OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1089, 1090, 1091 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GODBE wrote:
When I watch Ingram play, I see a borderline bust. Maybe I just don't know basketball, but I would try to get as much value as possible for him before he gets exposed next season.

So he put up better numbers than Gianis and Leonard at his age so clearly they are busts too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

BI may not be a HOFer for all we know, but he is certainly nowhere near a bust.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

GODBE wrote:
When I watch Ingram play, I see a borderline bust. Maybe I just don't know basketball, but I would try to get as much value as possible for him before he gets exposed next season.

Yea, you don't know basketball. Maybe your forget he's only 20 years old also. He's already a decent player with his footwork and getting to the rim. His jumper has been improving and his defense is already real solid. People have a tough time getting a shot off when he's defending him. That's why Magic and Rob don't wanna let him go and even Doris Burke speaks highly of him.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

GODBE wrote:
When I watch Ingram play, I see a borderline bust. Maybe I just don't know basketball but I would try to get as much value as possible for him before he gets exposed next season.

Hmm. I think you should get extra credit for knowing that you dont know basketball
GODBE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:
When I watch Ingram play, I see a borderline bust. Maybe I just don't know basketball but I would try to get as much value as possible for him before he gets exposed next season.

I don't see any bust in his game whatsoever unless he gets injured or doesn't improve.

He is a proven hard worker and has continually improved his game so I don't know where you see bust. Explain?

I watched almost every game last season. I just see a player who is slow, uncoordinated, low skill, questionable IQ with bad defense and a cancerous play style. The team usually plays worse when he is on the court. I don't think his play style works on a winning team so next season it could get ugly for him. This is just what my eye test tells me and I could be totally wrong, of course.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I just see a player who is slow, uncoordinated, low skill, questionable IQ with bad defense and a cancerous play style. The team usually plays worse when he is on the court.

Wow.

https://www.lenscrafters.com has a sale I heard.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

sheesh get ya eyes checked.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

Has to be a troll right?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

GODBE wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:

I don't see any bust in his game whatsoever unless he gets injured or doesn't improve.

He is a proven hard worker and has continually improved his game so I don't know where you see bust. Explain?

I watched almost every game last season. I just see a player who is slow, uncoordinated, low skill, questionable IQ with bad defense and a cancerous play style. The team usually plays worse when he is on the court. I don't think his play style works on a winning team so next season it could get ugly for him. This is just what my eye test tells me and I could be totally wrong, of course.

That's Tyler Ennis.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
GODBE wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:

That's Tyler Ennis.

Yeah. It's an understandable mistake to confuse BI and Ennis. I mean they totally look alike, right?
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
GODBE wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:

That's Tyler Ennis.

Yeah. It's an understandable mistake to confuse BI and Ennis. I mean they totally look alike, right?

Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

Mr. GODBE, what you have just said is by far the most insane idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now Dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

https://goo.gl/images/WdySQy
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Mr. GODBE, what you have just said is by far the most insane idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now Dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

https://goo.gl/images/WdySQy

Lol. *love* that movie. Well done.
manber34
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

GODBE wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:

I barely posts here but I had to say "wow" on this one. Now my head hurts....
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

GODBE wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:

And the beauty is that if you’re right, the LAkers will send him and Stephenson to SAn Antonio for Leonard, and they’d gladly take it ...

... but you’re wrong though, so it doesn’t really matter.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Maybe he confused borderline bust with borderline star?
ItsJustMagic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

GODBE wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:

Maybe you were watching the South Bay Lakers?? They have a player named Ingram too
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

For me personally, it's just nice to see a hardworking Lakers player stay out of the spotlight.

I think he's definitely going to have a breakout year esp since he's been working with oladipo's trainer
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:

He’s no bust but he’s far from a proven hard worker IMO. That’s just a term people use to prop up or put down players they like or don’t like. We don’t know these kids workout habits. He needs to work on his body more so than anybody in the young core and I’d argue he’s made the least progress in that sense(at least to this point).

With that said, he’s proven his floor is a rotational player on a good team.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:

He’s no bust but he’s far from a proven hard worker IMO. That’s just a term people use to prop up or put down players they like or don’t like. We don’t know these kids workout habits. He needs to work on his body more so than anybody in the young core and I’d argue he’s made the least progress in that sense(at least to this point).

We actually do know BIs workout habits and he’s a proven hard worker and gym rat
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:

We actually do know BIs workout habits and he’s a proven hard worker and gym rat

Yeah, when a guy is literally locked out of the gym because he's working TOO hard... I'd say the kid is a hard worker. Pretty sure GT has verified he's a work horse iirc?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Smh at some of these comments.. I suppose they will persist until he is an actual all star.. and even then some will still give back handed compliments.

We don't know he's a hard worker.. but the coaching staff say's he is the hardest working on the roster.. GT who isn't as high on him as a lot of us has also stated he works his ass off.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Smh at some of these comments.. I suppose they will persist until he is an actual all star.. and even then some will still give back handed compliments.

We don't know he's a hard worker.. but the coaching staff say's he is the hardest working on the roster.. GT who isn't as high on him as a lot of us has also stated he works his ass off.

No just until he positively impacts the team on a consistent basis. Same with the other youngsters.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:

Yeah, when a guy is literally locked out of the gym because he's working TOO hard... I'd say the kid is a hard worker. Pretty sure GT has verified he's a work horse iirc?

He's working with two different trainers this year. Strength and skills training. Magic/Pelinka have said he's a hard worker. So has Luke. So has his teammates. Based on what we actually have to go by, he's a hard worker.

This "we don't actually know" spin can apply to virtually anyone we don't know personally so that's a ridiculous take.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:

He's working with two different trainers this year. Strength and skills training. Magic/Pelinka have said he's a hard worker. So has Luke. So has his teammates. Based on what we actually have to go by, he's a hard worker.

This "we don't actually know" spin can apply to virtually anyone we don't know personally so that's a ridiculous take.

Yes it does apply to almost all athletes because the information is generally not made public. Our FO says that about everybody. My point is simply that you can’t say he’s a hard worker so we shouldn’t trade him. We don’t know that and the fact he’s working with independent trainers instead of at the team facilities doesn’t prove he works harder or less hard than anybody else on the roster. It’s just something that fans use to prop up their favorites and put down the ones they don’t like as much.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1089, 1090, 1091 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1090 of 1885
Jump to: