OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1102, 1103, 1104 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
You guys hate on Lavar but I think he usually just says what Lonzo wants him to say...especially when it's about the team. Their father/son relationship is interesting and I don't hate it lol...I find it entertaining.
Lavar does not speak for ZO. please stop that narrative now.

ZO rarely and barely speaks, when he does he's speaking for himself.

Lavar speaks for....Lavar and Lavar only. he might speak for Lamelo who is still under 18 years of age.

Lavar is no one's mouth piece but his own.What lavar says about the team is lavar's opinion, not Zo's. If by chance they both agree its by chance and the fact that they will see basketball in a similar light since Lavar taught Zo the game.

Your narrative is just as factual as my narrative lol because at the end of the day none of us know anything so I'll just believe my opinion.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Ingram couldn't shoot as a rookie either and he didn't do everything else as well as Lonzo does.

Ingram shot 40%/29%/62% on 2/3/FT and has a much nicer looking shot.
Lonzo shot 36%/30.5%/45% and has a much worse looking shot.

Ingram spent the summer working on changing his shooting mechanics and saw a nice improvement in his numbers. Lonzo has said he is not willing to do the same work Ingram did. Lets see how it pans out for him.

This is completely untrue. Lonzo said that he would do what the FO wants him to do and it was Magic and Pelinka who said that they didn't want him to change his shot.

Fair enough. The FO didn’t tell Ingram to change his shot, he was just wise enough to do it anyways. In either case I wouldn’t expect him to make an Ingram level improvement when he is not going to put in Ingram level work.

Yes they did. They specifically had a coach work with him at the Lakers facility last offseason.

They were the ones who told him to change it, or he was the one who said that’s what he wanted to do it so they found him a guy? I missed that story if FO was the one who initiated that change. Perplexing that they would want Ingram to change his and not want Lonzo to do the same. Just wow if true. Lonzo really gets special treatment.

[i]Magic was asked about changing Lonzo’s shot: “We’re not going to change Lonzo’s shot. We’re going to make sure (he puts) more time in to be more consistent with it.” (and with his free throws as well). When he was missing he was off balance or rushing it. Or when he caught it and felt like he had to get it up fast. But the other times, when he was consistent on his balance, when he didn’t rush, it either was straight and had a chance to go in or it went in.”[/i]

There's no special treatment going on. The team just has a different take on Lonzo's shot than you do.

That's not a recipe for longterm success in the NBA. Is that what Magic really expecting from Lonzo? He should be able to make shot when not rushed? Is he serious? Look at Steph Curry, when you're at the top of your game, you're gonna have to make jumpshots off balanced, with hands in your face, defenders on your back. In the NBA, you're going to have to rush your shots and you're going to have to make those shots if you want to be successful.

Lonzo was already missing a lot of unrushed, wide open jumpers. Imagine if teams play him a little tighter and make him rush his shot, is he going brick them all?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Ingram couldn't shoot as a rookie either and he didn't do everything else as well as Lonzo does.

Ingram spent the summer working on changing his shooting mechanics and saw a nice improvement in his numbers. Lonzo has said he is not willing to do the same work Ingram did. Lets see how it pans out for him.

This is completely untrue. Lonzo said that he would do what the FO wants him to do and it was Magic and Pelinka who said that they didn't want him to change his shot.

Fair enough. The FO didn’t tell Ingram to change his shot, he was just wise enough to do it anyways. In either case I wouldn’t expect him to make an Ingram level improvement when he is not going to put in Ingram level work.

Yes they did. They specifically had a coach work with him at the Lakers facility last offseason.

They were the ones who told him to change it, or he was the one who said that’s what he wanted to do it so they found him a guy? I missed that story if FO was the one who initiated that change. Perplexing that they would want Ingram to change his and not want Lonzo to do the same. Just wow if true. Lonzo really gets special treatment.

[i]Magic was asked about changing Lonzo’s shot: “We’re not going to change Lonzo’s shot. We’re going to make sure (he puts) more time in to be more consistent with it.” (and with his free throws as well). When he was missing he was off balance or rushing it. Or when he caught it and felt like he had to get it up fast. But the other times, when he was consistent on his balance, when he didn’t rush, it either was straight and had a chance to go in or it went in.”[/i]

There's no special treatment going on. The team just has a different take on Lonzo's shot than you do.

That's not a recipe for longterm success in the NBA. Is that what Magic really expecting from Lonzo? He should be able to make shot when not rushed? Is he serious? Look at Steph Curry, when you're at the top of your game, you're gonna have to make jumpshots off balanced, with hands in your face, defenders on your back. In the NBA, you're going to have to rush your shots and you're going to have to make those shots if you want to be successful.

Lonzo was already missing a lot of unrushed, wide open jumpers. Imagine if teams play him a little tighter and make him rush his shot, is he going brick them all?

I think people need to realise Ball is not going to be the go-to-scorer for any team. His strength is distribution, passing and making the offense run smoothly. His scoring is probably mainly going to come from wide open shots rather than contested. Because of that, I will rank Ingram's ceiling higher than Ball's. You can't be a superstar in this league nowadays without being an elite scorer. He has a lot to learn just to be a good 1-on-1 scorer.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

I think people need to realise Ball is not going to be the go-to-scorer for any team. His strength is distribution, passing and making the offense run smoothly. His scoring is probably mainly going to come from wide open shots rather than contested. Because of that, I will rank Ingram's ceiling higher than Ball's. You can't be a superstar in this league nowadays without being an elite scorer. He has a lot to learn just to be a good 1-on-1 scorer.

Is John Wall not a superstar? He's certainly paid like one.

FWIW, Ingram's iso scoring efficiency is downright atrocious. It actually declined even from his rookie season
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

FWIW, Ingram's iso scoring efficiency is downright atrocious. It actually declined even from his rookie season

Not sure why you mentioned Wall. And to me, no he is not at this stage. Can he still improve and become one? Possibly.

So are you trying to say Ball is a better scorer? My point was because Ingram is a better scorer so he has a higher ceiling. Perhaps you don't value scoring ability as much as I do?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Not sure why you mentioned Wall. And to me, no he is not at this stage. Can he still improve and become one? Possibly.

So are you trying to say Ball is a better scorer? My point was because Ingram is a better scorer so he has a higher ceiling. Perhaps you don't value scoring ability as much as I do?

I mentioned Wall because, until last season, he was a sub-mediocre one-on-one player.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rob Pelinka says Lonzo Ball will be 100% ready for training camp, but his management team is evaluating options for treating his knee.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1017113084861616128
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Rob Pelinka says Lonzo Ball will be 100% ready for training camp, but his management team is evaluating options for treating his knee.

Hmmm. So how does he know he'll be 100% if they still don't even know how they'll be treating it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

LaVar on the phone: Hey Vitti...Gary...what's up my man?
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Hmmm. So how does he know he'll be 100% if they still don't even know how they'll be treating it?

I’m guessing they’ve agreed on a deadline to make a decision? Otherwise that statement doesn’t make any sense.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
pokoy wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

I’m guessing they’ve agreed on a deadline to make a decision? Otherwise that statement doesn’t make any sense.

The secrecy.
Perhaps the Lakers can't comment on it, because there is no issue with the knee at this time? Lonzo's camp just put that out there?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
laker50 wrote:
Hope Lonzo and his LaVar finally show some respect for Lebron.
This guy has been in 9 finals and won 4.

Until Lonzo does ANYTHING in the NBA he should put his head down and work. Develop a shot.

Have more faith in Rondo now for he also has won a ring.

What has Lonzo ever won?

Kiddie school ?
rondo has one ring, one ring playing alongside hall of famers.

this will be the first time zo gets to play with one hall of famer while a team in gsw has 5 allstars on the team even if one is hurt right now.

rondo didnt have to deal with that at all, and he still only won once with prime paul pierce, ray allen, KG, and sheed. give zo that many talented players and he would most likely win it all too.

Allen and Garnett were late in their prime.....definitely on the downside of their career when they arrived in Boston.....and Sheed was 35 when he got to Boston...he retired after that one season.

um you do realize KG won defensive player of the year in boston right?

sure ray ray wasnt sonics ray ray. but he was still a hall of famer. Sheed was still an ex star vet. That means rondo was playing with hall of famers and an ex star vet that still had something left in the tank defensively which is what got them the title.

KG and Ray allen had more left in the tank than GP and Malone did when they became lakers, put it that way.

So the point still stands. rondo won a ring surrounded by hall of famers.Zo is now surrounded by ONE hall of famer.
gaogi
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

Lakers FO says he'll be ready, his camp says otherwise. I feel like i've seen this movie before...
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

you misinterpreted what magic was saying.

He's talking about the kinds of shots zo misses. he rushes some shots(not necessarily because he has to with defense about to close out. he just rushes on his own.) and that rushing with a lack of balance is a recipe for laying bricks. If you get enough reps in, you will get to the point where your weird shot becomes money too even when under duress. because you have worked on it so much that no amt of defense can stop you from balancing yourself before you release the shot.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Are there any videos of him working on his jumper? I'm definitely sure he is, just curious if there are any out there.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

gaogi wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Lakers FO says he'll be ready, his camp says otherwise. I feel like i've seen this movie before...

Yeah but the situation is completely different because Lonzo and his camp want to be on the Lakers just as bad as Kawhi and his camp want to be off the Spurs
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Where is Lonzo's camp saying he won't be ready? If so, good thing we have Rondo.

I actually am quite curious on all these injuries, no matter what any team does it seems like guys fall down more often than years back.
lakers11521
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

So it sounds like Lonzo will spend most of this summer off the court resting his knee
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Ohm Youngmisuk

@NotoriousOHM

Rob Pelinka says that the team cannot talk publicly about Lonzo Ball's left knee but that Ball and his team are exploring all options of treatment when asked if surgery is an option. Pelinka added that Ball will be fully healthy and ready for the season. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41023310-4

https://twitter.com/notoriousohm/status/1017114185283481600

they already fixed his knee in Lithuania 😂

Niklas Theisen

@NTheisen9
Replying to @NotoriousOHM

https://twitter.com/NTheisen9/status/1017123876684353536
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Lonzo's rookie year was much better than our other recent #2 picks. DLO and Ingram didn't do much their rookie year. Lonzo friggin did something only 3 other rookie pg's have ever done and he also defended at an elite level. He controlled entire stretches of games with D, passing and pace. Most rookies struggle with shooting as they adjust to the speed of the game, yet that is all some want to focus on when it comes to Lonzo. I understand that Lavar elicits emotions in people, but everyone needs to be a little more objective and don't let Lavar play with your minds.

I know it's hard, he has even gotten to me before.

+1
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

This injury thing is a bit concerning.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

So while over in San Antonio, Kawhi has Dunwannabehereitis in his quad, here we got Lonzo with a case of Donttradeformebroitis in his knee
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
This injury thing is a bit concerning.

Dont worry it will miraculously heal right after the trade deadline.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

The question is, can he work on his jumper with this current injury or is he just chilling?

Being ready for training camp is nice but he needs to improve over the summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1102, 1103, 1104 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1103 of 1688
Jump to: