JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject:

I know it is the summer league, but Hart looks really good the last 3 games.

He was exceptional in providing leadership, could see him willing the lakers to victory. Also his intensity is kind of fun to watch, the anti-Dwight
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Hart is way better than Danny Green.

Danny Green is a champion and showed up in the big games for the spurs. I think Josh has potential to be better and could be better, but way better - this comment is premature.

True. But if you look at them in terms of pure skill/talent, I'd take Hart 10/10. How he performs on the biggest of stages remains to be determined but we can say the same thing if we compared him with Fish.

Cool...I get it. Hart is in his 2nd year and he's light years ahead of Green on the offensive end. Green can't even dribble the ball more than 1 or 2 steps. There isn't a single person that's watched Green's game that should think he's ever capable of being a spot duty PG. Hart can actually do that. Spurs fans rail on the dude if he does anything other than shooting a wide open 3 or defend. Literally, if he dribbles the ball it's a predictive disaster in the minds of a fan base that's watched his game 10000x than ours.

I agree, I think if we looking at both skillset, Hart provides more and I would take Hart 10/10 too. I was more so focused on the "way" part being premature. Green have shown to be a better shooter, defender, moving without the ball better, and have done it in big games, against top tier talent. I overall agree with you though. It's actually a bad comparison in what each can do and provide.

Last edited by Outspoken on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:00 am; edited 5 times in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

True. But if you look at them in terms of pure skill/talent, I'd take Hart 10/10. How he performs on the biggest of stages remains to be determined but we can say the same thing if we compared him with Fish

Hart is the Dawson of this team. Indispensable and has such an adult way of speaking for a teenager.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:17 am    Post subject:

MoriArty wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
https://i.redd.it/xc7uypblc8911.jpg

I'm certain that we're not budging at this point. Keep this squad. Let the season play out...let's see what we can get in 2019. Patience...even as is, we have a HELL of a team.

If this were any team but the Lakers, the talk of the media would be how deep the squad is. Rondo, 'Zo, BI, Kuz, Lebron, KCP, Lance, Hart ... team is deep as hell. And it's by design. KCP, Kuz, BI and Hart shoot a high percentage from 3. Add the defense and playmaking that the new additions bring and I think we're going to surprise a lot of people once we get rolling.

Stand pat unless we get a can't-miss offer.

I agree. I think there's an East vs West thing involved. I'm on (un)RealGM, thus I read these other people's posts (yes, sigh...). When Cavs got Nance and Clarkson, it effin felt like they were stars and the level of enthusiasm (or whatever you might call it) about the Cavs getting THOSE two was like the fans who overtly rep NY/CHI/PHI/MIL/etc had never heard of them. And they probably hadn't! How many of those mammaluccos stay up to watch Laker games?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject:

The more we see him play, the more we are attached to him and the less we are willing to trade him. I think he will thrive in our current system but if you tell me that if we include him on the trade then we don't need to include any of Ingram, Ball or Kuzma then I won't hesitate to trade him.
delaluz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject:

The only downside I see in Hart is that he his hyper aggression on some offensive plays could lead to an injury. His left handed dunk in traffic in the Knicks game looked spectacular. However, if he attempts shots like this a lot he runs the risk of getting upended by the guys like Matt Dellavedova.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

This kid is too good
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject:

I think it's about time to change the thread's title...
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject:

It's July, and this guy looks better than when he scored at least 20 points in his last 5 games, including 30 the final game on great 3 pt shooting. It stands to reason that he'll be even better by October.

When Miami got Shaq from the Lakers, they refused to put Dwyane Wade in the trade. The Lakers have three of those type of players that you should not trade, and that doesn't even include Ball, who I really like. Now we've seen great improvement from the least of our draft picks over the previous 2 years. We also know Ingram improved significantly last year and is likely to be at least a 20 ppg type scorer since he has the same type of work ethic Hart has shown, but with more time on his hand without being interrupted by Summer League. We know that Kuzma, whose scoring was identical to Ingrams, has been doing the same type of work too. Yet, there's people who look at this team and say they'll win 45 games with LeBron. HOW? They've said Minnesota is better because they have Butler, and Townes is an all star.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. To me, if you put LeBron with a highly capable shooting guard, small forward, and power forward, then throw Lonzo into the mix as the 2nd engine that makes that team go, I expect something very similar to that high-powered UCLA offense we saw a year ago. Then factor Rondo, who I dont like, as being backup (hopefully) pg.

I wouldn't trade any of these guys for Kawhi. Just take a chance and let him come on his own. To me, this team has a chance to be 'off the charts' good/efficient/great, and it shouldn't be tinkered with just so you can have the all star the media keeps urging Maglinka to mortgage the future for.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

Hart has DFisher's strength/mentality.

Can have a Danny Green type of impact, but has shown the ability to have more offensive creativity (Green is strictly catch and shoot).

Hard to find any kind of comp for that. But I absolutely want to keep him. He's part of a championship 8 man rotation IMO.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hard to find any kind of comp for that. But I absolutely want to keep him. He's part of a championship 8 man rotation IMO.

He absolutely is!

He is talented and has the right mentality for the game. He's the type of guy you wanna keep forever. Just like Michael Cooper or D-Fish.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He absolutely is!

He is talented and has the right mentality for the game. He's the type of guy you wanna keep forever. Just like Michael Cooper or D-Fish.

Probably never gets an all star nod, but maybe...ironically, Byron Scott v.2.0.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
It's July, and this guy looks better than when he scored at least 20 points in his last 5 games, including 30 the final game on great 3 pt shooting. It stands to reason that he'll be even better by October.

When Miami got Shaq from the Lakers, they refused to put Dwyane Wade in the trade. The Lakers have three of those type of players that you should not trade, and that doesn't even include Ball, who I really like. Now we've seen great improvement from the least of our draft picks over the previous 2 years. We also know Ingram improved significantly last year and is likely to be at least a 20 ppg type scorer since he has the same type of work ethic Hart has shown, but with more time on his hand without being interrupted by Summer League. We know that Kuzma, whose scoring was identical to Ingrams, has been doing the same type of work too. Yet, there's people who look at this team and say they'll win 45 games with LeBron. HOW? They've said Minnesota is better because they have Butler, and Townes is an all star.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. To me, if you put LeBron with a highly capable shooting guard, small forward, and power forward, then throw Lonzo into the mix as the 2nd engine that makes that team go, I expect something very similar to that high-powered UCLA offense we saw a year ago. Then factor Rondo, who I dont like, as being backup (hopefully) pg.

I wouldn't trade any of these guys for Kawhi. Just take a chance and let him come on his own. To me, this team has a chance to be 'off the charts' good/efficient/great, and it shouldn't be tinkered with just so you can have the all star the media keeps urging Maglinka to mortgage the future for.

Dwayne Wade was a stud the first step he took in the NBA.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject:

delaluz wrote:
The only downside I see in Hart is that he his hyper aggression on some offensive plays could lead to an injury. His left handed dunk in traffic in the Knicks game looked spectacular. However, if he attempts shots like this a lot he runs the risk of getting upended by the guys like Matt Dellavedova.

Nah, not likely to be a problem at all. Take a look at his games from his first til now. Something very special and crucial: you will seldom see him on the floor unless it's a willful act.

He's got that Barkley base that's hard to move, and thus he's grounded very well, while still being able to get up high enough for left hand dunks. Of course in the air everyone is vulnerable.

That's why after a game last year, when he had I think about 14 rebounds, he stated he was "gettin' his Charles Barkley on", or something to that affect.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

He plays like anything between Danny Green and Jimmy Butler
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

Which player among Hart, Ingram, or Kuzma do you think wont be on that level this season? The things Hart is showing he can do now are far beyond what he did last year.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

Which player among Hart, Ingram, or Kuzma do you think wont be on that level this season? The things Hart is showing he can do now are far beyond what he did last year.

Wade's level? None of them.

Hart is good, I like Hart (more than Lonzo actually), but Wade was a different beast
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject:

Yeah. Wade from day 1, you knew there was all star level talent. Much more explosive and a better ball handler/scorer.

I think Hart is more of a top 7 rotation, must-have rotation player type of guy.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

how good of a defender is this kid? That euro from Philly gets 40 one game Hart guards him and gets what 5 pts and last night Knox had 27 pts after 3 Hart goes on him and he gets 2 in the 4th qtr.

He is gonna just keep getting better too
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

Funny thing is if you think about it.

Out of all our guards, Hart is the most ideal fit at the pg position for team lebron...
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

Hart is a star in this league and you can take that to the bank.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:

Yeah, I feel like if he had his own team, he could be an all-star one day. People on here don't seem to agree, but I think it would be possible. Would be tough on this team though.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

Yeah, I feel like if he had his own team, he could be an all-star one day. People on here don't seem to agree, but I think it would be possible. Would be tough on this team though.

Gonna be tough for him to be an all star IMO.

I kid you not. I think he's going to be this team's Byron Scott. A good, but not all-star caliber player who is going to be essential to winning a championship.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

He's too good for summer league. I would actually consider pulling him from the rest of the games. But it has been a couple months since he last played, so it's not the worst thing in the world for him to get some run.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

Gonna be tough for him to be an all star IMO.

I kid you not. I think he's going to be this team's Byron Scott. A good, but not all-star caliber player who is going to be essential to winning a championship.

Yeah exactly this...

And that is completely okay. The fact that we got a player who can play closing mins in game 7 of a Finals is HUGE.

Kuz, BI, Zo, Hart, Moe, Svi, Zu

... our young core is pretty stellar and deeeeeep
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 101 of 163
Jump to: