Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerFanInThe702
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: My thoughts

Interesting Pod Pete:

My thoughts are that Julius is a MUST KEEP.. & I'll bring you back to that Lakers Cavs game this past year where we won by double digits plus at home Julius was not only the best player for us on the court for the game but I would argue that he was the best player on the court period & Lebron wanted no part of guarding Julius at all during the game. You don't let that type of young talent go at all. That Julius is a player whom you can win championships with him as a key piece of the team.

(I also don't want Lebron at all on our team, but that is more of Lebron being a gravitational type player whom you have to rebuild your team around. A Lebron who is 27-28, years old.. you overhaul the team for, not for a 33 soon to be a 34 year old Lebron James who is coming off a season where he played his most games & minutes. Pass on him.)

Paul George is giving me that Dwight Howard wishy washy type vibe where he says one thing to someone, then says a completely another thing to someone else because he wants to be "liked". That type of player you can win games with & maybe even a playoff game or two with, but championships?! Nah, I don't think so. The facts are that OKC will be extremely capped out if he resigns there, a team of WB/PG/Roberson/washed Melo/Adams is 1 & done in the playoffs.. he ain't winning anything there at all.. PG has to know this about their cap situation, so that is why it is sooo baffling to me why there is even a "hard decision" for PG.. & makes me question him where he is mentally as a player, if this is such a "tough decision".. it really isn't.. if he wants to win.. come to LA, it is home, it is where your family & girl/wife/baby mama wants you to be, the team is better in LA(with or without Lebron).. only thing OKC has is Westbrook & the ability to offer more money.. it isn't hard, & if PG is "waffling" on this decision.. Pass on him..

I feel like I would rather hit doubles in free agency rather than home runs(Lebron PG-13).. of course if the home run is there, you take it(ala Home Run Derby) but you don't go out of your way to hit it.. I feel like Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, Randle etc all will be better next year than they were last year.. add some doubles to that team.. we have a 45-50 win team.. & our team is ascending for not only next year but future years after that..

BTW I don't trade for Kawhi.. I gotta see him in game action first before trading anyone for him.. he is unknown if he is healthy or not.. & I don't trade what we do know(our young guys) for what is essentially an unknown "What is behind door #1) Kawhi..

Anyways great pod like always, can't wait to keep on listening to your thoughts & reading you in the Atlantic..

Chris Rhodes
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

^Thank you, Chris!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

Video: Can Lonzo Ball & LeBron James Fit Together?

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/6/29/17516126/lakers-free-agency-lonzo-ball-lebron-james-fit-together
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Video: Can Lonzo Ball & LeBron James Fit Together?

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/6/29/17516126/lakers-free-agency-lonzo-ball-lebron-james-fit-together

This gonna be hella fun! Thanks GT!

#BannersOverBillboards
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject:

GT, I am not sure you are aware but this article was linked on the Flipboard app today which is something I and many others use daily, it means your stuff is everywhere worldwide!

Congrats in case you didn't know, not sure it pays you anything though
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
GT, I am not sure you are aware but this article was linked on the Flipboard app today which is something I and many others use daily, it means your stuff is everywhere worldwide!

Congrats in case you didn't know, not sure it pays you anything though

Very cool, I didn't know that. Flipboard doesn't pay, but increased exposure ends up converting into money one way or another.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Still waiting on that verified check on Twitter Pete so I can pop some cider haha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Still waiting on that verified check on Twitter Pete so I can pop some cider haha

Got it on Tuesday fam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:

Got it on Tuesday fam

Oh snap I hadn’t even noticed!!!

Congrats!!! Doing big things and making us proud!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

Lonzo is going to have a lot of open shots with Lebron.
Unfortunately, Lonzo can't shoot. And at the end of games it will be hack a Lonzo for poor FT shooting. The ball should be in the hands of Lebron, and Ball should come off the bench at best.
Good part is Lebron can also shoot and score.

Ingram will be a great fit with Lebron as he can hit the open jumper. And he also plays good defense.

It seems like the recent draft was to make a fit for Lebron.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

I love seeing these...means the opponents are threatened
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Gonna be an interesting season GT!! EVERY network and web channel's going to want some expert insight on the team that's now at the center of the Basketball Universe. Roster is changing by the minute. Got a feeling your task list is growing almost as fast as the invite list. Just remember us little folks when you're shutting down Barkley and Kenny with Shaq applauding in the corner OK?
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject:

Signed up for a year of The Athletic. All I needed to push me over the edge of us signing a big free agent this summer and I think you can certainly say we did that...
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject:

Btw GT - congrats on calling the Lebron signing. I know it was sort of inadvertent and just a casual mention during that podcast about the four different Hollywood sources and all but dude... now you’re gonna be known as one of the guys who had insider info and mentioned it in a public forum during this historic offseason. Not too shabby for someone who didn’t even want to be known for that.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

GT - the off-season so far:

LeBron
Lance
JaVale
Rondo

good luck with making all your "how player X" fits in with the Lakers vids
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:
GT - the off-season so far:

LeBron
Lance
JaVale
Rondo

good luck with making all your "how player X" fits in with the Lakers vids

No (bleep)
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

So the original title of this was "LeBron & the Kids" but they wanted to get all wordy about it.

https://theathletic.com/417762/2018/07/02/laker-film-room-gauging-the-potential-power-of-lebron-and-lakers-young-stars/
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
So the original title of this was "LeBron & the Kids" but they wanted to get all wordy about it.

https://theathletic.com/417762/2018/07/02/laker-film-room-gauging-the-potential-power-of-lebron-and-lakers-young-stars/

Hopefully they learn to trust your instincts.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

Laker Film Room Podcast: The Lakers Sign LeBron James https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/the-lakers-sign-lebron-james
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

GT.

From a technical standpoint.
Brook or Dwight? Who fits with this squad better?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

McGee is essentially our Dwight. Brook gives you a different look with floor spacing.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker Film Room Podcast: The Lakers Sign LeBron James https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/the-lakers-sign-lebron-james

Hey can you do like 19 more hours next time? I'm so effin bored at work, this 1:37 stuff is just not enough . . .
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
McGee is essentially our Dwight. Brook gives you a different look with floor spacing.

Yeah. Lopez + McGee is better than Dwight + McGee, and that's without the other nonsense that Dwight brings.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject:

Brilliant podcast, you guys really nailed it. Raised some very interesting points. I'm down with them being longer too; it wasn't like the lack of editing affected the quality whatsoever. Only thing I noticed is that you guys both pause to collect your thoughts way longer before you talk
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Brilliant podcast, you guys really nailed it. Raised some very interesting points. I'm down with them being longer too; it wasn't like the lack of editing affected the quality whatsoever. Only thing I noticed is that you guys both pause to collect your thoughts way longer before you talk

Haha, yeah. I was trying REALLY hard to not make an ass out of myself because I hadn't slept much the last couple of days before then.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 64 of 93
Jump to: