2018 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 332, 333, 334  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers offense making pitchers with 4.62 and 5.53 ERAs look like Cy Young candidates.
NachoLover2018
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject:

Grandal has cooled off. Ross Stripling been ehh lately too
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Puig and Kemp destroyed the Pirates. Still a little salty about Kemp not winning that MVP over Braun. Those were the days tho ... Kemp, Martin, Loney, young Kershaw and Ethier. Looking back at it, I kinda miss my McCourt Dodgers.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
Puig and Kemp destroyed the Pirates. Still a little salty about Kemp not winning that MVP over Braun. Those were the days tho ... Kemp, Martin, Loney, young Kershaw and Ethier. Looking back at it, I kinda miss my McCourt Dodgers.

That team was so fun to watch because after Manny was gone there were no expectations, it was just a team of young guys getting better and better. And tickets were so cheap lol.

Tony Gywnn Jr and Dee Gordon were also very fun to watch. I remember Dee's first game/time on base.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

After all those hits and runs yesterday who wants to bet that they get Kershaw less than 2 runs?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

Big win yesterday, especially with Giants and D-bags losing
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

1.5 games back of the West lead, but still 12 games out from the best record in baseball....just shows you how different this season is from last year.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
After all those hits and runs yesterday who wants to bet that they get Kershaw less than 2 runs?
Happens every time
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
1.5 games back of the West lead, but still 12 games out from the best record in baseball....just shows you how different this season is from last year.
They always seem to get hot around this time, last year they were on fire hitting 96hrs in 50 games. I also remember they went on a similar 50 game stretch in 2013 but only Kemp, Puig, Jansen, and Kershaw remain from that team. We've been a powerhouse since 2013, but have never gotten over that hump. Last year was they year, but for some odd reason Yu Darvish started game 7.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Muncy is now 3rd in the NL in fWar, first in offensive value, and is currently hitting HR's at a rate of 9.15 AB/HR.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Kershaw gets the win. 2 game back of the Dbags. Just have 1 more loss then them. We are going to pass them up soon and never look back again.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Muncy is now 3rd in the NL in fWar, first in offensive value, and is currently hitting HR's at a rate of 9.15 AB/HR.

It would be good for us if the NL incorporated the DH, so we wouldn't have to play him in the field. Dude is straight mashing, seemingly out of nowhere.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Max freakin' Muncy has the same amount of home runs as Giancarlo does.

Love how there's always a random guy who steps up every year. Major props to this FO for continually finding these gems.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:

Love how there's always a random guy who steps up every year. Major props to this FO for continually finding these gems.

He doesn't have the AB's to qualify but he leads the league in OPS.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

Its amazing - Pederson, Seager, Bellinger and Taylor, now Muncy.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

ESPN is now calling him Mad Max! From the article: Muncy has now homered once every 9.3 at-bats. For comparison's sake, the three all-time home run leaders -- Barry Bonds, Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth -- didn't come close to hitting home runs at that rate for their careers. The 27-year-old credited a restructured approach, which has him crouching lower into his stance and getting more upward trajectory with his swing.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

He doesn't have the AB's to qualify but he leads the league in OPS.
Doesn't have enough AB's but is top 10 in hr
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Muncy should make the all star team this year. He already has 20 HR's.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Swept the Pirates and the Dbags lost too. Only half-game out of 1st.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

This is one thing that the front office deserves a lot of credit when they've been hired. Their player development has been greatly improved across board. There were good players already in the system, but they've been able to develop other players that they got under the radar.

In other news, the Dodgers trade James Marinan and Aneurys Zabala for Dylan Floro and Zach Neal. Tough to see the Dodgers trade away Marinan as he has great upside, especially since they just acquired two guys that they had before with limited ceilings. The value might be the international signing bonus pool space that they got. They did reach agreement with the #1 international prospect Diego Cartaya. Unfortunately their first rounder, JT Ginn is still unsigned and they have like a couple days left to do so.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Division should easily be ours..no excuse.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

Done deal as far as I'm concerned.

I really hope we can get another arm. I know Machado is the big name being thrown around but like last season, another prime-time pitcher would be gravy. Both would be even better.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Snipes wrote:

I really hope we can get another arm. I know Machado is the big name being thrown around but like last season, another prime-time pitcher would be gravy. Both would be even better.

The way that the offense has picked up, it probably makes more sense to give up top prospects for deGrom, who can't be a free agent until 2021. Of course, I won't complain if we traded for Machado, depending on what we give up. Also worth noting that with the Twins faltering this season, they could look to deal Dozier again (among others), and we were obviously oh-so-close to acquiring him before the 2017 season. Only this time, Dozier is going to be a free agent this winter, just like Machado, so he won't cost close to as much as what the Twins were requesting of us last time around.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Snipes wrote:

The way that the offense has picked up, it probably makes more sense to give up top prospects for deGrom, who can't be a free agent until 2021. Of course, I won't complain if we traded for Machado, depending on what we give up. Also worth noting that with the Twins faltering this season, they could look to deal Dozier again (among others), and we were obviously oh-so-close to acquiring him before the 2017 season. Only this time, Dozier is going to be a free agent this winter, just like Machado, so he won't cost close to as much as what the Twins were requesting of us last time around.

For what it's worth, I felt the same way all of last season and this off-season. This season in particular, we're just cobbling together a pitching staff piece meal. Who can we truly count on?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Snipes wrote:

For what it's worth, I felt the same way all of last season and this off-season. This season in particular, we're just cobbling together a pitching staff piece meal. Who can we truly count on?

Yeah, going into a playoff series, we have what looks like a diminished Kershaw (who is still very good but looking mortal) and some questionable options. Rich Hill is basically a 5-inning pitcher. Stripling has never pitched like this in the majors over a full season, so who knows if he can keep this up as the innings pile up. Buehler has the upside, so he's a wild card. Wood has strung together a few encouraging outings in a row, and his WHIP on the year is still pretty good, so perhaps he can be a decent option, though he's another guy that you can't really count on for more than 5-6 innings in the postseason, methinks. Ryu is a Game 4-type option, if healthy and throwing well. Maeda is another 5-inning option but could return to a bullpen role down the stretch and in the postseason. I'm not counting on anything from Urias this season, as that would be unfair to him.

So yes, it would be nice to get an ace-like pitcher to augment this starting rotation, and a guy that might be able to go 7-8 innings in the postseason. I just think it's tough to go game-after-game in the postseason where you ask your bullpen to get 9-12 outs. Since it seems like this front office's MO to target expiring players for trade, I wonder if they could take a look at Cole Hamels, if they don't opt for a deGrom move. We've obviously been connected to Hamels in the past, and he's been excellent this year away from GlobeLife Park (and brutal at home). He has playoff experience and can go deep into games when he's on. As his option for 2019 is not going to vest, he fits that "expiring contract" criteria. And I will add that, much like Verlander, I think you could see him perk up significantly if he's pitching for a contender again, and particularly going from the AL to the NL, which is still considered the easier league to pitch in. I will also throw in the fact that the Dodgers and Rangers have recent experience in getting a deal done before the deadline.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 332, 333, 334  Next
Page 52 of 334
Jump to: