Lakers Ranking/Win Total Next Season (Vegas Sets Line @ 48.5; ESPN Predicts 41 Wins/Miss Playoffs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Many Wins/What Seed Do You See The Lakers Acheiving This Season?
A. 41 Wins or Less/Miss the Playoffs
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
B. 42-44 Wins/8th Seed
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
C. 45-49 Wins/6th to 7th Seed
16%
 16%  [ 37 ]
D. 50-55 Wins/3rd to 5th Seed
65%
 65%  [ 143 ]
E. 56 Wins or More/1st or 2nd Seed
16%
 16%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 220

GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

ducasse2 wrote:
Every year we see an optimistic thread stating the Lakers will surprise people and overachieve. I don't see it. As constructed they will probably win around 50 games and make the playoffs and lose in the first or second round depending on who the first round opponent is.

There’s one big difference between past years and this year.

A huge difference.

Franchise changing difference.

And he’s on our team now.

With him, all things are possible.

Javale McGee, he’s who I’m talking about. Mad dog McGee will take us to the promise land.

Wait, you didn’t think I was referring to someone else, did you?
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Bookmark this thread. People are underestimating how good Lebron. The Cavs were trash last season and he single-handedly beat the Celtics and lead them to the finals and he has a much better and deeper supporting cast on this team than he did with Cleveland. Some of the young players may make big leaps of progress as well.
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

As long as we're healthy and get a good 15th man (maybe a center to replace Lopez), I agree with the OP that this team will exceed expectations and do quite well.

Right now, we only have 3 players age 30 or older.

LeBron - 34 next year
Rondo - 32
McGee - 31

We're young, we're deep and we're hungry.

Can't wait.
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

I forgot Deng. He'll be 33 next year. Just wasn't thinking of him at all.

So that's 4 guys on our roster (of what looks like 14 now) who are 30 or older.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

I just wish we kept Randle, I really do. I still don’t understand the logic of letting him go, especially considering we’re short on talented bigs. He would have slid right in at PF or C, even if he’s undersized. The word was that he was unhappy, but I feel like the FO could have salvaged the relationship if they treated him like he was actually valued by the franchise. Just watch how well he and Anthony Davis play in the post together. We’re good with Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball....we’re great with Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, and Randle.

Anyways, time to look forward.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
Bookmark this thread. People are underestimating how good Lebron. The Cavs were trash last season and he single-handedly beat the Celtics and lead them to the finals and he has a much better and deeper supporting cast on this team than he did with Cleveland. Some of the young players may make big leaps of progress as well.

He single handedly beat a twenty year old missing his best two teammates...
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
secund2nun wrote:

He single handedly beat a twenty year old missing his best two teammates...

On the road against an undefeated home playoff team to be fair
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Well first off we're the Lakers. We're much bigger than lebron, so now that we have supposedly the "Greatest player on Earth" I expect a championship or he failed. I'm not letting this guy off the hook. He wanted the big lights and Hollywood and he got it. Win it all or getting him was a bust.
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

I think our depth is going to work out so well for us in the long run,this means LeBron not having to play a whole lot of minutes which will keep him fresh for the playoffs.The development of our young core is what really excites me because if they respond the way we hope they do there is no need for a Kawhi signing.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

There's no surprising people with Lebron on your team.
Johnny Cage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Most analysts I've seen predict us to be a 4-5 seed so anything above that is just gravy.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
There's no surprising people with Lebron on your team.

You are right. Tho I feel like we already had a target on our back last year due to Lonzo and the fact that we are the Lakers
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

57-25 2nd to GSW in the Pacific.

Get the 4th seed and take GSW to 6 games in the Semis
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Well first off we're the Lakers. We're much bigger than lebron, so now that we have supposedly the "Greatest player on Earth" I expect a championship or he failed. I'm not letting this guy off the hook. He wanted the big lights and Hollywood and he got it. Win it all or getting him was a bust.

I get that we are the Lakers, been a fan since I was 8 in 86, but we’ve had a horrible 5 years. Free agents are not breaking down the door to come sign with us. How many free agents has it been that looked the other way? I can count at least 5 without trying including Paul George this past week! Now the greatest player that has walked the planet (yes to me he’s better than Kobe) decides to throw us a bone and we’re not letting him off the hook until he wins a championship ? I for one am very greateful that each night I come home I will be entertained and my Lakers will be competitive.

Again, he could of went anywhere and they would kiss the ground he walks on. This were the Lakers arrogance should of died with the pathetic product that has missed the playoffs for half a decade. Last year withstanding it has been downright painful. The darkest years in Laker history. Made the early 90s Lakers seem like a thing of beauty.

Go Lakers! Championship or not it’s gonna be a blast!
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
kwase wrote:

I get that we are the Lakers, been a fan since I was 8 in 86, but we’ve had a horrible 5 years. Free agents are not breaking down the door to come sign with us. How many free agents has it been that looked the other way? I can count at least 5 without trying including Paul George this past week! Now the greatest player that has walked the planet (yes to me he’s better than Kobe) decides to throw us a bone and we’re not letting him off the hook until he wins a championship ? I for one am very greateful that each night I come home I will be entertained and my Lakers will be competitive.

Again, he could of went anywhere and they would kiss the ground he walks on. This were the Lakers arrogance should of died with the pathetic product that has missed the playoffs for half a decade. Last year withstanding it has been downright painful. The darkest years in Laker history. Made the early 90s Lakers seem like a thing of beauty.

Go Lakers! Championship or not it’s gonna be a blast!

I get what you're saying, but by definition, every team is going to miss out on more free agents than they actually sign lol
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Not really a surprising team. Lebron has a real supporting cast now. Warriors will coast in the regular season like last year and Rockets are gonna regress with less depth on their team now, CP3 older and Capela is still a mystery.

Lakers got a real shot at the number 1 seed this year.

I dont think we have a shot at number 1 maybe 2 3 or 4. You have to expect the playing off the ball will take some adjustment.
outkast100
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Yeah, y’all better go watch highlights of the rest of the team and not just lebron. We are deep with talent at every position.

Rondo will make sure our bench extends leads. And everyone should be fresh for the playoffs.

Lonzo
KCP
Ingram
Lebron
Wagner

Rondo
Hart
Stephenson
Kuzma
McGee

Get stops and run will be our identity.

Kuzma will probably get 6moy with all the pass first guys we have now

Agree 100% with your post and lineups.
I'm predicting 60-22 2nd or 3rd in west depending on injuries to us GS and Htown.
We will have tons of blowout games against teams like Sac etc where Bron will sit the entire 4th qr. Those will be like rest games.

Getting stops like the showtime lakers to start our break. Rondo/ ball/bron/lance all rebound and push the pace. Bron will have the most runouts for dunks in his entire career. Full court passes from ball. ohh wee!

both teams will have 3 shooters at all times and two defenders. Should be a problem trying to score on us this year.

Fu
outkast100
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Typo above
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I think the Lakers are going to be a playoff seed #6, 7 or 8. That's 45-50 wins. It's also an out in round one of the playoffs. A big step forward for the franchise, overall.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Here is a great "feel-good" review of next season's Lakers:

https://www.cbssports.com/live/bill-reiter-breaks-down-the-lakers-roster-for-this-upcoming-season/917044/
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

50 W's.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

I got the Lakers finishing as a 2nd or 3rd seed at 53-55 wins imo. The Lakers made a 9 game improvement last year finishing with 35 wins, and with the young players continuing to improve, that alone I don't see how that isn't another huge boost in the win column with improvements from Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, and Hart, along with the 2018 draft class if they make an impact in their rookie years as well. You go from Randle to LeBron, that should be close to another 10+ game improvement imo. The Cav's team Bron rejoined the season before won 33 games, and in his first season back the Cav's won 53 games in the 2014-15 season. This team is going to be really good with the young players getting that playoff experience with 2019 being the year when the Lakers are clear title favorites imo.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

55 wins sounds right, but if we get Kawhi or Lillard or another 2nd star then I will jump the number to 68
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Here is a great "feel-good" review of next season's Lakers:

https://www.cbssports.com/live/bill-reiter-breaks-down-the-lakers-roster-for-this-upcoming-season/917044/

This was a great analysis, I liked the part about how Javale and Rondo will fit into our defensive scheme's.
#DeathMetalMatters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

My official prediction: 61-21 & 2nd in the West.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 6 of 19
Jump to: