rondo, etc so Lebron can play a role as a "shooter" at times too.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

MoriArty wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:
Lonzo Ball / Rajon Rondo

Screw it... let's do it.

Replace Lance with Svi... and the shooting problem is solved.

If you watched Summer League last night... this isn't a pipe dream.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Bol wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Yep... people forgive Kobe for not shooting in a game 7 because he was annoyed with the press... not even mentioning his off court issues.

When was this?

http://www.travelgolf.com/blogs/chris.baldwin/2006/05/11/kobe_bryant_s_game_7_no_shot_pout_the_mo

That's your source.

Some Travel Golf Blogger.

Really...

I'd laugh, but it would be wasting a good chuckle.

I also think people are forgetting Pelinka was Kobe's agent during D12's year here and had an opportunity for an up close and personal assessment of D12's character. Not. Going. To. Happen.
MoriArty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

cusu32000 wrote:
MoriArty wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:
Lonzo Ball / Rajon Rondo

Screw it... let's do it.

Exactly. And with Lebron, the shots are going to be more open. Plus, Lebron himself is a good shooter. And there are other playmakers on the team in Ball, Rondo, etc so Lebron can play a role as a "shooter" at times too.

A lot of reports were saying that Lebron wanted to play more off-ball. Given all the playmaking we have on the squad it's not outside the realm of possibility. The possibilities...
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

Dwight wants redemption. For the vet min, what's the harm? He might actually try to fit in this time.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Bol wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Yep... people forgive Kobe for not shooting in a game 7 because he was annoyed with the press... not even mentioning his off court issues.

When was this?

http://www.travelgolf.com/blogs/chris.baldwin/2006/05/11/kobe_bryant_s_game_7_no_shot_pout_the_mo

That's your source.

Really...

I also think people are forgetting Pelinka was Kobe's agent during D12's year here and had an opportunity for an up close and personal assessment of D12's character. Not. Going. To. Happen.

If it doesn't, I'm still going to enjoy the team... and I like Brook better as a person.

But if I take personality out of the equation... Dwight is more useful as a fit for this team. Especially to defeat Golden State.

Brook makes you want to root for him more... and I'd actually prefer winning the title more with him.

But Dwight gives you a better chance of controlling Boogie and Draymond.

Let's see what happens.
solarbeat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

Where's the source on this, anyway?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

Also he was around Michael Jordan. Maybe MJ rubbed off on him and changed his professional perspective

No body from the Dwightmare days are still here except Jeanie Buss.

Yeah MJ also traded his ass for a bag of Doritos to Brooklyn.
An also Jeannie is the OWNER of the Lakers. She admitted she doesn’t know too much about basketball but not so sure she’ll be cool with D12 coming back.

Sure Dwight is still a really good rim protector and rebounder but his antics on and off court apparently still hasn’t changed. Still a risk.

https://clutchpoints.com/hornets-rumors-locker-room-tired-dwight-howard/
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

(bleep) RIGHT OFF, DWIGHT. FADE AWAY, SON. GET SCRAPED.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

Considering how much the media will protect LeBron and come down on his teammates instead of him.

I can only imagine what kind of furious hell would await Dwight if he stepped back foot on this team and tried to same ole same ole.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

As long as Lebron is okay playing with him, I'm good with it. I would pretty much run all these vet-rentals by Lebron first, and see what he says.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I would pretty much run all these vet-rentals by Lebron first, and see what he says.

I think that's the standard LeBron contract.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

(bleep) RIGHT OFF, DWIGHT. FADE AWAY, SON. GET SCRAPED.

Yup
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
troy wrote:
I would pretty much run all these vet-rentals by Lebron first, and see what he says.

I think that's the standard LeBron contract.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250554/Lakers-Consulting-With-LeBron-James-On-Offseason-Moves
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

They forget Chamberlain faked an injury when the Lakers fell behind the Celtics in game 7... and then tried to go back in when the game got close again...

It doesn't bother them either that Kawhi refused to play in an entire playoffs because he felt disrespected

But somehow Dwight is the evil that cannot be signed?

Either disavow Kobe, Chamberlain, and Kawhi... or get off the high horse.

We need defense and rebounds... we should have got Boogie but we didn't... so now we need to sign Dwight.

Unless all you want is a nice trouble free season with less stress... then sign Brook.

If you want to compete for the title... you sign Dwight.

We couldn't afford Capela... Julius wanted more than we could give... we must feel that void of defense and rebounds.

Again... read the NBA history books if you think Dwight is so much worse than some of the jerseys on our walls.

Kawhi didn't play in the Playoffs because he didn't feel ready due to his injury. Kobe didn't shoot because Phil subliminally blamed him for their loss, saying he doesn't pass enough, so he passed. If you want Dwight, that's fine, but don't create a false narrative to support what you would like.

Either he was legitimately hurt for a year, in which case we should be worried about his health... or he was hurt for part of the time and then annoyed with the front office... in which case we are not so worried about his health.

Which is it?

Because from what I can see... no one is worried about his health... including Kawhi himself who isn't really worried about financial security right now.

Kobe being annoyed with the press and Phil is no excuse... just like it was no excuse for Rondo to pout with Carlisle.

My point is only that the league is filled with glass houses.

I think the problem is, everywhere Dwight goes, he leaves a bad taste in the franchises/players mouth. They celebrate his exit. Hornets franchise is no different. Players rejoiced after he was traded, which shows no growth in maturity. The last teams of the players we acquired had nothing but good things to say about them.

Last edited by Outspoken on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
LakERIC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

If the Bosh rumor rumblings are true that he's healthy and able to rejoin the league, I'd definitely consider Bosh. Pelinka was Bosh's agent, thus all those visits at Lakers HQ. Maginka should give him a tryout to see what he looks like before a DH approval.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

Any other 2011 superstars we can sign?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

LakERIC wrote:
If the Bosh rumor rumblings are true that he's healthy and able to rejoin the league, I'd definitely consider Bosh. Pelinka was Bosh's agent, thus all those visits at Lakers HQ. Maginka should give him a tryout to see what he looks like before a DH approval.

That’s a no brainer if Chris Bosh is fully medically cleared to play without any complications he’d be the best pickup. That’s the problem though he hasn’t been medically cleared to play for years. His blood clot situation is a real threat.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

They forget Chamberlain faked an injury when the Lakers fell behind the Celtics in game 7... and then tried to go back in when the game got close again...

It doesn't bother them either that Kawhi refused to play in an entire playoffs because he felt disrespected

But somehow Dwight is the evil that cannot be signed?

Either disavow Kobe, Chamberlain, and Kawhi... or get off the high horse.

We need defense and rebounds... we should have got Boogie but we didn't... so now we need to sign Dwight.

Unless all you want is a nice trouble free season with less stress... then sign Brook.

If you want to compete for the title... you sign Dwight.

We couldn't afford Capela... Julius wanted more than we could give... we must feel that void of defense and rebounds.

Again... read the NBA history books if you think Dwight is so much worse than some of the jerseys on our walls.

Kawhi didn't play in the Playoffs because he didn't feel ready due to his injury. Kobe didn't shoot because Phil subliminally blamed him for their loss, saying he doesn't pass enough, so he passed. If you want Dwight, that's fine, but don't create a false narrative to support what you would like.

Either he was legitimately hurt for a year, in which case we should be worried about his health... or he was hurt for part of the time and then annoyed with the front office... in which case we are not so worried about his health.

Which is it?

Because from what I can see... no one is worried about his health... including Kawhi himself who isn't really worried about financial security right now.

Kobe being annoyed with the press and Phil is no excuse... just like it was no excuse for Rondo to pout with Carlisle.

My point is only that the league is filled with glass houses.

I think the problem is, everywhere Dwight goes, he leaves a bad taste in the franchises/players mouth. They celebrate his exit. Hornets franchise is no different. Players rejoiced after he was traded, which shows no growth in maturity. The last teams of the players we acquired had nothing but good things to say about them.

If you were Cousins... would you rather find out you were going up against Brook in the WCF... or Dwight?

Brook's the one you want to see if you are Cousins because he's more likely to give you the miracle comeback story you crave.

Dwight needs redemption. It's his last chance saloon here.

If he screws up you release him and roll with JaVale and Moe... then maybe bring in Bosh for half a season.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

If its a vet minimum contract then there's really no risk to us to signing Dwight. We can cut him at any time. The leash will be real short.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Bol wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

When was this?

That's your source.

Really...

>quoting golf blog internet rando's questionable perspective of the irrelevant shortcoming of a 1-2-3-4-5-time champion to try and contextualize dwight howard's earned reputation

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: