Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Supplements

splashmtn wrote:
YSong wrote:
Anyone here ever take Andro or Creatin?

Want to increase metabolism and get leaner ripped etc
leave that creatin alone.

Yeah Creatine will make you look puffier. Try a keto diet and intermittent fasting. It'll do wonders in a short period of time.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Supplements

jonnybravo wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
YSong wrote:

Yeah Creatine will make you look puffier. Try a keto diet and intermittent fasting. It'll do wonders in a short period of time.

That's just creatine monohydrate. Tricreatine malate will give you strength gains without water retention. But I also support IF and HIIT.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Supplements

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
YSong wrote:

That's just creatine monohydrate. Tricreatine malate will give you strength gains without water retention. But I also support IF and HIIT.

Might give that a shot.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

The latest thing is octacreatine infused black seed oil. 8x the gains and your kids will never need booster shots because you won't have kids
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
The latest thing is octacreatine infused black seed oil. 8x the gains and your kids will never need booster shots because you won't have kids
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

I work in the industry so let me ask some of the R&D people for you.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

L-Argyne + copper / zinc /magnesium tabs and basic protein shakes and yer good.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Isn't all of our food packaging (in US) already fortified with everything
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

For those suggesting intermittent fasting, hasn't the conventional wisdom always been that if you're fasting, your body will consume muscle and store fat to protect it from starvation?

The IF articles I'm reading don't address this. Instead, they suggest that IF helps make you leaner.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
For those suggesting intermittent fasting, hasn't the conventional wisdom always been that if you're fasting, your body will consume muscle and store fat to protect it from starvation?

The IF articles I'm reading don't address this. Instead, they suggest that IF helps make you leaner.

From what I’ve read, that starvation thing is separate from IF. Not eating for up to a day won’t send your body into starvation mode, and there are people now doing water taste of a week or more who swear by them. IF advocates say that IF allows your body to break down old cells, which is something our bodies did in the past before civilization allowed us to have as much food as we want and more on a daily basis.

Combining Keto and IF keeps you in ketosis, which has your body burn fat for energy instead of carbs and glucose, and keeps your insulin levels low (higher levels of insulin supposedly block the body from using fat). I haven’t done IF, but I’ve done a Keto lite diet (mostly low carb and adding healthy fats like olive oil and advocados to my diet without worrying about hitting specific macros) for the past year and have dropped the weight I gained after breaking my ankle four or five years ago which killed my exercise routine and then some, losing about 60 pounds.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

From what I’ve read, that starvation thing is separate from IF. Not eating for up to a day won’t send your body into starvation mode, and there are people now doing water taste of a week or more who swear by them. IF advocates say that IF allows your body to break down old cells, which is something our bodies did in the past before civilization allowed us to have as much food as we want and more on a daily basis.

Combining Keto and IF keeps you in ketosis, which has your body burn fat for energy instead of carbs and glucose, and keeps your insulin levels low (higher levels of insulin supposedly block the body from using fat). I haven’t done IF, but I’ve done a Keto lite diet (mostly low carb and adding healthy fats like olive oil and advocados to my diet without worrying about hitting specific macros) for the past year and have dropped the weight I gained after breaking my ankle four or five years ago which killed my exercise routine and then some, losing about 60 pounds.

Impressive. Congrats!!!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

Impressive. Congrats!!!

totally agree..Congrats

and can a person be Keto and keep their Alkaline in check or high..

Once in my life I was pretty serious about my health.. internal and external

Creatine sipped during my workouts helped me push more and be less sore.. recover faster.. Maybe use short term?

Maca is nice

Fat 9 calories per gram
Carbs 4 calories per gram
Protein 4 calories per gram

Protein will help stabilize glucose levels and reduce hunger. It is responsible for building your hair skin and nails..
Simple Carbs - Complex Carbs.. just eat bananas and vegetables
Fats... try to get quality ones.. they are serious energy . NPC - Nutrition Per Calorie.. DHA EPA

I Tracked Everything I Put In My Mouth For A Year and a Half
lakerzkb8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject:

If you want to go lean and ripped cut carbs, increase protein, and lift weights. Supplements are not necessary outside of some protein post-workout. Get all of your nutrients from food. Don't waste your money. Invest it into your grocery shopping.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:

Starvation mode? Yeah, maybe if you were stuck in Cave for several days/weeks.

I suggest you watch these videos:

Intermittent fasting is more about giving your body a break heal damaged cells while its not breaking down food. Its a way of life.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

Intermittent fasting is more about giving your body a break heal damaged cells while its not breaking down food. Its a way of life.

To add to that, it's very, VERY easy to do. I was inadvertently doing in for most of my life. My dinner would be 8ish and I normally didn't eat until a late lunch the following day.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

lakerzkb8 wrote:
If you want to go lean and ripped cut carbs, increase protein, and lift weights. Supplements are not necessary outside of some protein post-workout. Get all of your nutrients from food. Don't waste your money. Invest it into your grocery shopping.

in general I agree.....eat clean, supplement with protein (although I would recommend more often than post workout), and have productive workouts. It does not hurt to try creatine or other supplements, but if I would focus on diet, protein consumption and workouts more than any supplement. If you do introduce supplements, I would only try one at a time....so you can easily determine if it is having the desired impact.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

Yeah, I’ve been watching some Dr Jason Fung vids on YouTube myself, and it’s inspired me to start IF 16/8 three times a week to start. Gonna try it for a couple months and see how I feel.
2017 Summer League Champs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject:

I eat healthy and eat a bunch of high protein low fat food. Mostly Triple Zero Oikos Greek yogurt, egg whites, salads, and non fat cottage cheese. I do two hours a night of cardio and lift weights 3 days a week. I take creatine, glutamine, nitrix oxide boosters, amino acids, and L-Arginine pills. I don't ever take a day off. Sometimes testosterone boosters too. What am I doing wrong because I should be in way better shape and have problems gaining musle. What are the best supplements?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject:

2017 Summer League Champs wrote:
I eat healthy and eat a bunch of high protein low fat food. Mostly Triple Zero Oikos Greek yogurt, egg whites, salads, and non fat cottage cheese. I do two hours a night of cardio and lift weights 3 days a week. I take creatine, glutamine, nitrix oxide boosters, amino acids, and L-Arginine pills. I don't ever take a day off. Sometimes testosterone boosters too. What am I doing wrong because I should be in way better shape and have problems gaining musle. What are the best supplements?

If you want to put on size you need to go into a caloric surplus. Go to any online calorie calculator and see what you need based on your height and other factors. Someone will be more specific I'm sure but basically eat a (bleep) ton (hopefully clean as you can but it's often not easy), lift and get big, cut off some of the excess fat when you want to get shredded by cutting.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject:

Aj JB said, you need a caloric surplus to gain weight. Essentially there are 3 steps to take if you want to start gaining muscle.

1. Eat more, get a lot of protein in your diet, get more carbs in your diet.Ideally about a gram of protein per pound of body weight per day.
2. Lift heavy, and make sure you're doing compound exercises (eg. squats, deadlifts, bench press, etc...)
3. Make sure you're consistent with your workouts and also consistently getting rest, so you're not training chest 3 times a week and that's not getting any time to heal, and also so you're not skipping something else entirely.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
2017 Summer League Champs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

Aj JB said, you need a caloric surplus to gain weight. Essentially there are 3 steps to take if you want to start gaining muscle.

1. Eat more, get a lot of protein in your diet, get more carbs in your diet.Ideally about a gram of protein per pound of body weight per day.
2. Lift heavy, and make sure you're doing compound exercises (eg. squats, deadlifts, bench press, etc...)
3. Make sure you're consistent with your workouts and also consistently getting rest, so you're not training chest 3 times a week and that's not getting any time to heal, and also so you're not skipping something else entirely.

Awesome. Thanks guys. Do you think I'm taking decent supplements or should I be taking something else?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: