THANK YOUJAVALE MCGEE!!! (Traded to Cleveland)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerInToronto wrote:
Underrated signing. This guy knows the Warriors and at worst can provide some sort of insight as to how the operate.

I mean, it obviously won't matter much, people know the Warriors gameplan and still can't stop it. But hey, maybe JaVale can be like "Yo Lance, KD gets real uncomfortable if you make fun of his wrist tattoos."

Won't help, he has no long-term memory. He can't process thoughts like this.. "Last time, I made that blooper. Okay, I'm not going to do that tonight."
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

I’m not saying you all will really like Javale McGee when you see him play night in and night out, but you will...lol. Dude is smart, knows the game, plays awesome D and is great at finishing around the rim.

I know he makes Shaqtin a fool a lot, but who cares...if you aren’t making mistakes you aren’t trying.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject:

He will be like Mbenga play 15 minutes or so block a few shots and get the crowd excited. What do you expect for chump change?
JustAnotherLakerChampions
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

My guess McGee signing was to lower Lopez asking price.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Mike Brown on why JaVale doesn’t play more minutes:
“Most 7-footers, when it comes to pick-and-roll action, we’re telling them: ‘Hey, kind of be close to the screen, but it’s OK if you’re down the floor,'” Brown said. “But we’re telling (JaVale) in pick-and-roll situations, especially against Portland’s great guards, be up the floor, be up the floor. So he’s up the floor, then he’s chasing the ball to the rim, blocking it, trying to get a rebound. Then sometimes, he’s closing out, contesting a shot. And then we’re having him set the screen and: ‘Hey, every time you set a screen, you roll. If you don’t get it, come back out, set a screen and roll again.’ So he expends a lot of energy with how hard he plays. We feel he’s a five- to six-minute type guy. Then you sit him down.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/25/should-the-warriors-give-javale-mcgee-more-minutes/

IMO, I think JAVale could be stretched to give us about 5-6 min a quarter or about 20-24 minutes per game.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

JaVale is a good signing. I remember back in the day, Pam McGee and Magic were VERY close.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
“Most 7-footers, when it comes to pick-and-roll action, we’re telling them: ‘Hey, kind of be close to the screen, but it’s OK if you’re down the floor,'” Brown said. “But we’re telling (JaVale) in pick-and-roll situations, especially against Portland’s great guards, be up the floor, be up the floor. So he’s up the floor, then he’s chasing the ball to the rim, blocking it, trying to get a rebound. Then sometimes, he’s closing out, contesting a shot. And then we’re having him set the screen and: ‘Hey, every time you set a screen, you roll. If you don’t get it, come back out, set a screen and roll again.’ So he expends a lot of energy with how hard he plays. We feel he’s a five- to six-minute type guy. Then you sit him down.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/25/should-the-warriors-give-javale-mcgee-more-minutes/

IMO, I think JAVale could be stretched to give us about 5-6 min a quarter or about 20-24 minutes per game.

Isn't the main reason why he plays less minutes because Draymond is so good at the 5 spot?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:51 am    Post subject:

My gut feeling tells me this is Luke’s idea
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

Isn't the main reason why he plays less minutes because Draymond is so good at the 5 spot?

i’m sure is was, but to maximize JaVale’s output, might be best to have him follow a similar game plan, which still leave at least 1/2 the game with another person playing the center role.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject:

I like the signing but he is a limited mpg kind of player. A high energy backup.

He will be fun and exciting for only about 15-20mpg at the max. Last five years he has averaged only 11 mpg. I’m not expecting him to be on the floor extended mins, nor should he.

Just curious that it still leaves a lot of mpg to be filled.

No problem with the signing just wonder what is the final total picture at center for the season will end up being.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
JaVale is a good signing. I remember back in the day, Pam McGee and Magic were VERY close.

Dr. J too
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject:

Mcgee and Kuz both from Flint, Michigan

highlights last year
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Mcgee and Kuz both from Flint, Michigan

highlights last year

Thanks. I was just about to ask if highlights existed of his play. It’s usually the other way around. He’s going to be missed by the Warriors. We got what we wanted at a very reasonable price. He’s gonna look great with Rondo and Lebron.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Lebron, lonzo, rondo gonna make McGee look like Clint capela on the rockets
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:

yeah...he was playing with scrubs in Oakland
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

No but I wouldn't say anyone on the dubs are at rondo lebron or even lonzo level passing. Curry can make a nice pass here and there but not passing savant like the aforementioned.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
zambia wrote:

Dr. J too

Dad?

I don't really think you can play McGee a lot of minutes. I think he may have some type of ADHD. You can only keep him focused for so long. GSW figured out how to use him in short bursts but I doubt you will get effective starter minutes from him.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

No but I wouldn't say anyone on the dubs are at rondo lebron or even lonzo level passing. Curry can make a nice pass here and there but not passing savant like the aforementioned.

their assist totals tell a different story imo
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

their assist totals tell a different story imo

McGee with the dubs was the recipient of assists on a high passing team. He got open in part due to the passing and also due to how many all star threats the Dubs have on their squad. I think the difference is McGee in many cases was open on the dubs and with the lakers, guys like lonzo, rondo, and lebron will get him in positions to finish even when hes not open because that's what passing savants do. They get you the ball even when you're not necessarily open. They see and create passes even in the face of good defense. That's why I compared McGee to capela, because capela on another team without passing savants like cp3 and harden would be average. Even on a team like the dubs, a guy like capela wouldnt look too much different than what McGee did. Guys like cp3 make guys like capela and DeAndre Jordan look like all stars. Look at DeAndre now without cp3, doesn't look the same.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I think Brian Shaw's head is about to explode all over again. And he thought he was done with Denver.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Javale was assisted on higher percentage of his shots than Capela last season

He isn't gonna suddenly become a completely different player at 31 just becuase he is on the same team as Lonzo

Like you know that Draymond averaged more APG than Lonzo last season right?

Also, DeAndre Jordan was scoring the same amount last season as he did with CP3 over the past few years

Last edited by 10scott10 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:

He isn't gonna suddenly become a completely different player at 31 just becuase he is on the same team as Lonzo

Also, DeAndre Jordan was scoring the same amount last season as he did with CP3.

I think playing w/ the Lakers will make Javele look like Javale.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

I can see Mcgee play those 6 minute spurts, along with ZU, and quite possible sneak Bron down there for a few minutes.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:

Also, DeAndre Jordan was scoring the same amount last season as he did with CP3 over the past few years

For a big man, I am really impressed how he runs the court. No thinking or anything, just turns around and RUNS. Unfortunately, he once did that on accident when his team got the offensive rebound, but hey, you can't control the brain god gave you. You can control whether or not you are lazy running back down the court.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

20-24 minutes a night, high energy center, yeah, he'll do just fine.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 8 of 44
Jump to: