OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2529, 2530, 2531 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Randle is gone because of his egotistical agent Aaron Mintz. Ask Emplay. It’s also the reason why PG spurned is as well

Ya I agree. I have a funny feeling that PG would be a Laker right now if he had a different agent.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Car54 wrote:
az82187 wrote:
How about Montrezl Harrell? Clippers are fast approaching the hard cap with the signing of Luc Mbah a Moute. Can we get far enough under the cap to sign him to a 1+1 (team option), with a first year salary sufficiently high enough to preclude the Clips from matching? Is he worth the effort?

He’s Randle lite I’ll take him

Haven't seen him play much at all. Thought I read he had center skills with PF size. Does he handle the ball like Randle and can he effectively switch on the perimeter?

No and no, he is more like McGee. I would compare him to Nance, I preferred we draft Harrell over Nance at the time.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
32 wrote:
Jesse Buss on Instagram.

Quote:
About a year and a half ago @jeaniebuss, Joey, and I had dinner with @magicjohnson before he took the job to become President of B-ball ops. We spent a couple of hours talking basketball and really trying to figure out how we could get the @lakers back to a winning organization. Magic made a promise then that he would be able to get us back to our winning tradition just like my Dad had always done in the past. Over this past week that promise has materialized and I could’ve never imagined it happening in this fashion. I’m beyond grateful to be a part of something that is this special. WOW! This is an unbelievable moment in Lakers history. Welcome @kingjames. Truly a transcendent player and it’ll be amazing being able to watch you in the Purple & Gold every night. Let’s go!!!!! #lakers

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlB_HFhhr0b/?hl=en&taken-by=jessebusslal

Agreed. Amazing job by our new FO so far. If next year we could sign another superstar player and trade Deng, we would have shed both horrendous contracts while picking up very quality players in the process in just 3 short years. The DLo/Moz trade was almost like the KG/Pierce/Allen trade that Boston did. It was something that reshaped the Lakers and would benefit the team for years to come.

Man i love this team.

Jeanie Buss is a freaking legend. I love Pelinka. And Magic is doing a good job too.

And I love that Jesse Buss is crushing scouting for us.

Yea, Jeanie and Jesse are the brains of the family. One reason I don't like to give up too many first round picks is because of Jesse Buss. There's always a chance he could get us a gem even late in the round.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We could have signed Randle for the same deal that NO did but decided to punt to next season. Enjoy this make shift team, it won’t be around past this season.

Don’t let the door hit you on your way. Also you can change your name to VenturaPelicansFan

I get it, venturalakersfan, you loved Randle. Problem is, he didn't want to be here and his agent is a prick. How can you make things work under these conditions. In my opinion, Randle was ok. Certainly a work in progress. Still a bull in a china shop type of player. I found myself complaining about his play to my family, especially my boys, more than complimenting his game. So, sorry folks, he didn't move the needle for me.

Good luck in your future, Randle.....but, please people, he wasn't all that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

Cow wrote:
az82187 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
az82187 wrote:
How about Montrezl Harrell? Clippers are fast approaching the hard cap with the signing of Luc Mbah a Moute. Can we get far enough under the cap to sign him to a 1+1 (team option), with a first year salary sufficiently high enough to preclude the Clips from matching? Is he worth the effort?

He’s Randle lite I’ll take him

Clippers are $8.8mm under the tax. A $10mm+ first year salary is probably required in order to thwart the Clippers from matching. How can we get another $5mm or so more under the cap? Is stretching Deng now rather than next season worth the chance of signing Harrell?

We'll only stretch Deng if we can get a star in return (IMO). Otherwise, just keep him for a year and suddenly he's an expiring asset next year.

Honestly, the FO has put us in a great position with Deng. (considering where we started...)

There will be more expiring contracts next offseason than there will be takers.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

For the first time in five to six years will be able to watch a Lakers game without being blasted by the Clippers. That took its toil.
Amazing what competent management can do.
And since Jessie took over recruiting have made wiser decisions. Especially Kuzma and Hart at the end of the first round.

Quote:

32 wrote:
Jesse Buss on Instagram.

Quote:
About a year and a half ago @jeaniebuss, Joey, and I had dinner with @magicjohnson before he took the job to become President of B-ball ops. We spent a couple of hours talking basketball and really trying to figure out how we could get the @lakers back to a winning organization. Magic made a promise then that he would be able to get us back to our winning tradition just like my Dad had always done in the past. Over this past week that promise has materialized and I could’ve never imagined it happening in this fashion. I’m beyond grateful to be a part of something that is this special. WOW! This is an unbelievable moment in Lakers history. Welcome @kingjames. Truly a transcendent player and it’ll be amazing being able to watch you in the Purple & Gold every night. Let’s go!!!!! #lakers

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlB_HFhhr0b/?hl=en&taken-by=jessebusslal
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

^This season the lakers will payback some of those clipper blowouts over the past few years. We will see how much the clippers talk this season after the lakers blow them out by 20+ in a couple of games.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
^This season the lakers will payback some of those clipper blowouts over the past few years. We will see how much the clippers talk this season after the lakers blow them out by 20+ in a couple of games.

we got bigger fish to frye
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

dreamshake. why don’t you just become a Lakers fan. Robert Horry did it. You can too.

The funny thing is since I've been here I've probably been a bigger fan of LeBron than 70% of this board.

You have over 12k post on here, you should just be a Laker fan.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

we got bigger fish to frye

Yup, just beat downs along the way
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Randle is gone because of his egotistical agent Aaron Mintz. Ask Emplay. It’s also the reason why PG spurned is as well

Randle didnt fit this team anyways. Best of luck to him, lets move on.

He's gonna be the DLo of this year in terms of "oh we lost him for nothing" conversation. Until the season stars that is and the team shows out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We could have signed Randle for the same deal that NO did but decided to punt to next season. Enjoy this make shift team, it won’t be around past this season.

says the Master Baiter.

Says anyone who has a clue. Once we begin signing the players we have committed to we will be locking ourselves into this season. With the one year contracts we can have cap space next offseason. Pretty simple to see

So you'll just ignore the fact that Jules wanted the Lakers not to match any offers he got from NO thereby asking the Lakers to essentially release him.

I’m not ignoring that the Lakers wouldn’t give him a second year option.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

says the Master Baiter.

Says anyone who has a clue. Once we begin signing the players we have committed to we will be locking ourselves into this season. With the one year contracts we can have cap space next offseason. Pretty simple to see

So you'll just ignore the fact that Jules wanted the Lakers not to match any offers he got from NO thereby asking the Lakers to essentially release him.

I’m not ignoring that the Lakers wouldn’t give him a second year option.

Randle also didn't like the way they were going to use him. Bron is the 4 and Kuz getting all the other minutes there. Randle could've been the starting center I suppose but they wanted a rim protector as well. Randle initiated to be renounced. I wasn't happy about it...hence my user name...but if they guy didn't like the direction of the team more power to him for wanting to move on.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

rancar wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wait a minutes...you're giving up on the Lakers because they didn't resign Julius Randle? Come on man...

I’m giving up on the idea that other moves will be made. This is likely our team for the season. Randle will be fine, he went to a top 3-4 West team and can get paid next offseason. We need to forget about him and think about what Stephenson, Rondo and McGee can give us.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Don’t let the door hit you on your way. Also you can change your name to VenturaPelicansFan

Ya told him this 10 times yet he is here trolling and complaining about every Damm move.

I mean I never seen somebody complain so much about the team they love/follow

You guys really fail at reading if you think that is complaining. No wonder you get things wrong all the time, you can’t see when someone is trying to provide an explanation of things.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
rancar wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wait a minutes...you're giving up on the Lakers because they didn't resign Julius Randle? Come on man...

I’m giving up on the idea that other moves will be made. This is likely our team for the season. Randle will be fine, he went to a top 3-4 West team and can get paid next offseason. We need to forget about him and think about what Stephenson, Rondo and McGee can give us.

If he does well than NO is not where he will stay as they are capped out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
VLF, you must be elated that Randle is now on the Pelicans and you that can continue rooting for him.

Didn’t you say though that the Pelicans were a lock to sign Boogie back again?

I guess you missed the news that Cousins tore his Achilles.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

It is what it is. The Lakers did what was best for the Lakers and Randle did what was best for Randle, everyone wins.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

Loosing Randle feels like a strike out looking. It didn't even seem like we took a swing. They obviously have other plans, however it would have been nice for fans to see Bron and his 'body type' equivalent defend together and get out and run on the break for some highlights.

I hear ya def...but it feels like we lost by letting Randle walk.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Looks like we were done with our FA signings last Monday. All of the FA's worth close to the 5 mill we left are gone with Brook and Mbah. And we only have one roster spot left. I think we hold out for a trade or a player to be waived. Worse case scenario we roll Lance's contract into the cap space and preserve the room exception. We should be able to outbid playoff teams for waived players at the TD. We definitely don't have our optimal lineup for this year currently. We could use some help during the trade deadline and buyout period.

Last edited by chantruong on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

if this is our roster going into he season.....our Vegas odds will drop......they spiked as a hedge if we made another move.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
if this is our roster going into he season.....our Vegas odds will drop......they spiked as a hedge if we made another move.

Don't care what Vegas thinks. I believe both Ingram and Kuz will have break out years like Tatum and Brown for the C's. Everyone is talking about how special those players are...same will be said about Ingram and Kuz. The talk of "who's going to play with LeBron?" is going to sound foolish.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Don't care what Vegas thinks. I believe both Ingram and Kuz will have break out years like Tatum and Brown for the C's. Everyone is talking about how special those players are...same will be said about Ingram and Kuz. The talk of "who's going to play with LeBron?" is going to sound foolish.

Don't forget about Hart
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

We don't have our optimal roster currently. Anything can happen, a trade, our guys become stars, etc. We just have to suck it up and ignore all the haters.
az82187
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

How about Deng and Zu for Whiteside? Deng had his last good year in Miami and Whiteside is probably worth the $7mm difference between his and Deng's salary for this year (plus the cost of losing Zu). Also, Whiteside will probably be a more sought after contract next summer than Deng. He will still cost a bit more but at least he can be a productive role player, but Deng not so much.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2529, 2530, 2531 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2530 of 2680
Jump to: