2018 LA Angels Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

#3000 for Pujols tonight. Just the 32nd player ever to do it. Of course, he has over 600 HR, and he has a great chance to reach 2000 RBI this season, too.

Oh, and Ohtani keeps hitting. He could turn out to be a franchise-altering player for the Angels. He could be what keeps Trout from ever leaving.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject:

This team is pretty good considering there are 3 automatic outs in the lineup.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Dude, Trout is on pace for a 13.8 WAR if he maintains these numbers (obviously not likely). We're seriously witnessing the potential GOAT just entering his prime.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
#3000 for Pujols tonight. Just the 32nd player ever to do it. Of course, he has over 600 HR, and he has a great chance to reach 2000 RBI this season, too.

Oh, and Ohtani keeps hitting. He could turn out to be a franchise-altering player for the Angels. He could be what keeps Trout from ever leaving.

Tim Kurchin has Pujols as the second best 1B ever behind Gehrig. I am too biased to discuss that, I wonder what others think. Agree with Ohtani, he and Trout might become unjuiced bash brothers. He almost put one out of the Rockie’s stadium in batting practice today.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Tim Kurchin has Pujols as the second best 1B ever behind Gehrig. I am too biased to discuss that, I wonder what others think. Agree with Ohtani, he and Trout might become unjuiced bash brothers. He almost put one out of the Rockie’s stadium in batting practice today.

Ohtani is crazy strong. In the Seattle series, he had an at-bat where there was a pitch low and away, he just flicked his bat at it while reaching for it, and it went the other way over the left fielder's head and hit the warning track on the fly.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Pujols.

I hope Ohtani gets into the HR derby. Boy wouldn't that be something special to watch?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Pujols.

I hope Ohtani gets into the HR derby. Boy wouldn't that be something special to watch?

Given that the Angels refuse to let Ohtani hit the day before and after games he starts, I'm not sure they would want him to do the Derby, though they probably wouldn't stand in his way, if I had to guess.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Pujols.

Given that the Angels refuse to let Ohtani hit the day before and after games he starts, I'm not sure they would want him to do the Derby, though they probably wouldn't stand in his way, if I had to guess.

If these ass-backwards MLB curmudgeons are adverse to ratings, they wouldn't even think about it. With that said...they probably won't think about it.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Angels are opting for a 1-2 punch of Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani for Tuesday's game against the Astros, pitting their best two hitters back-to-back in the starting lineup for the first time this season.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

This team is much better on the road this year. Night and day. Wonder what's up?

Also how big was Upton? Having him behind Trout changes this team because with Pujols protecting Trout it was a blood bath.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-shohei-ohtani-likely-tommy-125923191.html
Possible bad news for the Angels.
Lucky for those guys that got to see him.....for those who haven't they'll have to potentially wait until 2020...
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Let's just enjoy 2.5 more years of Mike Trout while it lasts.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

What’s frustrating is I feel like the team keeps wasting his effort. I wish Trout was on the teams from a decade earlier when the pitching was great and the offense needed a guy like him when Vladimir Guerrero was struggling in the playoffs.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Man...Trout. It's a shame he's on the Angels. He's having the greatest season in league history and isn't even leading the AL in all star voting. It's unreal how good he is.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Man...Trout. It's a shame he's on the Angels. He's having the greatest season in league history and isn't even leading the AL in all star voting. It's unreal how good he is.

He's the greatest player I've ever seen, if you take out the roided-up version of Barry Bonds. And even then, Trout is on pace for a higher WAR season this season than Bonds ever had.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

He's the greatest player I've ever seen, if you take out the roided-up version of Barry Bonds. And even then, Trout is on pace for a higher WAR season this season than Bonds ever had.

He's in near the top or at the top of nearly every GD hitting category. Combine that with his base running and playing an above average CF...not even close. Crying shame brother...he's a MULTI-generational player.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Trying to find the small moments of joy in this injury riddled season. The bullpen alone has cost them at least 10 wins.
Lakersmafia
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject:

Fire Scioscia
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

Lakersmafia wrote:
Fire Scioscia
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:

I'll have to admit, it's hilarious that we're winning games with all these injuries. It just shows you how good we can really be if we didn't have Scioscia and the worst bullpen in all of baseball.

I'll take any win over the Dodgers though, even if we won't sniff the playoffs.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24287880/mike-scioscia-los-angeles-angels-manager-expected-step-end-season
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

It’s time.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
It’s time.

Yeah it really is. I wonder if they will opt for an in-house candidate like Dino Ebel, or if they want something completely different and to get rid of not only Scioscia, but also his coaching staff.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: