The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1498, 1499, 1500 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

You guys remember when DLo got traded how everyone said the team hated DLO, etc, etc.

Yet not one of the laker teammates went on social media to say bye to Randle.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
This is going to be a loss, interior defense will suffer. Kuzma/McGee/Zubac are average there.

Not sure what the FO was hoping for but GS took the wind out of the sails when they beat us to Boogie.

Julius’ Defensive Stats

DBPM - +0.6 (good), 0.7 blocks per 36 (average)

Taking his spot - LBJ

DBPM - +2.0 (great) 0.8 blocks per 36 (average)

McGee

DBPM - +2.1 (great) 3.3 blocks per 36 (outstanding)

Both guys we added are significantly better defending on the interior vs JR. Zubac and Kuzma don’t enter into the equation since they would be here regardless of what happened with JR. Safe to say we got better, significantly, replacing Randle with LBJ at PF and McGee at Center. With Boogie, you heard that he hadn’t received a single offer in FA and had to CALL GS and beg them to offer him a minimum right? No big loss there apparently. Again, more sensationalism, the reality is the opposite of what you state.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
You guys remember when DLo got traded how everyone said the team hated DLO, etc, etc.

I thought Randle was pretty selfish as a player but when he was near a triple double, his teammates went all out to help him pad his stats. They must have been cool with him to be so engaged in helping him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

I remember when he broke his leg on opening night. Man, that was so traumatic.

Was fun to see him grow every year, but two lessons abound here:

1. agent wars. Mintz (CAA) vs. Pelinka vs. Klutch. This is for real. Jules was a casualty in part, of this.

2. look at the lottery picks who were either renounced/traded for peanuts recently: Okafor, Hezonja, Payton, Stauskas, Mudiay, Jules.

It's one thing to be on a rookie deal; when it's time to pay the big boy money, teams seem to be eager to move on from guys who haven't established themselves as clear cut stars or taken role-appropriate deals.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
If LeBron and not Magic is making these moves, then it's only a matter of time before he gets Luke fired as HC.

Almost guaranteed
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Proud of Randle for not pouting and turning it on last year.

That said, his game of bullying people isn't going to work in the playoffs against the better teams, you can't keep everyone.

That pretty much IS playoff basketball.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Randle always gave me Bynum type vibes. Pouty and all about himself. This just confirms it.

What's the "all about himself" part for Randle? Not appreciating being taken for granted? Bynum was treated like a golden child by comparison.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of JR, but I think we could of at least traded him with Deng last season since he was doing well.
D. Sharp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

Another thing that hurts about this trade is that LeBron is now surrounded by either young guys who are still trying to find their identity in the league, or older guys who are past their prime or good in spurts.

Randle would've been the guy in between.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:

Jesse did.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

D. Sharp wrote:
Another thing that hurts about this trade is that LeBron is now surrounded by either young guys who are still trying to find their identity in the league, or older guys who are past their prime or good in spurts.

Randle would've been the guy in between.

The one youngster who was actually arriving at his potential. You'd think there'd be as much value in paying that player what he's worth as there'd be in saving space for a 2nd or 3rd max player. Pay him and apply the difference to other role players.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Why not renounce him on 7/1?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Dante Exum, 3 yrs $33 million to stay with Jazz. 5th pick.

Nobody devalues lotto picks as good as the Lakers. I would take Randle over Exum in a heartbeat.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Nobody devalues lotto picks as good as the Lakers. I would take Randle over Exum in a heartbeat.

That’s just a gross overpay, making that statement on your part is just disingenuous.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Agreed. more perplexing that all the Lakers had to do was give him a 4 year offer and he's still here, and we still have the max next off-season.

Anyway, the greatest revenge that Randle could have on us, is that when his contract ends he's put in enough work, and shown enough of his game that teams are out there trying to max him to take him away from the Pelicans.

If the Lakers were one of those teams, he'd have proven his point, regardless of where he goes.

Randle is essentially betting on himself because the Lakers wouldn't, and we shall see where that leads and what he makes of it. Gentry should be a fine coach for him, he helped bring that offense to Golden State that Randle's been playing in the past 2 seasons under Luke.
D. Sharp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
MJST wrote:
Rondo is only here for one darn season. He's not any kind of security for Lonzo.

They signed him with the cap space they "saved" from letting Randle go because LeBron wanted him.

That's it. It's the same reason Lance Stephenson is here and KCP is back.

Management made a hard choice. U know Zo is injured right, so u want to go to the season with no PG. Losing Randle is tough, I love his toughness and hustle, but he want to get paid n strap us from making anymore move this summer to balance the roster. He will not accept QO unless he have no other option which will be too late and FA already gone. I’m sure management would have love to have traded Randle to get something for him if he does not like his situation here, but as a restricted FA he has all the power, can’t trade him unless he sign.

I don't think it was that hard of a choice to them since Randle wasn't very important to them anyway.

Honestly, I think the only reason they kept Randle as long as they did was because they couldn't get anything more than a 2nd rounder for him.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

D. Sharp wrote:
DLaker wrote:
MJST wrote:
Rondo is only here for one darn season. He's not any kind of security for Lonzo.

They signed him with the cap space they "saved" from letting Randle go because LeBron wanted him.

Management made a hard choice. U know Zo is injured right, so u want to go to the season with no PG. Losing Randle is tough, I love his toughness and hustle, but he want to get paid n strap us from making anymore move this summer to balance the roster. He will not accept QO unless he have no other option which will be too late and FA already gone. I’m sure management would have love to have traded Randle to get something for him if he does not like his situation here, but as a restricted FA he has all the power, can’t trade him unless he sign.

I don't think it was that hard of a choice to them since Randle wasn't very important to them anyway.

Honestly, I think the only reason they kept Randle as long as they did was because they couldn't get anything more than a 2nd rounder for him.

Welp, they mayhap should've gotten the second rounder, cotton.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Seriously, what stupid asset management.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

D. Sharp wrote:
DLaker wrote:
MJST wrote:

Only a blind man can’t see how good Randle was last year, but if you remember Larry was playing way better than him. Randle pouted for a while for not getting an extension n minutes. Cap flex was valued by management than any other asset, to Randle’s credit he bounced back and had a tremendous year. Could have traded him during the trade deadline but choose to keep because of his value. If scenario one occurred where Lebron n Paul signed I feel Randle would have been signed long term. Zo, PG, Ingram, Lebron, Randle. Bench of Kuz, Hart, Wagner, Svi, Zu. But since plan A did not work plan B took place where we preserve our cap again to get another star next year. I’m 100% sure they offer Randle a 1 yr deal for more money, but the man wants security n who doesn’t when u have a kid n a wife to support. If Kawhi came through I’m certain they sign Randle long term also. But we know this whole mess was created by our old FO n Dlo n Randle r the casualties.
D. Sharp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
D. Sharp wrote:
DLaker wrote:
MJST wrote:

It can't be stressed enough that nothing was gained from this (unless we get Kawhi).
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like we just lost a prime Karl Malone up in here
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
You can keep trying to rose it up.

But they let our best player from last year go for nothing, he went and formed the best front court in the NBA with Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins went to the Warriors for half of what we're now paying Rajon Rondo with the money we "saved" by not signing Randle long term.

Wanna know the best way the Lakers could have done 'right' by Randle?

Signing him on long term at 10-12M a year.

And then going into next off-season with a max in hand, stretching Deng and going after the free agency class of 2019 after a strong season.

But nope. They, like many people here took Randle for granted and now it's come back to bite them when they realize they aren't going to find anyone else at his price point that can match his productivity while New Orleans are laughing all the way to the bank that we just let him waltz there for nothing.

And now, we get to watch how this season unfolds. All we've done, is now force LeBron to have to do even more. And as he's going on 34, we'll see that not investing in the best of our young players and constantly taking them for granted, probably isn't the best choice when you have an aging star on your roster.

You'd have thought we'd have learned that lesson. But alas. We'll see what it brings this season.

Ball is still on the team.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
This move will sadly come back to haunt the front office. They basically choose Rondo over Randle. A guy who has been on 5 teams in the past four years, and no team has kept him for longer than a year. But what's more concerning is that the three free agent signings other than Lebron have been guys who have traditionally been known as locker room problems.

Yep. For as much as this FO liked to scream about wanting high character guys whom work hard and all that other wahoo they screamed about. Seems the person that did that is the one they took for granted the most, punished the most, and tried to diminish the most, who still outshined everyone else despite that and remained a professional and a great locker room and team guy through and through.

So they went out and got people notorious for being locker room problems, and the exact opposite of what this team had been preaching they wanted.

All the front office have shown with this Randle situation is that everything thet spat about wanting, Randle gave them, and he got unjustly punished the most for it, because they never intended for him to be as great as he was nor to reward him for it.

And now it's gonna come back to haunt him. Now you got Lakers fans wanting to bring Dwight back.

The Lakers just let the guy whom was the epitome of everything they preached about wanting from our youngsters, and are now looking at the probability of having to bring in the exact....opposite.

-_-

And fyi if the Lakers commit to Julius for 4 years, which they could have easily done while still getting a max next season. He's still a Laker right now. So let's not act like the Lakers didn't just blow it.

Remember when the OKC fans were saying "Hey, getting Kevin Martin was fine. Harden didn't want to be here. We'll get over it." when the reality was if they had just paid Harden the extra 3 million they'd have kept him?

Yeah, it's one of those situations. If the Lakers commit to Randle for 4 years instead of trying to short change him again.. he's still a Laker.

Jeez, dude, you are embarrassing Lakers fans everywhere!!! Chill out, you don't know everything!! Magic and Rob actually know more than you about what is going on with the players. You have to learn to have trust, have some faith!!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) once said:

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Well Randle was limited and he thought he was a max. player and wanted a 3-year $20mil/yr contract, which the Lakers did not agree and thus he is now a Pelican.

I would not be surprised if his numbers next year go down playing next to Davis...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

D. Sharp wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
D. Sharp wrote:
DLaker wrote:
MJST wrote:

It can't be stressed enough that nothing was gained from this (unless we get Kawhi).

And even then, they could've told Randle to be a pro and suck it up for a season, so I don't see how Julius is directly connected to opening up cap space for Kawhi next summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1498, 1499, 1500 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1499 of 1536
Jump to: