Official LANCE STEPHENSON Thread (Cried after being Eliminated from Playoffs - pg.57)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
I like hearing that he intends to focus on his shooting and fitness this offseason.

Lance can play way above his pay grade for periods of time. I am hoping that a focused and intense Lance can help the Lakers this year.

Do- go after it on D, be a pest, take open shots

Don't- dominate the ball, take bad shots, take plays off
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

He will play the Rick Fox role, the instigator and the guy who brings the toughness, I think a lot of people will sing a different tune about the signing once the season starts.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
I like hearing that he intends to focus on his shooting and fitness this offseason.

Lance can play way above his pay grade for periods of time. I am hoping that a focused and intense Lance can help the Lakers this year.

With the ball handlers on this team and especially Lebron, it should have been made clear to Lance that they expect defense, open 3s, attacking closeouts, and getting rid of the ball quickly from Lance. Mostly just defence and shooing the open 3.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

With the ball handlers on this team and especially Lebron, it should have been made clear to Lance that they expect defense, open 3s, attacking closeouts, and getting rid of the ball quickly from Lance. Mostly just defence and shooing the open 3.

I don't know.
They might also want him to push the ball up court, do about 9 hand wave motions, then drop a dime to a teammate.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

They told him they expect him to be a playmaker as well. If he hits the 3 that would be an added bonus cuz he's never been a good 3 point shooter. D and toughness have always been there.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

They told him they expect him to be a playmaker as well. If he hits the 3 that would be an added bonus cuz he's never been a good 3 point shooter. D and toughness have always been there.

He was a good 3 point shooter when he was playing on the Clippers and not creating. He got a lot of catch and shoot 3s with CP3 and Blake play making
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

He was a good 3 point shooter when he was playing on the Clippers and not creating. He got a lot of catch and shoot 3s with CP3 and Blake play making

A lot? He made 30 that year...not really setting the world on fire. Career 30% so he has a lot of work to do...Don't get me wrong I hope he does it...but his strengths in my opinion will be making plays for others, slashing, defense and tough attitude.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

A lot? He made 30 that year...not really setting the world on fire. Career 30% so he has a lot of work to do...Don't get me wrong I hope he does it...but his strengths in my opinion will be making plays for others, slashing, defense and tough attitude.

Stephenson's defensive ESPN RPM score (link) ranked him as #105 of 111 shooting guards last year. What aspects of his defensive abilities are not included in his rating?

--Anonymous
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

Nah. He's gonna be a playmaker on offense too. He won't just be a stand still shooter. That's not his game. If we want to get the best version of him he's gonna have to have his opportunities to handle the ball and be a playmaker. That's also what the plan is to ease LeBron’s workload.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject:

We need 2013-2014 Lance.
ORPM: 0.90 (22nd)
DRPM: 0.14 (15th)
RPM: 1.04 (13th)

That team had PG, George Hill, David West and Hibbert
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
https://youtu.be/SXCW0Fp1nLw

Lol. Why did you find this?
He's a cooky cat
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
He will play the Rick Fox role, the instigator and the guy who brings the toughness, I think a lot of people will sing a different tune about the signing once the season starts.

Only Fox was actually productive on the floor.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

So much angst for someone who won’t play significant minutes, but has a lot of potential to impact in other areas (eg. The already mentioned toughness, intensity, etc). I look at him as a high upside signing - has the potential to really impact how the team progresses throughout the year. If not, then he’s gone at the end of the year, sits, waived, or whatever.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

He's our new MWP... hopefully the only similarity is the personality. The dude can still play. Needs to amp up his D and 3pt shooting.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You really don’t know much do you. It’s a waste replying to you. He averaged 13 ppg and 9 rpg as a starter last year. Bron and Magic believe he’s a great fit. Myself and everyone else that know basketball value their opinion much more than yours.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

man do you even enjoy watching the Lakers? As long as I've been on this forum you've disagreed with pretty much every move that's been made lol
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

man do you even enjoy watching the Lakers? As long as I've been on this forum you've disagreed with pretty much every move that's been made lol

And he's been pretty much wrong in everything he's disagreed with.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

And he's been pretty much wrong in everything he's disagreed with.

Hahaha.....You couldn't be more right!
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
He's our new MWP... hopefully the only similarity is the personality. The dude can still play. Needs to amp up his D and 3pt shooting.

World Peace is from Queens. Stephenson is from Brooklyn. They have absolutely nothing in common.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

World Peace is from Queens. Stephenson is from Brooklyn. They have absolutely nothing in common.

They both have a certain amount of crazy you want out there and a certain amount you want to keep at an acceptable level.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

This statement makes no sense. Since when do you have to be from the same place to have something in common?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

Lance worked out with Kuz two years ago and wasn't fooled by him.

He knew Flint had game.

Lance Stephenson on joining the Lakers
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

He can still get to the rim tho?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

This statement makes no sense. Since when do you have to be from the same place to have something in common?

Bad attempt at humor. I thought that was obvious. Everything I say makes sense dude. I measure my words carefully.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 23 of 57
Jump to: