Report: Chris Bosh's mother suspect questioned in drug trafficking raid

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Report: Chris Bosh's mother suspect questioned in drug trafficking raid

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/08/report-chris-boshs-mother-suspect-named-in-drug-trafficking-raid/

Quote:
Report: Chris Bosh’s mother suspect questioned in drug trafficking raid

Like a lot of NBA players (and other wealthy people), Chris Bosh bought his mother a home.

That home — in a gated community in the suburbs of Dallas — and his mother Freida, were targeted in a drug trafficking raid early Friday morning, according to TMZ.

A home owned by Chris Bosh was the target of a police drug trafficking raid — with the NBA star’s mother named as one of the suspects … TMZ Sports has learned….

One of the suspects listed on the search warrant is Freida Bosh — who allegedly lives in the home, which cops believe is owned by her son.

A rep for the DPD tells us a bunch of evidence was seized from the home — “a large amount of drug paraphernalia was recovered consistent with narcotics trafficking.”

No arrests or charges have yet been made, according to a spokesman for the DeSoto Police Department (the city where the home is located). While those may be coming, whether they include Freida Bosh remains to be seen. Take it from someone who spent years on a police beat for a newspaper, these kinds of raids and investigations are never as clean and easy as they look on some CBS cop drama. However, police believe the evidence they found points to trafficking out of the house.

Frieda Bosh was one of several people found in the home at the time of the raid, according to DeSoto Police. She has been questioned in the case.

According to police interviewed by TMZ, Chris Bosh is not involved at all, other than owning the house (he does not live there). He would be far from the first person to give a relative a place to live, only to have said relative commit crimes from that property.

Chris Bosh is focused on trying to find a way back to the NBA, in one role or another.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

https://www.theroot.com/happy-mothers-day-chris-boshs-mom-sues-the-former-nba-1825956486

Quote:
Happy Mother’s Day: Chris Bosh’s Mom Sues the Former NBA Player for Cutting Her Off

Chris Bosh, 34, and his mother, Frieda, have a complicated relationship. In October 2017, Bosh reportedly tried to have his mother evicted from the DeSoto, Texas, house that she claims they built together.

In December of that same year, Frieda was arrested for allowing a drug ring to be run out of the house where she lived. According to reports, cocaine and heroin were being sold by a man, Johnathan Brown, who is accused of forcing a handicapped man, who was also staying in the Bosh home, to assist with drug sales.

Both Frieda and Brown were arrested on charges of exploitation of a disabled person, police told the Dallas News.

Now the former NBA star is being sued by Frieda after she claims he reneged on his promise to always take care of her.

According to the New York Post, Frieda claims that in 2005 her son had her sign papers relating to the deed. Believing that the papers were about the divorce from her husband and Bosh’s father, Noel, Frieda signed them. Frieda claims that in return for her signing the papers, Bosh promised to provide for his mom for the rest of her life.

Frieda claims that in August 2017 she learned the hard truth—that she was no longer the owner of her home—and alleges that the document she signed in 2005 was manipulated to give ownership of the home solely to Bosh.

“Freida is seeking unspecified damages, alleging Bosh has continuously tried to evict her. Bosh denies all allegations, requesting the case be tossed out,” the Post reports.

Bosh had a promising NBA career that was cut short when team doctors discovered that he had blood clots in his legs.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/chris-bosh-wins-case-against-mother-over-home-eviction/ar-AAzDp6D?li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:
Chris Bosh wins case against mother over home eviction

Chris Bosh has been wrapped up in a legal war with his mother over a home she had been living in that he owns, and a judge has reportedly ruled in the NBA star’s favor after his mother sued him.

Earlier this year, Bosh’s mother Freida filed a lawsuit claiming Chris promised to take care of her and allow her to live in the Desoto home for the remainder of her life. Freida says Chris had her sign documents in 2005 related to the deed of the home, and she believed at the time that she was signing papers related to her divorce from Chris’ father, Noel, to transfer the house to her name. Instead, she says the documents transferred the house to Chris’s name only.

Freida was suing to stop Chris from evicting her, and court documents obtained by The Blast show that a judge sided with Chris in his decision. The judge dismissed the case after hearing arguments from both sides, meaning Freida will have to cover all court costs and Chris can proceed with the eviction.

The drama between Bosh and his mother came to light last year when Freida was accused of running a drug operation out of the Texas home. She claimed Chris was trying to have her evicted from the home before that and that she took on short-term tenants to help pay for legal bills to fight the eviction. Freida blamed one of the tenants for creating the drug issues.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

wonder what she did to make him want to evict her. If I had that much and my mom did me so wrong that I had to cut her out my life I'd still let her keep the home.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

She ran a drug dealing operation from the home he bought her.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
wonder what she did to make him want to evict her. If I had that much and my mom did me so wrong that I had to cut her out my life I'd still let her keep the home.

What I'm wondering is why she needed to deal drugs when her son has that much money and already bought her a house...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
She ran a drug dealing operation from the home he bought her.

It’s just so ????

Why. Chris has generational wealth.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: