OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 315, 316, 317 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Mychael Thompson was on today with Marcellus and Travis. When asked to rank the current young core he said Kuzma first, Ingram second, Hart third then Lonzo. He just love Kuzma's game and confidence.

I'd put Ingram first then Kuz, although Kuz is the more aggressive and confident scorer so I wouldn't be completely shocked if Kuz ends up making a bigger impact on offense this season.

I can see Ingram in the Pippen/TMac role to Kuzma's Jordan/Vince.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
Mychael Thompson was on today with Marcellus and Travis. When asked to rank the current young core he said Kuzma first, Ingram second, Hart third then Lonzo. He just love Kuzma's game and confidence.

WUT lol I thought Mychal was a Lonzo fan!!

I can't wait for this year.
Gonna be Crow year for some of us.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

Travis was wow, you got Hart over Lonzo?! Mychael was like have you seen the way Hart's been playing in Summer League?

Last edited by DocK36 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

Yeah, I'm a little surprised. Is Thompson around for practices or privy to behind the scenes info on the guys?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

Travis was wow, you got Hart over Lonzo?! Mychael was like have you seen the way Hart's been playing in Summer League?

Uh, did he not see the way Lonzo played in SL last year?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Judah wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Alphas:

KCP
Hart
LBJ
Kuzma
Rondo
Wagner
Lance

Betas:

Lonzo
Deng
BI
Lopez
McGee (?)
Svi
Zubac

This whole ALPHA/BETA thing is a bunch of (bleep).

What makes Lonzo not an alpha? He broke high school basketball, dominated at UCLA, was the 2nd pick and is the face of a successful BBB company because of his persona. Is it because he's a pass first player?

What makes BI not an alpha? He keeps to himself, he works hard and no one really (bleep) with him. Any scrap he's near, he gets involved. He 100% fits the quite alpha male archtype. You know those dudes who keep to themselves, but everyone respects and no one (bleep) with?

And what makes the other guys alpha? Because they take more shots, because they're louder or because you find them more attractive?

I'm confused how this works. Plus if we got 7 alphas, we got a whole new problem to worry about.

We have one alpha male on our team and it's Lebron James. Everyone else better find their role and try to fit in.

Yeah, BI is definitely an alpha based off of what Luke and Magic have said about him. The fact that he's kind of quiet and to himself doesn't mean he isn't an alpha. He went into last year believing he was the man and that last year's team was his. Granted, he’ll have to take a backseat the next few years, but he’ll be learning a lot from LeBron and the other vets about what it takes to be a leader.

BI is Alpha. If he wasn’t he would have been traded along with Deng right after DLO.

Why?
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Alphas:

KCP
Hart
LBJ
Kuzma
Rondo
Wagner
Lance

Betas:

Lonzo
Deng
BI
Lopez
McGee (?)
Svi
Zubac

Change Bi to Alpha and LAbron to Omega and you are correct.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

I'm sure Mychal remembers SL last year, which makes me wonder if he's seen anything in practice or behind the scenes that makes him rank Lonzo dead last amongst our young core.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

I'd put Ingram first then Kuz, although Kuz is the more aggressive and confident scorer so I wouldn't be completely shocked if Kuz ends up making a bigger impact on offense this season.

I can see Ingram in the Pippen/TMac role to Kuzma's Jordan/Vince.

Agree on the relative roles (Kuz will get buckets, Ingram should fill up the stat sheet). Easy to forget Kuz is 2 years older than Ingram though. 22 year old Ingram could easily be a better player than Kuz will ever be.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Random thoughts on "Alpha." Kuz is Alpha. Fires teammates up, barks loud, gets the crowd standing. Mo Wagner is Alpha like a kid in a candy store. Rondo - way Alpha. Kobe - well, it's Chuck Norris territory. Kobe wasn't Alpha, Alpha was Kobe when it tried hard.

BI, Lonzo, they've got plenty of bite, I'd like to see a little more bark to go with it.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Judah wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

I'm sure Mychal remembers SL last year, which makes me wonder if he's seen anything in practice or behind the scenes that makes him rank Lonzo dead last amongst our young core.

I wasn’t really wondering if he watched SL last year. Of course he did. I’m poking at the fact that he’s using SL as the measuring stick to rank Hart above Lonzo. By the same measure Lonzo should still be ahead. Hart is dominating SL as a second year player, but Lonzo dominated lastyear, so just imagine how dominant he would’ve been this year had he played. Thompson is tripping.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm hoping he doesn't go too "Hollywood" and just focus on basketball.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
While Ingram’s frame remains lean, and a constant source of amusement for his teammates, the second-year small forward has really filled out this season.

As a more diversified scorer, as a defender. And, perhaps most critically, as a leader.

“You can see it when you’re around him every day,” Walton said. “You see how the guys react to him. … That comes from being a leader. They look at him and they get confidence from him when he’s playing well. When we need a bucket, they call his number out there to get him the ball.”

No, Ingram is not the kind of player who will scream at his teammates or motivate vocally. But Coach Luke Walton says Ingram does not need to become a Russell Westbrook or Draymond Green type of leader for the rest of the Lakers to follow him.

“You can definitely be a quiet alpha,” Walton said.

The comparison who came to mind for the Lakers coach was his point guard in college at Arizona: Jason Gardner.

“He was the only guy on our team who didn’t talk,” Walton said. “He was the leader of our group there.”

Ingram has often spoken up after bad losses, taking accountability for the Lakers’ performances. After the Lakers met as a team amid a nine-game losing streak, no player spoke out as forcefully about their need to listen to each other – and for the coaches to listen to the players – than Ingram.

“I’ve seen him get loud at times,” Walton said, “and I think when he does speak up, guys really do listen because it doesn’t happen often.”

The perception from outsiders always seems to be that Kuz is the leader amongst the young core just because he likes to talk, but the FO and the coaching staff have always said it’s BI. His voice is the one that breaks the huddles.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Can ever become strong enough or good enough on defense to play small ball 5 for us someday? He has the length and the outside (bleep) making. His defense on Porzingis was surprisingly good last season. But he’s not a shot blocker and his defense is meh so far.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Can ever become strong enough or good enough on defense to play small ball 5 for us someday? He has the length and the outside (bleep) making. His defense on Porzingis was surprisingly good last season. But he’s not a shot blocker and his defense is meh so far.

I think so...not until around his prime though. KD does it
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Quote:
While Ingram’s frame remains lean, and a constant source of amusement for his teammates, the second-year small forward has really filled out this season.

As a more diversified scorer, as a defender. And, perhaps most critically, as a leader.

“You can see it when you’re around him every day,” Walton said. “You see how the guys react to him. … That comes from being a leader. They look at him and they get confidence from him when he’s playing well. When we need a bucket, they call his number out there to get him the ball.”

No, Ingram is not the kind of player who will scream at his teammates or motivate vocally. But Coach Luke Walton says Ingram does not need to become a Russell Westbrook or Draymond Green type of leader for the rest of the Lakers to follow him.

The comparison who came to mind for the Lakers coach was his point guard in college at Arizona: Jason Gardner.

“He was the only guy on our team who didn’t talk,” Walton said. “He was the leader of our group there.”

Ingram has often spoken up after bad losses, taking accountability for the Lakers’ performances. After the Lakers met as a team amid a nine-game losing streak, no player spoke out as forcefully about their need to listen to each other – and for the coaches to listen to the players – than Ingram.

“I’ve seen him get loud at times,” Walton said, “and I think when he does speak up, guys really do listen because it doesn’t happen often.”

The perception from outsiders always seems to be that Kuz is the leader amongst the young core just because he likes to talk, but the FO and the coaching staff have always said it’s BI. His voice is the one that breaks the huddles.

I really liked that part about Ingram getting riled up at the team meeting. There is no way a kid with that type of heart + work ethic doesn't become a star.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Judah wrote:
Quote:

I really liked that part about Ingram getting riled up at the team meeting. There is no way a kid with that type of heart + work ethic doesn't become a star.

If that's what's happening behind the scenes then I'm happy to hear it too.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma will never be small ball 5. We had one in Randle and Bryant and squandered them away.

Kuzma is a little bit of everything from a scorers perspective. It will be interesting to see how much he has improved this year. BI more of a playmakers and better all round game. I expect both players to take big leaps next year with Hart too.

Lonzo may will improve but may not as much as Kuz, BI and Hart due to the knee limiting his practice time. Still he has worked on his body and his BBall IQ so expect improvement with him too.

I think Kuz with the added strength will be fun to watch in the low post where he has the makings of a star.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Kuzma will never be small ball 5. We had one in Randle and Bryant and squandered them away.

Kuzma is a little bit of everything from a scorers perspective. It will be interesting to see how much he has improved this year. BI more of a playmakers and better all round game. I expect both players to take big leaps next year with Hart too.

Lonzo may will improve but may not as much as Kuz, BI and Hart due to the knee limiting his practice time. Still he has worked on his body and his BBall IQ so expect improvement with him too.

I think Kuz with the added strength will be fun to watch in the low post where he has the makings of a star.

Bryant wasn’t a smallball 5 either, he moved in mud on perimeter D. Imo Kuz will be a fine 5 for 10mpg, all about matchups
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Stretch 5 and small ball 5 isn’t necessarily the same thing. Thomas and Lopez are examples stretch 5s that aren’t small ball. Draymond Green is both.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I think so...not until around his prime though. KD does it

His prime is about 2-3 years
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

Well, If Kuzma is Alpha, then Bonga is Zeta??
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I would not put Kuz at the 5. He is too weak physically not enough on his backside to keep most 5s from bullying him. Bron will be our small ball 5
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
I would not put Kuz at the 5. He is too weak physically not enough on his backside to keep most 5s from bullying him. Bron will be our small ball 5
LOL is like you guys havent been watching the NBA. no 1 is playing thrugh their C anymore. if we play Kuzma at C teams will be FORCED to go small and if not we will basically be trading 3pt for 2pt. That is the GSW philosophy.

Imagine Gobert for example trying to post him up, then you have Ingram, Lebron, etf doubling him... Now imagine on the other side of the court. Gobert trying to stay with kuzma...

We have a bunch of guys who can rebound and push and kuzma will outrun C’s everytime and rim run every pos.

another thing is you dont want your C at the 3pt line with kuzma with leron attacking the basket.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject:

Kuzma, I think, is gonna be the closest Robin to LeBron's Batman.

Other players have higher ceilings than he does but when its tight he has that attitude and that relentlessness that brought us back into quite a few games we really had no business being in and at times even paced us to a couple of victories.

Hard to tell if he starts on opening night or even as the season progresses, a small detail in the larger picture I think but I expect him on the floor in the 4th more so than any other player not named Lebron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 315, 316, 317 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 316 of 880
Jump to: