OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1101, 1102, 1103 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Hope Lonzo and his LaVar finally show some respect for Lebron.
This guy has been in 9 finals and won 4.

Until Lonzo does ANYTHING in the NBA he should put his head down and work. Develop a shot.

Have more faith in Rondo now for he also has won a ring.

What has Lonzo ever won?

Kiddie school ?
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

Until Lonzo does ANYTHING in the NBA he should put his head down and work. Develop a shot.

What has Lonzo ever won?

Kiddie school ?

By that logic the Suns should have more faith in Tyson Chandler than Ayton.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

No just show a little respect until you win yours.

Then make noise.

But Im having a pitcher of cold beer.

Have yours.

Just trying to motivate Lonzo.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
No just show a little respect until you win yours.

Then make noise.

But Im having a pitcher of cold beer.

Have yours.

Just trying to motivate Lonzo.

I'm sure that you can't motivate Lonzo by posting on LG.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

What has Lonzo ever won?

Kiddie school ?

...but he only has 3 rings
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

I hope Rondo teaches him how to dribble and actually be crafty with the ball.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

What has Lonzo ever won?

Kiddie school ?

Since when has Lonzo shown no respect to LeBron? LaVar, okay. Lonzo? How about never. He's been vocal in calling him his basketball idol from day 1 and was one of the first players welcome LeBron to LA via twitter. Talk about sins of the father...you're projecting an awful lot on Lonzo because of your own personal biases.

And LOL at what has Lonzo ever won. You're talking about someone 2 years removed from High School. He didn't win the National title at UCLA but he took a sub-500 team to 30 wins in one season. Chino Hills went undefeated was named National Champions after winning a few national invitational tournaments with top teams from around the country. Not everyone is Magic Johnson who in 4 years wins a State, National and NBA title. He might be the only player ever to have done that.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Ingram couldn't shoot as a rookie either and he didn't do everything else as well as Lonzo does.

Ingram shot 40%/29%/62% on 2/3/FT and has a much nicer looking shot.
Lonzo shot 36%/30.5%/45% and has a much worse looking shot.

Ingram spent the summer working on changing his shooting mechanics and saw a nice improvement in his numbers. Lonzo has said he is not willing to do the same work Ingram did. Lets see how it pans out for him.

This is completely untrue. Lonzo said that he would do what the FO wants him to do and it was Magic and Pelinka who said that they didn't want him to change his shot.

Fair enough. The FO didn’t tell Ingram to change his shot, he was just wise enough to do it anyways. In either case I wouldn’t expect him to make an Ingram level improvement when he is not going to put in Ingram level work.

Yes they did. They specifically had a coach work with him at the Lakers facility last offseason.

They were the ones who told him to change it, or he was the one who said that’s what he wanted to do it so they found him a guy? I missed that story if FO was the one who initiated that change. Perplexing that they would want Ingram to change his and not want Lonzo to do the same. Just wow if true. Lonzo really gets special treatment.

Magic was asked about changing Lonzo’s shot: “We’re not going to change Lonzo’s shot. We’re going to make sure (he puts) more time in to be more consistent with it.” (and with his free throws as well). When he was missing he was off balance or rushing it. Or when he caught it and felt like he had to get it up fast. But the other times, when he was consistent on his balance, when he didn’t rush, it either was straight and had a chance to go in or it went in.”

There's no special treatment going on. The team just has a different take on Lonzo's shot than you do.

Yeah, that pretty much describes most rookies as they adjust to the incredible speed of the NBA. This year the shooting should improve.

I wish LG was around during Magic's rookie year. After winning game 6 of the finals all by himself there would be people here (bleep) about his broken a$$ set push shot.

Word. I was there as a kid watching that push shot. I remember Wilkes' jumper as well.
ZoTimeLakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

What has Lonzo ever won?

Kiddie school ?

You can question Lonzo's shot, you can question whether he'll become a bonafide superstar in the league but question his ability to win just doesn't make sense.

In HS, they were one of the most dominant teams in the country and won a state title and had Chino Hills ranked #1 in the country.

In college, he took UCLA to 31 wins and conference runner up, just a season after they were a .500 team.

In the pros, he starts off by winning the LVSL and was the MVP of the league. I know everyone expected him to win the NBA Finals as a rookie like Magic, but that's just not realistic with the state of the team he was joining. Even then, he joins a 26 win team and wins 35 despite facing heavy injury issues across the board.

If anything, I feel pretty safe in saying that Lonzo is a winner.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
laker50 wrote:

What has Lonzo ever won?

Kiddie school ?

...but he only has 3 rings

Correct, he only has 3 rings. Speaking of which, Kobe should come out of retirement this season on next to get number six and stay ahead of the Lebron competition!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Ingram couldn't shoot as a rookie either and he didn't do everything else as well as Lonzo does.

Ingram shot 40%/29%/62% on 2/3/FT and has a much nicer looking shot.
Lonzo shot 36%/30.5%/45% and has a much worse looking shot.

Ingram spent the summer working on changing his shooting mechanics and saw a nice improvement in his numbers. Lonzo has said he is not willing to do the same work Ingram did. Lets see how it pans out for him.

This is completely untrue. Lonzo said that he would do what the FO wants him to do and it was Magic and Pelinka who said that they didn't want him to change his shot.

Fair enough. The FO didn’t tell Ingram to change his shot, he was just wise enough to do it anyways. In either case I wouldn’t expect him to make an Ingram level improvement when he is not going to put in Ingram level work.

Yes they did. They specifically had a coach work with him at the Lakers facility last offseason.

They were the ones who told him to change it, or he was the one who said that’s what he wanted to do it so they found him a guy? I missed that story if FO was the one who initiated that change. Perplexing that they would want Ingram to change his and not want Lonzo to do the same. Just wow if true. Lonzo really gets special treatment.

Magic was asked about changing Lonzo’s shot: “We’re not going to change Lonzo’s shot. We’re going to make sure (he puts) more time in to be more consistent with it.” (and with his free throws as well). When he was missing he was off balance or rushing it. Or when he caught it and felt like he had to get it up fast. But the other times, when he was consistent on his balance, when he didn’t rush, it either was straight and had a chance to go in or it went in.”

There's no special treatment going on. The team just has a different take on Lonzo's shot than you do.

Yeah, that pretty much describes most rookies as they adjust to the incredible speed of the NBA. This year the shooting should improve.

I wish LG was around during Magic's rookie year. After winning game 6 of the finals all by himself there would be people here (bleep) about his broken a$$ set push shot.

Magic pass to much
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

What has Lonzo ever won?

Kiddie school ?
rondo has one ring, one ring playing alongside hall of famers.

this will be the first time zo gets to play with one hall of famer while a team in gsw has 5 allstars on the team even if one is hurt right now.

rondo didnt have to deal with that at all, and he still only won once with prime paul pierce, ray allen, KG, and sheed. give zo that many talented players and he would most likely win it all too.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

ZoTimeLakers wrote:
laker50 wrote:

What has Lonzo ever won?

Kiddie school ?

You can question Lonzo's shot, you can question whether he'll become a bonafide superstar in the league but question his ability to win just doesn't make sense.

In HS, they were one of the most dominant teams in the country and won a state title and had Chino Hills ranked #1 in the country.

In college, he took UCLA to 31 wins and conference runner up, just a season after they were a .500 team.

In the pros, he starts off by winning the LVSL and was the MVP of the league. I know everyone expected him to win the NBA Finals as a rookie like Magic, but that's just not realistic with the state of the team he was joining. Even then, he joins a 26 win team and wins 35 despite facing heavy injury issues across the board.

If anything, I feel pretty safe in saying that Lonzo is a winner.
my point exactly.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
laker50 wrote:

What has Lonzo ever won?

Kiddie school ?
rondo has one ring, one ring playing alongside hall of famers.

this will be the first time zo gets to play with one hall of famer while a team in gsw has 5 allstars on the team even if one is hurt right now.

rondo didnt have to deal with that at all, and he still only won once with prime paul pierce, ray allen, KG, and sheed. give zo that many talented players and he would most likely win it all too.

Allen and Garnett were late in their prime.....definitely on the downside of their career when they arrived in Boston.....and Sheed was 35 when he got to Boston...he retired after that one season.
ItsJustMagic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

I have been lurking on LG for several years and finally decided to officially join.

It's hard for me to understand all the hatred for Lonzo. I know that his dad can be frustrating at times but Lonzo has done nothing wrong.

When he is on the court, it's easy to see that he makes a difference. When his shooting comes around, watch out. If he only reaches NBA averages for shooting, he will be a star.

If he doesn't show any improvement after 2 or 3 years, I can understand people complaining. It sure seems like people are way too quick to judge him.

As far as injuries go, it's also too early to tell. Imagine if the Sixers had given up on Joel Embiid so early. Let's be patient.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

ItsJustMagic wrote:
I have been lurking on LG for several years and finally decided to officially join.

It's hard for me to understand all the hatred for Lonzo. I know that his dad can be frustrating at times but Lonzo has done nothing wrong.

When he is on the court, it's easy to see that he makes a difference. When his shooting comes around, watch out. If he only reaches NBA averages for shooting, he will be a star.

If he doesn't show any improvement after 2 or 3 years, I can understand people complaining. It sure seems like people are way too quick to judge him.

As far as injuries go, it's also too early to tell. Imagine if the Sixers had given up on Joel Embiid so early. Let's be patient.

Welcome to LG.

Well if you've been here for years you know this is par for the course for LG. We hate all our players eventually, but we also love them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
ItsJustMagic wrote:

Welcome to LG.

Well if you've been here for years you know this is par for the course for LG. We hate all our players eventually, but we also love them.

I hate the kid because his father is a humongous jerk. Also I need to grow the (bleep) up.

ItsJustMagic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
ItsJustMagic wrote:

Welcome to LG.

Thank You - I guess you are right about that. I prefer to love them until they earn the hatred.
ItsJustMagic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
pokoy wrote:
ItsJustMagic wrote:

Welcome to LG.

I hate the kid because his father is a humongous jerk. Also I need to grow the (bleep) up.

Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

You guys hate on Lavar but I think he usually just says what Lonzo wants him to say...especially when it's about the team. Their father/son relationship is interesting and I don't hate it lol...I find it entertaining.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
You guys hate on Lavar but I think he usually just says what Lonzo wants him to say...especially when it's about the team. Their father/son relationship is interesting and I don't hate it lol...I find it entertaining.

I don't think so. Lavar said Lonzo and Kuz weren't tight. A few days ago Lonzo had a pick on IG of him and Kuz at the SPL game in Vegas with a caption that read Lotta ties Lotta ties. seems they are really tight.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

ItsJustMagic wrote:

Welcome and I agree
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

I wonder what would happen if Lonzo was traded to the Spurs. Would Lavar ask Lonzo to sit the season and force his way back to LA
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
I wonder what would happen if Lonzo was traded to the Spurs. Would Lavar ask Lonzo to sit the season and force his way back to LA

Murray + Lonzo backcourt? Would be interesting.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
Lavar does not speak for ZO. please stop that narrative now.

ZO rarely and barely speaks, when he does he's speaking for himself.

Lavar speaks for....Lavar and Lavar only. he might speak for Lamelo who is still under 18 years of age.

Lavar is no one's mouth piece but his own.What lavar says about the team is lavar's opinion, not Zo's. If by chance they both agree its by chance and the fact that they will see basketball in a similar light since Lavar taught Zo the game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1101, 1102, 1103 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1102 of 1688
Jump to: