A Pledge For Civility On This Board
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: A Pledge For Civility On This Board

I've been coming to this board a long time, and the conduct I'm seeing since the signing of Lebron has made me wonder if it's still worth coming here because it is becoming so unpleasant.

We have people opening accounts and immediately calling someone a "loser" and order them to leave forever. We have seen posters whose only purpose is to try to upset other people rather than discuss ideas.

For myself, I can only pledge that I will only discuss ideas, and will not attack any poster personally nor will I use abusive language like "hater" or "loser" -- and I won't interact with any posters who do any of these things.

I think the only way to clean up this board is to resist the temptation of interacting with the people who want to roll around in the sewer.

It's going to be an exciting season. This forum should reflect the great traditions of the Lakers, and not be an embarrassment to those traditions.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

It has been going on before Lebron. Since Dlo draft and then when Jeanie fired Jim and Mitch and hired Magic.

I agree though, it is going to be a very fun season, and we shouldn't have much to complain about after the non playoff stretch we are having
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

I pledge allegiance to Lakernation. I accept and cherish our disagreements. I accept and cherish the perspectives of all. And most of all I accept and cherish the promise of dancing in purp and gold confetti when we surpass Boston in total banners hung from Staples. Be you Lakernation. I’ll be here with a fresh bowl when you need it, family.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
I pledge allegiance to Lakernation. I accept and cherish our disagreements. I accept and cherish the perspectives of all. And most of all I accept and cherish the promise of dancing in purp and gold confetti when we surpass Boston in total banners hung from Staples. Be you Lakernation. I’ll be here with a fresh bowl when you need it, family.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
It has been going on before Lebron. Since Dlo draft and then when Jeanie fired Jim and Mitch and hired Magic.

I agree though, it is going to be a very fun season, and we shouldn't have much to complain about after the non playoff stretch we are having

Lol, those are fake battles compared to some from earlier years. But yeah, it would be nice to enjoy the upswing together.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

Lol, those are fake battles compared to some from earlier years. But yeah, it would be nice to enjoy the upswing together.

LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

I think it's actually been better compared to earlier years, even during the title years, with certain posters who were a lot worse than some of these drive-by posters that are popping up. Glad to see certain previous long-time posters no longer around.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all.

lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Yay! Readable threads again!!

Count me in.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

I was here when we started this lineup:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8kXFj5CcAAg5CR.jpg

I was here when we didn't have enough active players and Chris Kaman laid on the bench:
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/chris-kaman-bench.jpg

I was here for 27 wins, then 21, then 17.

I was here when Ronnie Price was the head of the snake.

I was here when Kobe blew his achilles.

And a lot of people was here with me. Always friendly, always polite, even though our team sucked badly.

Stay classy, fam. We just signed the best basketball player in the world. We're going back to the playoffs. Let's enjoy the ride. We deserved it.
GO LAKERS!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Good reminder Activeverb. Easy to forget sometimes that we're all on the same side. Doesn't mean we always have to agree, disagreements can actually be very good, but only as long as there's mutual respect.

Welp... except for trolls from other teams' fan bases who come here to insult the Lakers or Laker family. They're good entertainment as they burn in flames before getting ejected into the pit of eternal banishment.
dr. buss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

LG needs a moratorium like the NBA free agency period. 🤣 New members should have to wait 30 days before they can post comments. I recall having something like that previously.

Chick Hearn Wazzup
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Why would you not come here?
Great Mods, decent posters, and a mostly Lakers fans.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

I suggest we get back to using the report feature if you believe somebody is violating the rules. The mods can only do so much. This worked before and the mods were grateful that we were using it.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

If we’re being civil there are some Sigs that should probably be addressed.

I plead the 5th until the season actually starts.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

In light of a call for civility, would anyone be interested in a letter writing campaign boycotting the signing of domestic abuser Lance Stephenson?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: A Pledge For Civility On This Board

activeverb wrote:
I think the only way to clean up this board is to resist the temptation of interacting with the people who want to roll around in the sewer.

The problem, of course, is that there are people like that on both sides of any issue. A couple days ago, I realized that I was unconsciously filtering all of those people. I'd just scroll right past the whole scrum.

But yes, it would be nice if more people would just avoid jumping into the scrum.
Lakers 5th Dynasty
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Amen to this. I actually joined this board in 2002 under a different username, but some strange technical glitch kept me from logging in anymore, so I just "lurked" for years.

As mentioned earlier, even during the championship years there was a lot of negativity.

Sign of the times maybe? Where people can't look at things differently, so one side has to be right and the other wrong, one side good and the other side evil.

I like to come in here and celebrate when good things happen. The different takes are what keep things interesting, but we should all be fans of the name in front of the jersey and when a move happens we may not have preferred, root for the best.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
In light of a call for civility, would anyone be interested in a letter writing campaign boycotting the signing of domestic abuser Lance Stephenson?

No. But why don't you get your posse together and form a picket line at the great western forum.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

No. But why don't you get your posse together and form a picket line at the great western forum.

It's good to make light of slamming women's heads on stairs, epak. A really good look for you. You should change your your sig to mock survivors of domestic abuse.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

I would love it if some level of civility was attained and maintained.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

All this true laker fan crap is polluting the lounge
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

It's good to make light of slamming women's heads on stairs, epak. A really good look for you. You should change your your sig to mock survivors of domestic abuse.

The case was dismissed. Are you going based off something other than the court system?
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

We've ALL suffered enough through the crappy years. Some here have suffered through multiple droughts going all the way back to the Logo years. Some only remember as far back as the last playoff game. There is wisdom in the lean years. There is an appreciation for the bad times regardless of how far back you can recall what a losing campaign feels like.

What binds us all together is that we all bleed purple and gold. In the end we all want the same thing.

Learn to appreciate the miles walked in each others shoes and we will all be better for it.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
epak wrote:

The case was dismissed. Are you going based off something other than the court system?

I guess Lance's girlfriend was just making up being thrown down stairs. All good.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: