OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2541, 2542, 2543 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoriArty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Julianlakers24 wrote:
alex len is underrated center wonder why we haven't got him yet? :/

I just made the same post in the Trade forum. I would shoot him an offer ASAP - it's a good fit.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
IIRC Emplay said LA's priority was finding a small ball center to fill out the roster. What would people think of a minimum flier on Noah Vonleh for that role? He's 22 and an unrestricted free agent.

Defending the Perimeter (couple years old)

Shooting the 3

Laker Draft workout

Not a real big fan but a player like Markieff Morris would be a nice small ball center imo. Not sure how you could acquire him.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Matt Thomas' Europe stats:

MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% PTS FT%
26.4 5.1 10.8 0.472 2.4 5.2 0.485 15.4 0.944

Maybe he can play the Calderon role of instant offense coming off the bench.

He is signing with Valencia Basket, a bigger team in Spain, for something like US$ 1.4 (€ 1.2M) for 2 years. Safer money and lower cost of living, I don't think he will trade that for a Camp Invite.

It's not official, yet.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject:

microbe obliterator wrote:
LakerFan1972 wrote:
Quote:
Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen
5m
Clint Capela receives $85 million offer from Rockets, but center wants more ift.tt/2u8GDe4

"I'd take the money, Toombs"

He should just take the money

Remember what happened to KCP, or Noel.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject:

And if he was offered $85MM, that's over 4 years, not 5, which makes it crazy that he's not jumping at that. He's a RFA so he can't get a 5-year offer.

As my friend said tonight when I told him: "he didn't snap-call that?"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject:

Ok, ran the current Lakers squad for the first time on NBA2K18 last night (without Svi who I couldn't find and didn't create).

This was my rotation:

Lonzo/Rondo (split the PG minutes basically).
KCP/Hart (split the SG minutes)
BI/Lance (BI played most minutes with Lance backing him)
LBJ/Kuz
McGee/Wagner/Mo.

Some observations:

The guard rotation is very nice. At all times we will have a player able to run the offense/distribute. The shooting/defense from the SG spot is also nice too.

LBJ at PF is just ridiculous. Can take big men off the dribble and LBJ is no slouch as a post up option.

The center rotation really wasn't too big of a deal. McGee grabbed 10 rebounds (0 points ). Wagner is a fun player to use a versatile big man.

I think shooting is a bit of a struggle, which is no surprise. But minutes will be pretty evenly distributed and we will have a "next man up" mentality. Having Rondo run the 2nd unit cannot be understated. Wow.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
CyberX sure capela doesn't want to play in garden's shadow.

Maybe he is trying to get out of Houston

he thinks he is good enough to not be in Harden's shadow? He is not a #1 option on any NBA team.

Who knows. Paul George thinks he is a superstar when he is a replacement all star

Obviously I wanted him.

But for this season, instead of PG by himself, we have KCP/Rondo/Lance with the same cap space. I think I like the latter combo as a replacement for PG, especially if you then use that space to sign KL in 2019 AND keep the young core.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Matt Thomas' Europe stats:

MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% PTS FT%
26.4 5.1 10.8 0.472 2.4 5.2 0.485 15.4 0.944

Maybe he can play the Calderon role of instant offense coming off the bench.

We have Svi.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
IIRC Emplay said LA's priority was finding a small ball center to fill out the roster. What would people think of a minimum flier on Noah Vonleh for that role? He's 22 and an unrestricted free agent.

Shooting the 3

Laker Draft workout

I like that idea. As a 5th big man, no problem here.

Pretty amazing that aside from Embiid/Wiggins, people in that class haven't seen the big $$$.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
And if he was offered $85MM, that's over 4 years, not 5, which makes it crazy that he's not jumping at that. He's a RFA so he can't get a 5-year offer.

If it were 4/85 I believe he would have taken it. Reports are that it was 5.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
It's a contract starting at 16 million a year. He's a better defender than Adams, and can contain guards on switches. Capela get your money.

From who?

From the Rockets. And if they don't want to pay him, he should take the qualifying offer, and become an unrestricted free agent when 15 teams will have 20+ million in capspace 2019.

But his qualifying offer is around 5m and they are offering 85m for 5 years. If he accepts the qo he would have to make 20m a year for the next 4 years to break even and he has to risk injury this season to get to that contract.

Not saying he shouldn't but that is a big risk to make for a guy who hasn't hit his big pay day yet. If I was his agent I would try for maybe 5m more with a player option in year 3 or 4 but if the Rockets aren't playing ball I would recommend my client to take the deal.

He can get an insurance policy in case he gets injured. Gobert and Adams both got contracts paying them 100 million over 4 years. He is better than both when it comes to defending guards on switches.

That's the most important skill in today's NBA. Of the 15 teams with 20+ million in capspace, all of them won't get the star FA, so there will be money out there for him. I wouldn't budge if I was Capela. Get your money.
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
IIRC Emplay said LA's priority was finding a small ball center to fill out the roster.

Jeebus, really? Dude. We just HAD a pretty good one. Actually two, if we kept Thomas Bryant.

Is this what Rocket fans feel like right now, except without the consolation prize of having just signed one of the GOATs?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

This Capela mess is going to benefit the rest of the West. I expect the Rockets to cave in eventually and offer 9 figures.

If it's true that Steven Adams' contract made Capela want equal money, the 2012 Harden trade has now helped saddle two of the West's better teams with bad value bigs who can't shoot. All that committed money to Adams is probably the second biggest waste of cap space the Thunder currently have on the books. At least Capela can roll...
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Not when you have more value that Gobert and Adams when it comes to defending the perimeter. He should get what they got.
ILeftMyWalletInElSegundo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Michael Scotto

Verified account

@MikeAScotto
More
The Athletic Sources: Karl-Anthony Towns and the Minnesota Timberwolves are discussing a maximum rookie scale contract extension, colleague @JonKrawczynski and I are told.

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1017040947383808001
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject:

ILeftMyWalletInElSegundo wrote:
Quote:
Michael Scotto

Verified account

@MikeAScotto
More
The Athletic Sources: Karl-Anthony Towns and the Minnesota Timberwolves are discussing a maximum rookie scale contract extension, colleague @JonKrawczynski and I are told.

Butler is a goner.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Not when you have more value that Gobert and Adams when it comes to defending the perimeter. He should get what they got.

Adams is the worst player of the three. Gobert is the best overall, even though Capela fits better for Houston. Though I suspect the Rockets secretly wish they could somehow land Draymond and play 5-out...
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
ILeftMyWalletInElSegundo wrote:
Quote:
Michael Scotto

Verified account

@MikeAScotto
More

Butler is a goner.

Good news for us, next summer.
Let's just hope that Thibs doesn't run him to the ground this year.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
IIRC Emplay said LA's priority was finding a small ball center to fill out the roster.

Jeebus, really? Dude. We just HAD a pretty good one. Actually two, if we kept Thomas Bryant.

Is this what Rocket fans feel like right now, except without the consolation prize of having just signed one of the GOATs?

It should probably read the Lakers are looking for a small ball center on a 1 year contract. You can argue Bryant was a cheap one year contract but he’s unproven. They must have saw something they did not like. On that note, he didn’t look like he got in better shape.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Shooting the 3

Laker Draft workout

I like that idea. As a 5th big man, no problem here.

Pretty amazing that aside from Embiid/Wiggins, people in that class haven't seen the big $$$.

Lavine just got paid
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

We aren't going to rely on Javale as our primary center. As many have said, expect about 10-12 minutes from him. Just based on his history and the likely role he'll have here (shot swatter/lob target/energy burst big) he won't be relied on consistently into any real game plan. He may indeed start, but the bulk of minutes at the 5 position will not go to him. He's too one dimensional offensively, doesn't have a post game, not a good facilitator, only a mediocre screener. On defense he has his moments, but his days of high end athleticism are coming to an end. He's good in moments as we saw in the Finals, but anyone counting on that through a season are setting themselves up for a massive disappointment. There is a reason GSW started playing Looney and Bell over him. They are smarter players, better switch defenders, and have higher upside. There is a reason we only signed him or a one year vet minimum deal. So its not the end of the world that we have him. Honestly, 10 minutes of high energy play is good enough. Again, its only one year on a vet min deal. He won't be a Laker after this year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

I think the center minutes will be scattered all over the place.

We have 3 main "centers" as of now, all with different archetypes.

1. McGee: rim runner, alley oop catcher, rim protector. Not much of a post player or passer.

2. Wagner: stretch big, smart player. However, seems a bit overwhelmed physically at this point against true NBA talent.

3. Zub: probably our best low post player at the center spot. Still a liability on defense in open space.

I can see LBJ playing under 7mpg as a small ball center too.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

I would expect us to be huge players in the inevitable buyout market, that could be coming soon. There will be some bigs available. I'm sure Pelinka has forecasted some guys being let out their contracts. Guys I would look at are Kenneth Faried, Kosta Koufous, Jason Smith.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Shooting the 3

Laker Draft workout

Small ball center?

WCS! WCS!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Shooting the 3

Laker Draft workout

Small ball center?

WCS! WCS!

Yes. How many centers do they have on that team?

What would you trade?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2541, 2542, 2543 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2542 of 2680
Jump to: