I'm a lifelong Laker fan who's not a fan of signing LeBron
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeIsTheOne
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: I'm a lifelong Laker fan who's not a fan of signing LeBron

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/07/02/lebron-james-lakers-fan-confession-lonzo-ball-kyle-kuzma

^^^
For all of the above reasons, but also for this: I think we had better options.

Sign Paul George instead of LeBron this offseason. Retain Julius Randle. Play out this season with a core of PG, Lonzo, Ingram, Randle, and Kuzma, let the chemistry develop. Sign Kawhi (who WANTS to be here) next offseason.

That is a championship roster. And a young one at that, capable of MULTIPLE title runs.

Yeah I saw the docuseries on PG. Nowhere did he say he didn’t want to come to L.A.... he said he wanted to come last year, but that the Lakers didn’t trade for him. Those are just facts.

““It’s been very stressful. It has not been an easy decision. I 100 percent appreciate Laker Nation for wanting me to come back home, for wanting to play in front of them.

”I wanted to come here a year ago prior to going to OKC. Unfortunately, I wasn’t traded to the Lakers. The Lakers didn’t grab me. I was traded to Oklahoma.”

He obviously can’t publicly say “I’m not going to the Lakers because it’s going to be all about LeBron now”, but I sincerely believe that had we not signed LBJ, he’d be a Laker today. When it became imminent that James was coming here, he didn’t want to make it seem like it was a reaction to what LeBron did, and got the jump by announcing his move first. But make no mistake, he knew LeBron to L.A. was a done deal.

George just wanted to be a part of building something special, something to leave his imprint on. Building with the young core would have been exactly that, not the sloppy thirds, Act 3 LeBron circus it will be now. He also knows that if we were to win, all of the credit would go to LeBron, and all of the blame would go to him (George) if we didn't.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130129/daily-dime

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-thinks-neo-matrix-could-ve-best-174850191--nba.html
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Not a fan of Lebron either but he's on the Lakers now and I roll with the Lakers
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Lebron being here doesn't threaten Kobe's legacy. I know you're going to saying thats not it but I really do think thats what it comes down to even if you're doing it subconsciously.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

I’m not a “fan” of Lebron....but I highly doubt if losing Randle is going to be the difference between our “young core” making multiple title runs down the road or not. Our young guys are still around and will improve and have the opportunity to work with one of the best to ever do it, it’s going to accelerate their growth if anything.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

Wait, so is this about LeBron or PG13?

I'm myself an old school fan, who took 14 years to "like" Kobe! Needless to say, i haven't been enamored by LeBron, but now that he's here, i'm willing to roll with it (isn't that what fans of the TEAM do?)

We got Lebron... i say we let go of all PG13 coulda/woulda/shoulda discussions
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Good article and feel similar.
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

PG13 would have cost us Ingram and others.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Looks at OP’s username... not surprised.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Not a fan of Lebron either but he's on the Lakers now and I roll with the Lakers

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

defense wrote:

Agreed. I'll never buy his jersey or his shoes, but he's a LAKER now so Imma clap and cheer as he leads OUR team back to greatness.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

So he stayed in OKC where he can't even get out of the first round against a team led by a rookie....
You are right playing with Lebron isn't comfortable....neither is playing for the Lakers where the fans expect championships.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

You wanted and still can’t move on from Paul George?

Thunderground is that way ->
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

It's hard to sign a guy when his agent won't give you a meeting.
BruceLeroy1985
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm a lifelong Laker fan who's not a fan of signing LeBron

I 100% agree
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I'm a lifelong Laker fan who's a fan of signing LeBron, and "BIG TIME"....
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe so many people are heartbroken about Paul George not coming, like he's a top 10-15 player. He's nothing to really lose sleep over he's a good player but there's many better options available.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Actions speak louder than words...so many players used the Lakers as leverage and then when there was a window where they could've signed for us they left us high and dry. Lebron, whether you like him or hate him because of his rivalry with Kobe in the past, took the challenge and burden of being a Laker. That gets a lot of respect from Laker fans.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

I don't like it much either but it is what it is.

What I really don't get though is why people are praising the FO so much when Lebron coming here had little to do with basketball. People are so impressed by this signing that they're completely blinded to the rest of our offseason moves which alone would warrant of a D or F grade. We outbid ourselves for the worst defender in the league. Then we let our best player from last year walk for nothing, leaving us with no center and further weakening our defense. Then we use the money now available to once again outbid ourselves to sign Rondo.

Looking past the lebron signing this was a very questionable offseason
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

So we get the best player in the world, and Laker fans still complain gottt dayum
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Fool. Championships are hard to come by. You take them when you can get them. I didn't hear any fans complaining when we signed Wilt and Kareem. Oh and after Shaq, getting rid of our "young core" in Eddie Jones and Nick Van Excel, replacing them with Kobe, Harper, Shaw, etc. to WIN.

Our young core is worse than Phoenix, Philadelphia, Boston, Utah, and Denver. Rolling with them would have meant mediocrity.

Last edited by bfc1125roy on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Cool
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
I don't like it much either but it is what it is.

What I really don't get though is why people are praising the FO so much when Lebron coming here had little to do with basketball. People are so impressed by this signing that they're completely blinded to the rest of our offseason moves which alone would warrant of a D or F grade. We outbid ourselves for the worst defender in the league. Then we let our best player from last year walk for nothing, leaving us with no center and further weakening our defense. Then we use the money now available to once again outbid ourselves to sign Rondo.

Looking past the lebron signing this was a very questionable offseason

Lol these are merely placeholder deals to afford a 2nd superstar (and then some) next summer. And even with this motley crew of 1 yr vets, we're still going to be a 50-win playoff team, which will give our young core some valuable postseason experience. Look at the big picture.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

West, Baylor, Wilt, Jabar, Magic, Kobe, O Neal, Lebron. That s 8 of probably top 20 of all times. This is what Lakers do.No room for any other conversation.
Lakers take the best.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

If he wins a ring life is good. Our young guys need playoff experience hopefully he helps that
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

greek laker wrote:
West, Baylor, Wilt, Jabar, Magic, Kobe, O Neal, Lebron. That s 8 of probably top 20 of all times. This is what Lakers do.No room for any other conversation.
Lakers take the best.

Yes and six of those are top 10! Amazing when you think about it and helps you understand why a lot of laker fans are spoiled and whiney.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34
Jump to: