Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 546, 547, 548 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Judah wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Judah wrote:
Not sure what's so weird about this. I don't see how this is any different from the bonds that players on opposing teams develop. And it's anything but a new school vs old school thing. Jordan would give Kobe advice during the middle of games because Kobe would ask.

That’s players not coaches. A Coaches job is for their team to win not to help other teams. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of that happening in any sport not just the NBA.

So what if it's coaches or players? That's a distinction without a difference. Whether you're a player or a coach there's still only one goal, and that's winning. So if it's weird for a coach to give an opposing coach some advice because they're opponents, then it's just as weird for opposing players to do it.

OK I’m going to be honest that your response didn’t even make sense to me so we don’t agree on this issue and that’s fine.

I'm the one not making sense? Umm...okay.

And it's not like I'm defending Lue, Shaw, and Luke for doing this. I'm pretty neutral on it. I understand why someone would consider this weird, I just think the reasoning is inconsistent to think there's something wrong with coaches doing this, but not players. The principle is the same. Either way it goes you're helping an opponent.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Judah wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Judah wrote:
Not sure what's so weird about this. I don't see how this is any different from the bonds that players on opposing teams develop. And it's anything but a new school vs old school thing. Jordan would give Kobe advice during the middle of games because Kobe would ask.

That’s players not coaches. A Coaches job is for their team to win not to help other teams. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of that happening in any sport not just the NBA.

So what if it's coaches or players? That's a distinction without a difference. Whether you're a player or a coach there's still only one goal, and that's winning. So if it's weird for a coach to give an opposing coach some advice because they're opponents, then it's just as weird for opposing players to do it.

OK I’m going to be honest that your response didn’t even make sense to me so we don’t agree on this issue and that’s fine.

I'm the one not making sense? Umm...okay.

And it's not like I'm defending Lue, Shaw, and Luke for doing this. I'm pretty neutral on it. I understand why someone would consider this weird, I just think the reasoning is inconsistent to think there's something wrong with coaches doing this, but not players. The principle is the same. Either way it goes you're helping an opponent.

IMO players and coaches do not serve the same roles nor are they treated the same within the organization therefore what one group does is not comparable to what another group does in my opinion. Like I said we just don’t agree on this issue, it’s fine.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

He so easy that he coaches himself
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Both Luke and Lue were in Vegas tonight for Summer League.

They could just meet tonight if they want, I guess.

LeBron respects Luke. He praised him last year. There should not be any issues between them, I don't think.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

meh..

Assuming Lebron and Ty Lue had a decent relationship... there's nothing to see here.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

....."to discuss LeBron coaching Walton."
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Tip #1: Get his phone number.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Judah wrote:

One key here is I didn't notice them saying Lue was going to come in and give away Cavs plays and such. Maybe Lue is friends with all of them including Lebron and he wants to help Lebron and others help life transition smoothly for Lebron. *Shrug.. Lue and Cavs GM know they aren't competing for the next 4-5 years..

Dude is a Superstar.. if he wants his old coach to come in and "share" things that helped things run smoothly for him then people are probably going to agree.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
GTL wrote:
Since when did opposing coaches meet with each other and discuss how to coach their former star players? I must be getting old...this is news to me. I get that Lue is a former Laker, but still puzzling.

Can we meet with Kerr next to find out how.to beat the Warriors?

That's easy, just pray! If prayer doesn't work, then you'll have to find a bunch of unselfish superstars that can shoot and play defense. Or sign Kevin Durant.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject:

Lue basically outlined how to not get stepped over by Iverson and Bron.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Lue to meet with Shaw and Walton to discuss coaching Lebron

Car54 wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-20180707-story.html

Quote:
“I’ll just tell them, LeBron’s easy,” Lue said. “just do ...whatever he says.." (thousand yard stare)

Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject:

Ok?
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject:

Basically you win its cuz of bron you lose its cuz of the coaches and doesnt have the right teammates. It is what it is with the media narrative of bron
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject:

Ah, just some ex-teammates catching up...
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Ah, just some ex-teammates catching up...

This.

DaMuleRules, 2 Sept 2017
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

its not a bad thing if they have the meeting IMO.

I think its just Luke, being a student of the game / coach that he is and asking his peers for advise as he has done so in the past. To speed up the learning process of getting acquainted to LeBron and what he likes, doesn't like, where he like to operate out of and things of that nature.

Im sure he'll talk to Mike Brown, Frye, Jefferson whether its reported or not, to gain more knowledge about his new acquired superstar player.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Since when did opposing coaches meet with each other and discuss how to coach their former star players? I must be getting old...this is news to me. I get that Lue is a former Laker, but still puzzling.

Right.

I stared wondering last week if the Cavs might be hesitant to fire Lue to keep him from coaching the Lakers.

TBH, I'm not sure how much the like Lue, but if they fire him, I'd suspect he might be first man up to replace Luke should he be fired.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

styleripftw wrote:
Lebron will force Luke out of retirement

HAHAHA! That was cold!!
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: The reports that Luke Walton and LeBron James have not spoken were false

Quote:
Reports that James had not spoken to Walton surfaced after LeBron committed to join the Lakers on July 1 and fueled theories of an early disconnect between the superstar and his sixth NBA head coach.

Walton and James, who were both drafted in 2003, had actually communicated via text message, sources with knowledge of the situation told The Athletic, and the Lakers are confident James is comfortable with Walton on the bench. But the seed had been planted, and it was followed by a day of coverage and debate about What It Meant.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/10/17552886/lakers-free-agency-rumors-lebron-james-luke-walton-texting-text-talk
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: The reports that Luke Walton and LeBron James have not spoken were false

GTL wrote:
Quote:
Reports that James had not spoken to Walton surfaced after LeBron committed to join the Lakers on July 1 and fueled theories of an early disconnect between the superstar and his sixth NBA head coach.

Walton and James, who were both drafted in 2003, had actually communicated via text message, sources with knowledge of the situation told The Athletic, and the Lakers are confident James is comfortable with Walton on the bench. But the seed had been planted, and it was followed by a day of coverage and debate about What It Meant.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/10/17552886/lakers-free-agency-rumors-lebron-james-luke-walton-texting-text-talk

Actually they haven't spoken....but they have been in communication with each other.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The reports that Luke Walton and LeBron James have not spoken were false

GTL wrote:
Quote:

cool
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The reports that Luke Walton and LeBron James have not spoken were false

kobe_luver wrote:
GTL wrote:
Quote:

Actually they haven't spoken....but they have been in communication with each other.

hah! so technically story was true
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Writing is on the wall. Walton is a goner just matter of when. I’m all for that as long as we don’t hire Phil.
jumpinmp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Writing is on the wall. Walton is a goner just matter of when. I’m all for that as long as we don’t hire Phil.

Why do you think that? I haven't seen any writing on the wall.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have a lot enemies. The enemies would do anything to try to prevent another Lakers dynasty from forming. The Laker haters and the Lebron haters, they are many. It's us versus the world!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 546, 547, 548 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 547 of 818
Jump to: