Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 439, 440, 441 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject:

Watching snippets of Holloway’s interview on UFC tonight just hours before his team pulled the plug on his 226 appearance, Max did not look good. In fact, it just hit me that after watching the first Embedded installment, I was wondering if Blessed had been getting his Diaz Bros on something fierce.

Damn. He hasn’t fought in the past 8 months. IMO, this ain’t looking good.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Dana was saying it doesn’t look like he’s gonna fight anytime soon. He also seemed upset Ortega didn’t take an interim fight against Stephens. Threw him under the bus in the presser today.

Can’t blame T-City. Stephens is a killer and a waaay diff fighter than max. Gotta get prepared for a guy like that. They should do Stephens vs Ortega in LA for 227 if there’s time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Dana was saying it doesn’t look like he’s gonna fight anytime soon. He also seemed upset Ortega didn’t take an interim fight against Stephens. Threw him under the bus in the presser today.

Can’t blame T-City. Stephens is a killer and a waaay diff fighter than max. Gotta get prepared for a guy like that. They should do Stephens vs Ortega in LA for 227 if there’s time

Dana really did that? Seems odd that someone like Ortega, who stepped in late to help save a card when he fought Edgar, would be turned on that quickly.

Maybe the interview came too close to the moment.

I read an article after the Edgar fight where T-City said he wouldn't take any more short notice bouts. But then quickly changed his mind when he was willing to throw his name in the hat to fight Khabib when Ferguson tore his knee up. Of course, that was all predicated on Max not accepting the offer first. But T-City agreed. Then we all know what happened next.

My point is, all of that considered, it just seems like a short and perhaps unfair fuse that Ortega was given and then had lit up by Dana. Then again, it was probably due to something like Brian's camp asking for more cheddar. That would upset him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Yup plus we all know how emotional Dana is.

Skip to 5:24

Heads to y’all Paulo Costa vs Uriah Hall is also on this card!! IIRC that guy is a freight train!’ Should be interesting to see him go up against Uriah. Bet is Uriah relegated to gatekeeper now?

Also Chiesa missed weight and said this will be his last fight at 155. I don’t see him challenegeing for the thrown at welterweight. Perhaps a bellator career would be better for him?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Heads to y’all Paulo Costa vs Uriah Hall is also on this card!! IIRC that guy is a freight train!’ Should be interesting to see him go up against Uriah. Bet is Uriah relegated to gatekeeper now?

Also Chiesa missed weight and said this will be his last fight at 155. I don’t see him challenegeing for the thrown at welterweight. Perhaps a bellator career would be better for him?

Oh, I guess that's not so bad. If that was throwing T-City under the bus, then the Family Edgar got it from the rear wheels shortly thereafter.

LOL @ Ferguson still wearing shades indoors.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

The crowd boo’ing is prob what made it seem worse in my mind lol.

Bahahah yeah the Ferguson bit was hilarious.

Did you see DC fall because he tripped on that speaker today? The comment section was merciless
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Whittaker vs Gastelum the next ultimate fighter coaches
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

FYI, if you right click on the actual Youtube video, you can select "Copy video URL at current time".

ie:

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

FYI, if you right click on the actual Youtube video, you can select "Copy video URL at current time".

ie:

Rgr that JB!! I was on my phone haha

Adesanya looks like he improved a lot since his last fight. Next level striking for sure. He’s the Zabit of the middleweight division
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

The costa Hall fight is an instant classic!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Adesanya called out costa yesterday. Idk if ufc wants two young bloods in the division to meet so soon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Upset city!!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject:

I don’t see anywhere for chiesa to go from here. Bellator?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

That was the most bizarre fight I’ve ever seen (Ngannou vs Lewis)

Fixed fight?

Ngannou going easy on Lewis because of his back?

I’m at a loss
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Wow! Cormier knocked Miocic out in the first round! That guy is unbelievable.

Last edited by 32 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Damn he did it. He has set himself up for his biggest pay day to end his career if he can get Brock in there.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Damm Cormier is GOAT.
I swear if Jones didn't cheat both times I know Daniel would of k/o'ed his little bit.ch ass
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

What the heck is the Brock Lesnar (bleep). It looked like the WWE.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
What the heck is the Brock Lesnar (bleep). It looked like the WWE.

Lol (bleep) was so staged my gawd.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Cormier is def setup to be goat! Still undefeated at heavyweight!! His resume is impeccable.

If he were to beat Lesnar and Jones for his last two fights before retirement he would have the GOAT crown with no argument me thinks
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

DC yo. Wow...

Great time catching the fight Gimme_the_rock! Thanks for joining us. Hype crowd...
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Gotta come in and take my lumps. Couldn't have been more wrong on my picks.
Good for DC. I do like Stipe, but DC deserves a big payday and to be in the discussion of all time greats.
Ngannou/Lewis - I am not sure what the hell that was about. Did someone spike their water bottles? They better go back to the drawing board on Ngannou.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

^^the knockout.. BEAST...
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject:

My first live UFC event in over a decade and what a card to catch!!! I have to admit, after Max got pulled, my excitement battery was absolutely drained. How wrong can a guy be???

Costa/Hall, Rountree Jr derailing the latest hype train, Pettis bringing back Showtime on non-weight making Chiesa, the Perry/Felder war and then, after witnessing the worst dance-off in the modern era, the historic DC/Stipe clash.

Me and JB (who, to nobody’s surprise, is one cool mofo) were agreeing that we had no idea what to expect as the fighters entered the octagon. Explosive pyrotechnics, man. Poor Stipe never saw that compact punch coming. In real time, I thought DC had landed an elbow. That was some Evander Holyfield level close fighting ish. The image of Stipe dropping like a dude with a glass jaw remains surreal. That was no chump, that there dude was the UFC’s baddest man with the most consecutive title defenses EVER. That same guy withstood one of the most ferocious storms any fighter has ever seen from (at the time) the most explosive, walking natural disaster in Ngannou and then calmly proceeded to school and dominate the next 23 and half minutes straight like man vs. boy. The same Stipe who shook that same former terror so bad, Ngannou looked like me out there trying to face Derek Lewis and hold him at bay with faints and jazz hands. THAT same Stipe just got laid TFO in less than a round. Can you tell I’m still in near disbelief?

So yeah, I believe you gotta put DC in the conversation of all-timers now. Happy for him.

Brock Lesnar is a wreck but damn are those PPV’s are going to be historic.

Last edited by Gimme_the_rock on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:16 am; edited 10 times in total
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Gotta come in and take my lumps. Couldn't have been more wrong on my picks.
Good for DC. I do like Stipe, but DC deserves a big payday and to be in the discussion of all time greats.
Ngannou/Lewis - I am not sure what the hell that was about. Did someone spike their water bottles? They better go back to the drawing board on Ngannou.

Appreciate the standup point of view from you (as always) OLG but I’ve been wrong a ton. For instance, I thought Ngannou was going to sleep Stipe. And, for all intensive purposes, Stipe just won 3 more rounds against the Cameroonian last night. That man is shook. Stipe to Lewis: you’re welcome.

The heavyweight division is about to go supersaiyan in a hot minute. We will definitely see Jon Juicy Jones up on the mix for sure now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 439, 440, 441 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 440 of 499
Jump to: