OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1090, 1091, 1092 ... 1398, 1399, 1400  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128335
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GODBE wrote:
When I watch Ingram play, I see a borderline bust. Maybe I just don't know basketball, but I would try to get as much value as possible for him before he gets exposed next season.




So he put up better numbers than Gianis and Leonard at his age so clearly they are busts too.


Right because all development is linear
_________________
Happy 242nd birthday to the US Marine Corp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1ngr4m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 5606

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:
When I watch Ingram play, I see a borderline bust. Maybe I just don't know basketball but I would try to get as much value as possible for him before he gets exposed next season.


I don't see any bust in his game whatsoever unless he gets injured or doesn't improve.

He is a proven hard worker and has continually improved his game so I don't know where you see bust. Explain?


He’s no bust but he’s far from a proven hard worker IMO. That’s just a term people use to prop up or put down players they like or don’t like. We don’t know these kids workout habits. He needs to work on his body more so than anybody in the young core and I’d argue he’s made the least progress in that sense(at least to this point).

With that said, he’s proven his floor is a rotational player on a good team.


We actually do know BIs workout habits and he’s a proven hard worker and gym rat


Yeah, when a guy is literally locked out of the gym because he's working TOO hard... I'd say the kid is a hard worker. Pretty sure GT has verified he's a work horse iirc?


He's working with two different trainers this year. Strength and skills training. Magic/Pelinka have said he's a hard worker. So has Luke. So has his teammates. Based on what we actually have to go by, he's a hard worker.

This "we don't actually know" spin can apply to virtually anyone we don't know personally so that's a ridiculous take.


Yes it does apply to almost all athletes because the information is generally not made public. Our FO says that about everybody. My point is simply that you can’t say he’s a hard worker so we shouldn’t trade him. We don’t know that and the fact he’s working with independent trainers instead of at the team facilities doesn’t prove he works harder or less hard than anybody else on the roster. It’s just something that fans use to prop up their favorites and put down the ones they don’t like as much.


Quote:
Brandon was just a beast the way he worked this offseason…The way he was working in the weight room and on the court, he’s a leader. He definitely has that Magic Johnson Kobe Bryant mentality about him where if he sees you in his way he’s going to find a way through you.


Rob Pelinka

Quote:
“The guy only cares about winning and basketball,” Johnson said. “He’s quiet and doesn’t do anything else. He is a very intelligent young man and is our hardest worker.”


Magic Johnson

Quote:
“When you have that type of work ethic and you can play basketball the way he can,” Lakers coach Luke Walton said, “he’s going to continue to get better and better at different things.”


Luke Walton

It's one thing for Magic Johnson to compliment Ingram's work ethic, it's another thing for him to straight up say "Yep, that guy is our hardest worker".
_________________
Did Jordan Clarkson think Metta's 3 at the end was going in? "I don't know. He was shaking like a stripper in the corner."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4647
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Smh at some of these comments.. I suppose they will persist until he is an actual all star.. and even then some will still give back handed compliments.

We don't know he's a hard worker.. but the coaching staff say's he is the hardest working on the roster.. GT who isn't as high on him as a lot of us has also stated he works his ass off.


No just until he positively impacts the team on a consistent basis. Same with the other youngsters.


My point is there are some who will manufacture twisted logic to post negative takes. "We don't know if he works hard" is exhibit A for this kind of silliness lol. Him being a bust, exhibit B..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128335
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BI may not be a HOFer for all we know, but he is certainly nowhere near a bust.


Yes, there is a good chance he lands in the vast middle of the two. Even if he does turn out to be Prince that puts him closer to the HOF than a bust.
_________________
Happy 242nd birthday to the US Marine Corp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 5375

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:
When I watch Ingram play, I see a borderline bust. Maybe I just don't know basketball but I would try to get as much value as possible for him before he gets exposed next season.


I don't see any bust in his game whatsoever unless he gets injured or doesn't improve.

He is a proven hard worker and has continually improved his game so I don't know where you see bust. Explain?


He’s no bust but he’s far from a proven hard worker IMO. That’s just a term people use to prop up or put down players they like or don’t like. We don’t know these kids workout habits. He needs to work on his body more so than anybody in the young core and I’d argue he’s made the least progress in that sense(at least to this point).

With that said, he’s proven his floor is a rotational player on a good team.


We actually do know BIs workout habits and he’s a proven hard worker and gym rat


Yeah, when a guy is literally locked out of the gym because he's working TOO hard... I'd say the kid is a hard worker. Pretty sure GT has verified he's a work horse iirc?


He's working with two different trainers this year. Strength and skills training. Magic/Pelinka have said he's a hard worker. So has Luke. So has his teammates. Based on what we actually have to go by, he's a hard worker.

This "we don't actually know" spin can apply to virtually anyone we don't know personally so that's a ridiculous take.


Yes it does apply to almost all athletes because the information is generally not made public. Our FO says that about everybody. My point is simply that you can’t say he’s a hard worker so we shouldn’t trade him. We don’t know that and the fact he’s working with independent trainers instead of at the team facilities doesn’t prove he works harder or less hard than anybody else on the roster. It’s just something that fans use to prop up their favorites and put down the ones they don’t like as much.


Quote:
Brandon was just a beast the way he worked this offseason…The way he was working in the weight room and on the court, he’s a leader. He definitely has that Magic Johnson Kobe Bryant mentality about him where if he sees you in his way he’s going to find a way through you.


Rob Pelinka

Quote:
“The guy only cares about winning and basketball,” Johnson said. “He’s quiet and doesn’t do anything else. He is a very intelligent young man and is our hardest worker.”


Magic Johnson

Quote:
“When you have that type of work ethic and you can play basketball the way he can,” Lakers coach Luke Walton said, “he’s going to continue to get better and better at different things.”


Luke Walton

It's one thing for Magic Johnson to compliment Ingram's work ethic, it's another thing for him to straight up say "Yep, that guy is our hardest worker".


Didn’t he say that last off-season? Regardless, it’s PR for the most part. I’m not saying he’s lazy by any means but I don’t think he’s an outlier as far as how hard he works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 5375

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Smh at some of these comments.. I suppose they will persist until he is an actual all star.. and even then some will still give back handed compliments.

We don't know he's a hard worker.. but the coaching staff say's he is the hardest working on the roster.. GT who isn't as high on him as a lot of us has also stated he works his ass off.


No just until he positively impacts the team on a consistent basis. Same with the other youngsters.


My point is there are some who will manufacture twisted logic to post negative takes. "We don't know if he works hard" is exhibit A for this kind of silliness lol. Him being a bust, exhibit B..


My point is exhibit A isn’t that but of course exhibit B is and is a ridiculous take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4647
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Smh at some of these comments.. I suppose they will persist until he is an actual all star.. and even then some will still give back handed compliments.

We don't know he's a hard worker.. but the coaching staff say's he is the hardest working on the roster.. GT who isn't as high on him as a lot of us has also stated he works his ass off.


No just until he positively impacts the team on a consistent basis. Same with the other youngsters.


My point is there are some who will manufacture twisted logic to post negative takes. "We don't know if he works hard" is exhibit A for this kind of silliness lol. Him being a bust, exhibit B..


My point is exhibit A isn’t that but of course exhibit B is and is a ridiculous take.


It's just as absurd when you have the front office, coaching staff, and a trusted source in GT who all say he works his ass off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3949

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

”He’s far from a proven hard worker” is one of the most absurd comments in this thread. He's always seemed to be the hardest worker.

And we're back to the Tayshaun Prince comp, huh? So many comments.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1ngr4m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 5606

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:
When I watch Ingram play, I see a borderline bust. Maybe I just don't know basketball but I would try to get as much value as possible for him before he gets exposed next season.


I don't see any bust in his game whatsoever unless he gets injured or doesn't improve.

He is a proven hard worker and has continually improved his game so I don't know where you see bust. Explain?


He’s no bust but he’s far from a proven hard worker IMO. That’s just a term people use to prop up or put down players they like or don’t like. We don’t know these kids workout habits. He needs to work on his body more so than anybody in the young core and I’d argue he’s made the least progress in that sense(at least to this point).

With that said, he’s proven his floor is a rotational player on a good team.


We actually do know BIs workout habits and he’s a proven hard worker and gym rat


Yeah, when a guy is literally locked out of the gym because he's working TOO hard... I'd say the kid is a hard worker. Pretty sure GT has verified he's a work horse iirc?


He's working with two different trainers this year. Strength and skills training. Magic/Pelinka have said he's a hard worker. So has Luke. So has his teammates. Based on what we actually have to go by, he's a hard worker.

This "we don't actually know" spin can apply to virtually anyone we don't know personally so that's a ridiculous take.


Yes it does apply to almost all athletes because the information is generally not made public. Our FO says that about everybody. My point is simply that you can’t say he’s a hard worker so we shouldn’t trade him. We don’t know that and the fact he’s working with independent trainers instead of at the team facilities doesn’t prove he works harder or less hard than anybody else on the roster. It’s just something that fans use to prop up their favorites and put down the ones they don’t like as much.


Quote:
Brandon was just a beast the way he worked this offseason…The way he was working in the weight room and on the court, he’s a leader. He definitely has that Magic Johnson Kobe Bryant mentality about him where if he sees you in his way he’s going to find a way through you.


Rob Pelinka

Quote:
“The guy only cares about winning and basketball,” Johnson said. “He’s quiet and doesn’t do anything else. He is a very intelligent young man and is our hardest worker.”


Magic Johnson

Quote:
“When you have that type of work ethic and you can play basketball the way he can,” Lakers coach Luke Walton said, “he’s going to continue to get better and better at different things.”


Luke Walton

It's one thing for Magic Johnson to compliment Ingram's work ethic, it's another thing for him to straight up say "Yep, that guy is our hardest worker".


Didn’t he say that last off-season? Regardless, it’s PR for the most part. I’m not saying he’s lazy by any means but I don’t think he’s an outlier as far as how hard he works.


Your word vs. Magic, Pelinka, Luke

Hard choice, but imma have to disagree with you here chief
_________________
Did Jordan Clarkson think Metta's 3 at the end was going in? "I don't know. He was shaking like a stripper in the corner."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1ngr4m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 5606

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

It's kinda funny, the same guys I'm replying to now a days about Ingram told me he would be traded at the start of the off season.



some things never get old, and Ingram making posters on LG look silly is one of them
_________________
Did Jordan Clarkson think Metta's 3 at the end was going in? "I don't know. He was shaking like a stripper in the corner."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7952
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GODBE wrote:
When I watch Ingram play, I see a borderline bust. Maybe I just don't know basketball, but I would try to get as much value as possible for him before he gets exposed next season.




So he put up better numbers than Gianis and Leonard at his age so clearly they are busts too.


Right because all development is linear


I am sure there were plenty of people on message boards when Leonard and Gianis were young who called them busts because they did not put up good numbers. I am sure plenty of people on message boards wanted them to be traded for an "established" star before they became all-stars.

Yes it is a gamble to hold onto BI, but considering the fact that BI is putting up better numbers than two guys who became great players at the same age, has a very good work ethic, no crazy dad ect, I think that it is a very reasonable gamble that has a big potential pay off.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2001
Posts: 10241

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

GODBE wrote:

I watched almost every game last season. I just see a player who is slow, uncoordinated, low skill, questionable IQ with bad defense and a cancerous play style. The team usually plays worse when he is on the court. I don't think his play style works on a winning team so next season it could get ugly for him. This is just what my eye test tells me and I could be totally wrong, of course.


You need to work on your troll game because this is some weak stuff. I mean if you wanted to stir up stuff by saying you don't think Ingram will be a replacement level player, or he's not a starter on a good team, sure. That would fire up Team Ingram and they'd tell you how he's going to be a star. But your take? That's like saying "I've spent every day of my life on planet Earth. I don't believe there is any gravity on Earth. I have never seen objects falling." That's how far divorced from reality your take is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pokoy
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14133

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

You don’t make the jump BI makes from year 1 to year 2 without putting in the work. Period. You don’t just improve because you’ve played before. See: Ivica Zubac last season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 5375

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
You don’t make the jump BI makes from year 1 to year 2 without putting in the work. Period. You don’t just improve because you’ve played before. See: Ivica Zubac last season.


Putting in the work and being the hardest worker on the team are very different things. I’d like to see him build up his body more before I anoint him with that title. I’d guess Hart is the hardest worker based off of overall improvement both skill wise and physically but that’s just a guess, just like it is when people say that about Ingram.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 2236

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
GODBE wrote:
When I watch Ingram play, I see a borderline bust. Maybe I just don't know basketball but I would try to get as much value as possible for him before he gets exposed next season.


I don't see any bust in his game whatsoever unless he gets injured or doesn't improve.

He is a proven hard worker and has continually improved his game so I don't know where you see bust. Explain?


He’s no bust but he’s far from a proven hard worker IMO. That’s just a term people use to prop up or put down players they like or don’t like. We don’t know these kids workout habits. He needs to work on his body more so than anybody in the young core and I’d argue he’s made the least progress in that sense(at least to this point).

With that said, he’s proven his floor is a rotational player on a good team.


His teammates and magic say Brandon Ingram's a hard worker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tony
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 941

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
pokoy wrote:
You don’t make the jump BI makes from year 1 to year 2 without putting in the work. Period. You don’t just improve because you’ve played before. See: Ivica Zubac last season.


Putting in the work and being the hardest worker on the team are very different things. I’d like to see him build up his body more before I anoint him with that title. I’d guess Hart is the hardest worker based off of overall improvement both skill wise and physically but that’s just a guess, just like it is when people say that about Ingram.


You do realize this is BASKETBALL and not body building right. When they train in the weight room it isn't for aesthetics/to get big
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 1336

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
pokoy wrote:
You don’t make the jump BI makes from year 1 to year 2 without putting in the work. Period. You don’t just improve because you’ve played before. See: Ivica Zubac last season.


Putting in the work and being the hardest worker on the team are very different things. I’d like to see him build up his body more before I anoint him with that title. I’d guess Hart is the hardest worker based off of overall improvement both skill wise and physically but that’s just a guess, just like it is when people say that about Ingram.


You do realize this is BASKETBALL and not body building right. When they train in the weight room it isn't for aesthetics/to get big
This is true, you look at Durant, is he the hardest worker on his team, probably is but he doesn't really look it. Also, BI had to be locked out of the gym because he works too much, more than any on that team. We've already seen his strength last year too, he might be skinny but he has strength in that skinny frame.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 962

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BI may not be a HOFer for all we know, but he is certainly nowhere near a bust.


Yes, there is a good chance he lands in the vast middle of the two. Even if he does turn out to be Prince that puts him closer to the HOF than a bust.


He's already better than Tayshaun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 8425

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

wiry
adjective
1 a wiry man: sinewy, athletic, strong; lean, spare, thin, stringy, skinny. ANTONYMS flabby, frail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Jul 2018
Posts: 376

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Seen a lot of basketball in my life, and I see a star in Ingram!!

But that’s just me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24093

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Y3BI is gonna be nice.
Hoping for the same 3PT% on 4 attempts a game.
I wonder if he can keep the same FTr of .371 with LeBron here though.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 2588

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject:

BI would be going into his JR season in college. People don’t always remember he’s still very young. Building strength takes time and years of work. Slow and steady growth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
StoicChalice392
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 313
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

He's wirey strong. Just needs more el bees to absorb contact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 2062

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
pokoy wrote:
You don’t make the jump BI makes from year 1 to year 2 without putting in the work. Period. You don’t just improve because you’ve played before. See: Ivica Zubac last season.


Putting in the work and being the hardest worker on the team are very different things. I’d like to see him build up his body more before I anoint him with that title. I’d guess Hart is the hardest worker based off of overall improvement both skill wise and physically but that’s just a guess, just like it is when people say that about Ingram.


You're wrong, bro. You've been proven wrong in this thread yet you still want to dig in on your baseless take.

Not only has Ingram been touted by the team as the hardest worker but GoldenThroat aka LakersFilmRoom has also said that BI is a gym rat. Also, the kid has hired the same trainer Oladipo used last season and has posted several of his training videos so far. It's ok to be wrong and admit it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2012
Posts: 2660

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
Seen a lot of basketball in my life, and I see a star in Ingram!!

But that’s just me.


Me too, bro.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1090, 1091, 1092 ... 1398, 1399, 1400  Next
Page 1091 of 1400
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB