LA Bron and Rondo vs Paul and Harden
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: LA Bron and Rondo vs Paul and Harden

I don’t think anyone questions If Lebron beats out Harden but can Rondo cancel our Paul

Rondo vs Chris Paul

Rondo 13pts 12rebs 12ast

Chris Paul 20pts 9rebs 6ast

I can’t wait to see how Lebron and Rondo match up with Paul and Harden Steph and Durant.
Flashback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

7 more ast means + 14-21 points
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

CP3 will cancel himself out by the playoffs.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Is it me, or are assist averages starting to become less impressive than in years past?

I can't recall another era of the NBA where guys like Harden, Westbrook, etc. average 8-10 assists like it's nothing impressive.

I remember the post Jordan guard era with Vince Carter, Iverson, Kobe, and T-Mac where they would average 5-6 assists per game and that was considered impressive.

Players have become better shooters, defenses aren't as locked down, and a player shooting below 45% is considered dismal.

Statistically, scoring 25+ points, grabbing 5-8 boards and averaging 6-8 assists has become commonplace for most all stars.

Does that equate to better talent? Or just an ever changing game that depends more on spread offenses and efficient shooting/scoring?

Would love to hear some opinions on this.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
chantruong wrote:

I cannot and will not ever understand or fathom how Houston gave him a $150 million contract, while losing two of their top role players, and not gaining anyone else substantial thus far in the off season. They have made questionable after questionable decisions, and those last 2 years (if not 3) of CP3's contract are going to haunt them plenty.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: LA Bron and Rondo vs Paul and Harden

Car54 wrote:
I don’t think anyone questions If Lebron beats out Harden but can Rondo cancel our Paul

Rondo vs Chris Paul

Rondo 13pts 12rebs 12ast

Chris Paul 20pts 9rebs 6ast

I can’t wait to see how Lebron and Rondo match up with Paul and Harden Steph and Durant.

bron vs harden

Zo+Rondo vs CP3.

CP3 doesnt like playing vs pg's with length.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

Exactly - he breaks down like Dollar store China doll
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

GTL wrote:
Is it me, or are assist averages starting to become less impressive than in years past?

I can't recall another era of the NBA where guys like Harden, Westbrook, etc. average 8-10 assists like it's nothing impressive.

I remember the post Jordan guard era with Vince Carter, Iverson, Kobe, and T-Mac where they would average 5-6 assists per game and that was considered impressive.

Players have become better shooters, defenses aren't as locked down, and a player shooting below 45% is considered dismal.

Statistically, scoring 25+ points, grabbing 5-8 boards and averaging 6-8 assists has become commonplace for most all stars.

Does that equate to better talent? Or just an ever changing game that depends more on spread offenses and efficient shooting/scoring?

you did a good job of posing then answering your own question. yes yes and yes.

the moment the league said no more perimeter defense. It changed a lot of the statistics we grew up on.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

GTL wrote:

they are far more loose in assigning assists today than they were in those era's. I bet on average 50-75% assists on average would have been considered assists in previous era's. It has become very subjective.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Houston isn't the team we're trying to beat. Any team not named GSW would probably fall victim to a Lebron-lead team in the playoffs. Just like how it's been for the past eight years.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
GTL wrote:

the moment the league said no more perimeter defense. It changed a lot of the statistics we grew up on.

Yeah, all that and I think pace of play has increased dramatically which inflates some of the numbers. Pace is even dramatically different now compared to the Lakers vs. Celtics 2010 Finals.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
GTL wrote:

Yeah, all that and I think pace of play has increased dramatically which inflates some of the numbers. Pace is even dramatically different now compared to the Lakers vs. Celtics 2010 Finals.

It's almost a completely different game.

I watched games 6 and 7 of the 2010 finals recently and it was like I was watching a completely different league from this years playoff/finals.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

^^^ Players were actually throwing the ball in the post
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
^^^ Players were actually throwing the ball in the post

Help defense in the post actually existed!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

CP3 and Harden all day!
Are we talking about doing State farm commercials?
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

I like our chances alot in that tag team matchup.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Who's going to stop high flying dunks by Capela?
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

CP3 reminds me of the highly modified VW GTi I owned. Great when it's running by sooooo unreliable.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

We all know how Harden is in the playoffs. I think the Cavs would have swept them if they made the finals.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Who's going to stop high flying dunks by Capela?

Josh Hart. Next question...
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Houston isn't the team we're trying to beat. Any team not named GSW would probably fall victim to a Lebron-lead team in the playoffs. Just like how it's been for the past eight years.

You're wrong about that we're trying to beat everyone and Hou may be the team we have to beat to get a date with the warriors
KAJtheGOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
GTL wrote:

It's almost a completely different game.

I watched games 6 and 7 of the 2010 finals recently and it was like I was watching a completely different league from this years playoff/finals.

PJX VS Walton/Kerr System
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I don't get it? Everyone is criticizing the Lakers. Houston has lost Ariza and Moute and they are talking about replacing them with Melo and Young. Relationship with Capela going sour?

I think the Lakers are a better team right now then the Rockets as currently constructed.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

We don't know what CP3 will look like this season. His body has had a lot of damage over the years. MDA is going to have to reduce his minutes even more this season. I'd say the combo of Zo and Rondo at the 1 for us will be just as good as CP3's impact for the Rockets this season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: