Official LANCE STEPHENSON Thread (Cried after being Eliminated from Playoffs - pg.57)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Can Lance Stephenson be our enforcer?

AFireInside619 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
The enforcer's duties would include:

-Roughing up opposing players/being very physical while throwing the occasional groin shot

-Retaliating on behalf of others players who can't afford to be kicked out(i.e Lebron)

-Get under the opponent's skin

-Willing to take charges and or flopping on behalf of the team

-Undercutting shooters on jumpshots(ala Bruce Bowen)

I can seem him, McGee and maybe Rondo forming their very own goon squad.

BTW what this guy's defense like? I don't know much about him other then he seems to play Lebron with a lot of enegry defensively.

There are no enforcers on this team and rarely any in the league. It’s a different NBA. We do have a lot of pit bulls though, and I love it.

The stuff that Beverly and Murray pulled last year shows why it's important to have an enforcer, though. I loved the way Randle responded to Murray when he tried to show up Lonzo. I remember being so frustrated that no one put Beverly in his place in the season opener. I'm guessing that's why Luke eventually gave Randle the designated role of enforcer. Not to derail this into a Randle discussion, but man...people really won't realize the numerous ways we’re going to miss him until they actually see it.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Can Lance Stephenson be our enforcer?

george w kush wrote:

-Roughing up opposing players/being very physical while throwing the occasional groin shot

-Retaliating on behalf of others players who can't afford to be kicked out(i.e Lebron)

BTW what this guy's defense like? I don't know much about him other then he seems to play Lebron with a lot of enegry defensively.

do you have to apply for the job of goon?
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Can Lance Stephenson be our enforcer?

Judah wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
george w kush wrote:

There are no enforcers on this team and rarely any in the league. It’s a different NBA. We do have a lot of pit bulls though, and I love it.

The stuff that Beverly and Murray pulled last year shows why it's important to have an enforcer, though. I loved the way Randle responded to Murray when he tried to show up Lonzo. I remember being so frustrated that no one put Beverly in his place in the season opener. I'm guessing that's why Luke eventually gave Randle the designated role of enforcer. Not to derail this into a Randle discussion, but man...people really won't realize the numerous ways we’re going to miss him until they actually see it.

Rondo maybe doesn't have the body, but I believe he has the mentality...
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Can Lance Stephenson be our enforcer?

VicXLakers wrote:
george w kush wrote:

do you have to apply for the job of goon?

no your earn it by clotheslining paul george.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Can Lance Stephenson be our enforcer?

george w kush wrote:

-Throwing women down a flight of stairs and then slamming their heads on the floor while they're prone, dazed, writhing in pain, desperate to escape, but physically incapable of doing so.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Shame he can't sign till we use up our cap.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Can Lance Stephenson be our enforcer?

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
george w kush wrote:

-Throwing women down a flight of stairs and then slamming their heads on the floor while they're prone, dazed, writhing in pain, desperate to escape, but physically incapable of doing so.

Although this is a legitimate topic for discussion, it is not a topic for extended discussion in the Lounge where basketball is the primary topic. If you would like to discuss this in depth, you are free to start a thread in the Off Topic Forum. Spamming the same thread or multiple threads with the same post over and over is considered trolling/spamming. It's one thing to refer to it once or twice, it's a whole other thing if you're are going to be venting about this in every post for an entire season. That's not going to fly here. Thanks.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
OFFICIAL: Lakers Sign Lance Stephenson

🔗: https://on.nba.com/2u5eV1R

Welcome, @StephensonLance!

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1016755338916212737
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

Soooo... this means we're out of cap space so a straight up one player for Kawhi won't work anymore?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Soooo... this means we're out of cap space so a straight up one player for Kawhi won't work anymore?

Nope, now it would have to be something like Bi, Zu, and stretched Deng
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

Far more than any other signing (Pope, Rondo, and McGee), the Stephenson signing is the grand symbol for many people’s angst toward the front office.

I’m not one of them however. Do I want Stephenson to play every single game? Nope.

But I understand that they wanted a veteran “dawg” who could make guys a little uncomfortable in practice and they paid a mere four million dollars to get him.

He’s Metta World Peace 2.0 (the old version). He’ll be sporadically used to change flow and spark the crowd and team.

I will only join the curmudgeons on this board if Stephenson is “given” minutes over Hart and Mykhailiuk.

Considering how this team needs shooting, we would all have a right to be upset if that happened.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

ugh still strongly dislike this signing
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
ugh still strongly dislike this signing

Same. I still don't get the point of it.

I guess we keep him from signing with the Rockets? They need help on the wing right now.

Eh, i don't get it but oh well. Welcome Lance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

he’s flashy, he’s showtime. He’s getting minutes for sure.
storm1324
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

With Lance you get 2 Lance's.

Good Lance fires up the crowd, makes flashy plays and gets under the skin of opponents.

Bad Lance: forces shots (repetitively), throws wild passers to Jack in seat 24 row 15. Makes bonehead fouls, gets lost on defense.

Good Lance helps you win games. Bad Lance becomes best player for the other team

So know going in never know what you'll get from Lance, but you'll know early either to ride the good Lance or quickly get Bad Lance to the bench.

He will either loved or hated by Lakers fan there is very little middle ground.

Off the court I've chatted with Lance several times a Cool as Hell Guy, down to earth. In that way is a lot like Ron Artest
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

It's official. Congrats.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

Born Ready to Bron Ready
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Can Lance Stephenson be our enforcer?

ChefLinda wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
george w kush wrote:

Although this is a legitimate topic for discussion, it is not a topic for extended discussion in the Lounge where basketball is the primary topic. If you would like to discuss this in depth, you are free to start a thread in the Off Topic Forum. Spamming the same thread or multiple threads with the same post over and over is considered trolling/spamming. It's one thing to refer to it once or twice, it's a whole other thing if you're are going to be venting about this in every post for an entire season. That's not going to fly here. Thanks.

Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

Energy off the bench.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

Lance on LeBron: “I was surprised he made the move to L.A. … I feel like him reaching out and saying he likes what I bring to the game is amazing. I can’t wait to get on the floor with him … I’m very excited to see what that brings ... I think we’re going to have a fun season."

Lance on LeBron.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Lance on LeBron:

Quote:
“I was surprised he made the move to L.A. … I feel like him reaching out and saying he likes what I bring to the game is amazing. I can’t wait to get on the floor with him … I’m very excited to see what that brings ... I think we’re going to have a fun season."

So he did reach out. hmm.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

First it was reported that he reached out to LeBron through his agent to make sure he was cool with them being teammates. Then it was reported that LeBron was the one who reached out to him. Which version is true?
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

I like hearing that he intends to focus on his shooting and fitness this offseason.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Wearing #6 ey?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Lance on LeBron:

Quote:
“I was surprised he made the move to L.A. … I feel like him reaching out and saying he likes what I bring to the game is amazing. I can’t wait to get on the floor with him … I’m very excited to see what that brings ... I think we’re going to have a fun season."

So he did reach out. hmm.

That was widely reported but some people just resisted acknowledging this. Bron wanted him....and IMO he's going to surprise a lot of us how effective and tough he can be. Having said that I don't see him playing more than 17-24 minutes a game...tops.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 22 of 57
Jump to: