THANK YOUJAVALE MCGEE!!! (Traded to Cleveland)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
governator wrote:
zambia wrote:
JaVale is a good signing. I remember back in the day, Pam McGee and Magic were VERY close.

Dr. J too

Dad?

I don't really think you can play McGee a lot of minutes. I think he may have some type of ADHD. You can only keep him focused for so long. GSW figured out how to use him in short bursts but I doubt you will get effective starter minutes from him.

He’s got a bad asthma so he gets winded easily but he should be pretty active at spurts, protect the rim
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
Javale was assisted on higher percentage of his shots than Capela last season

He isn't gonna suddenly become a completely different player at 31 just becuase he is on the same team as Lonzo

Like you know that Draymond averaged more APG than Lonzo last season right?

Also, DeAndre Jordan was scoring the same amount last season as he did with CP3 over the past few years

Do assist totals take into account the way in which the assist was created? How about the difficulty of the assist? The quality of the assist? The state of the coverage during the assist?

Did I say McGee would become a different player or did I say he'd look comparable to another player? Did I say it would be due to lonzo? Or did I say due to lonzo, rondo, and lebron?

Did I say McGee would be assisted more than he was on the dubs? I said he would be assisted to similarly as capela was with the rockets.

Did I say DeAndre scored more with cp3? Or did I say he looked different when he was with cp3? I didnt say his scoring totals looked different. Is it possible to score the same but score in different ways? How you receive the ball to score can also be different?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

2012 McGee was a stud, he gave us a lot of problems when we played the Denver Nuggets, if he can get back to that level without the craziness we will be a top contender, his stats don’t tell his overall Impact at the C position, if he had any sort of high IQ he would be a multiple year all-star.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqQuB_aPak

Look at this video of McGee dunking all over the Lakers and coming up with a clutch block against Gasol, he’s gonna be good for us as long as our PGs get him involved.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Love the way he is actively cheering with the guys in SL.

We gonna be BAD.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Look at this video of McGee dunking all over the Lakers and coming up with a clutch block against Gasol, he’s gonna be good for us as long as our PGs get him involved.

6 years ago
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

For 12-14 minutes a game at the vets min, you can't complain.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject:

I liked the way he sat courtside tonight but didn't block the view of any of the paying spectators. He's going to be doing that a fair amount next season, so he's getting in his work now. Showing some real almost-on-court IQ and professionalism.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
governator wrote:
zambia wrote:
JaVale is a good signing. I remember back in the day, Pam McGee and Magic were VERY close.

Dr. J too

Dad?

I don't really think you can play McGee a lot of minutes. I think he may have some type of ADHD. You can only keep him focused for so long. GSW figured out how to use him in short bursts but I doubt you will get effective starter minutes from him.

He’s got a bad asthma so he gets winded easily but he should be pretty active at spurts, protect the rim

Two seasons he’s played as high as 27 mpg. Why can’t we play him for 20-25mpg?
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
governator wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
governator wrote:
zambia wrote:

Dr. J too

Dad?

Noticed he played more minutes on the road than at home during his first full year in Denver. Maybe playing that many games in Denver made it worse? His minutes declined every year after. He's only played over 20 minutes 3 times since 2012-13.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

It's official. Congrats!
Wearing #7 ey?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

McGee has a message for Laker fans:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lakers/status/1016776294564970496
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

lucky Pierre...

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/8308270/nba-javale-mcgee-producer-alter-ego-pierre-new-album

NBA Star JaVale McGee Talks His Producer Alter-Ego Pierre, Premieres New 16-Track Album: Exclusive
4/12/2018 by Natalie Maher
ZoTimeLakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Interesting looking at JaVale's stats and he has managed to post a positive net rating every year of his career outside of his rookie year, a 5 game season in 2013-14, and the 2014-15 season that was greatly skewed by a 6 game stint in Philly when they were one of the worst teams in history.

His per-36 numbers have been unreal throughout his career as well. Maybe he can serve as a serviceable C for 20 mins a night.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
governator wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
governator wrote:
zambia wrote:

Dr. J too

Dad?

He will.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

The Gm 7 from that series has really been the Lakers' biggest game ever since. That was a great game from what I recall. Steve Black saved the day as usual, iirc. Might peep it again, recorded it.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Who plays the other 30 minutes is my question... LeBron won't play small ball 5 when he barely played pf..he needs some rest as an 34 years old
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Who plays the other 30 minutes is my question... LeBron won't play small ball 5 when he barely played pf..he needs some rest as an 34 years old

The season before last, Zubac played a decent 16 minutes per game as a 19-year-old freshman. Indeed, the more minutes he gets, the better he seems to play. No reason he can’t play 20-28 minutes a night. Wagner should also be able to play 20+ minutes a night as needed.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

McGee is going to start and play about 25 minutes a game. So the rest of the minutes IMO will go to Bron (maybe 10 ) and Wagner (10-15). The FO is very high on Wagner and we'll have to wait and see if he can do the job...but that's the plan for now. Worse case Zu comes in shape and get some minutes. The thing is they want to play a fast tempo and Zu is so flat footed.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
lewis wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

McGee is going to start and play about 25 minutes a game. So the rest of the minutes IMO will go to Bron (maybe 10 ) and Wagner (10-15). The FO is very high on Wagner and we'll have to wait and see if he can do the job...but that's the plan for now. Worse case Zu comes in shape and get some minutes. The thing is they want to play a fast tempo and Zu is so flat footed.

I don't think McGee can play 20-25 minutes per game, he did not do that since his Denver days. Also I don't think it's smart to play Bron at C, the wear and tear will take it's toll. There is a reason players (A. Davis , Aldrigde, k. Love. etc..) keep avoiding time at this position
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
King Randle wrote:
lewis wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I don't think McGee can play 20-25 minutes per game, he did not do that since his Denver days. Also I don't think it's smart to play Bron at C, the wear and tear will take it's toll. There is a reason players (A. Davis , Aldrigde, k. Love. etc..) keep avoiding time at this position

Did you see McGee's interview? He expects to start and play a lot and be in the best shape he's ever been. There's a reason the Lakers targeted him quickly. Not to play just 10 minutes. And like previously mentioned, aside from Embid the center position isn't as tough as it was. Most of the centers now are finesse. 7-10 minutes at center from Bron is nothing. The question is how does the opposing center match up against him?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

If he starts, I expect:

1Q: 6 mins start
2Q: 4 mins
3Q: 6 mins start
4Q: could sit most of it or play spot minutes.

So about 16-18mpg is my guess.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

I like this signing. We needed a rim protector for cheap.

Him and Lebron are going to have the best pre-game handshake in the league.

On another note, the lobs he will get from Lebron, Lonzo, Rondo, and Lance will be great. We have so many playmakers that will spoon feed him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

When's the last time the Lakers had a bona fide alley oop/vertical threat like him?
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
lewis wrote:
King Randle wrote:
lewis wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Did you see McGee's interview? He expects to start and play a lot and be in the best shape he's ever been. There's a reason the Lakers targeted him quickly. Not to play just 10 minutes. And like previously mentioned, aside from Embid the center position isn't as tough as it was. Most of the centers now are finesse. 7-10 minutes at center from Bron is nothing. The question is how does the opposing center match up against him?

There is difference between his expectation and realistic targets. Regarding Bron, he will not only have to bang inside, but be involved in a lot of pick and roll actions by defending the opposing center. Also, can he match on the glass or defend in the post guys like with A. Davis, Cousins, Capela, Jokic, Aldrige Towns or even Nurkic? These are likely the other centers that will be in the playoffs in the west
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 9 of 44
Jump to: