OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1103, 1104, 1105 ... 1394, 1395, 1396  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57915

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Everybody knows his basketball potential is very high. Being injury prone is my biggest concern. He missed 30 games last year with various ailments. Now he has a torn meniscus and he has received PRP injections in his knee.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7502
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

gaogi wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Rob Pelinka says Lonzo Ball will be 100% ready for training camp, but his management team is evaluating options for treating his knee.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1017113084861616128


Lakers FO says he'll be ready, his camp says otherwise. I feel like i've seen this movie before...
it could be more but you could also read it as he doesn't want to go to San Antonio. So why not confuse the spurs into thinking he's not ready?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 2210

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

It makes no sense that Pelinka said the team can't talk about his knee injury. Why the hell not? Sounds very suspicious
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 14110

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
It makes no sense that Pelinka said the team can't talk about his knee injury. Why the hell not? Sounds very suspicious


Yeah that doesn't apply to professional athletes. Weird to say the least.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pokoy
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14153

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

gaogi wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Rob Pelinka says Lonzo Ball will be 100% ready for training camp, but his management team is evaluating options for treating his knee.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1017113084861616128


Lakers FO says he'll be ready, his camp says otherwise. I feel like i've seen this movie before...


Which movie? The Kawhi Movie? Or the Lavar Ball Tries To Heal Someone By Himself Movie? Either way I don't have a good feeling about this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
StoicChalice392
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 313
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
gaogi wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Rob Pelinka says Lonzo Ball will be 100% ready for training camp, but his management team is evaluating options for treating his knee.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1017113084861616128


Lakers FO says he'll be ready, his camp says otherwise. I feel like i've seen this movie before...


Which movie? The Kawhi Movie? Or the Lavar Ball Tries To Heal Someone By Himself Movie? Either way I don't have a good feeling about this.



are we talking about the PG13 version or the unedited version?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 2491

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Hence the rondo signing. There shouldn’t be any pressure for Zo to come back before hes nOt ready
_________________
The KUZ is Loose!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pokoy
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14153

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Hence the rondo signing. There shouldn’t be any pressure for Zo to come back before hes nOt ready


Then damn we should have drafted De'Anthony Melton and we would have Zo covered for the whole season....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24800

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Hence the rondo signing. There shouldn’t be any pressure for Zo to come back before hes nOt ready


Then damn we should have drafted De'Anthony Melton and we would have Zo covered for the whole season....


Melton had 2 1/2 good games in summer league Vegas so far.
One dud.
Interested to see how he continues to show out.
I understand people wanting him over Bonga, but I think it's a wait and see before we think Melton can handle the Lakers starting spot for the year.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 29373

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

what kinda side ways talk is this?

He might need surgery...

He will be healthy for the season opener...

Those two statements contradict each other
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 2491

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

With all the players having issues with their team over injuries just let them decide when they want to come back to they cant blame anyone
_________________
The KUZ is Loose!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RichD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 1839

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo is made of paper. Hope he gets better in a few years like Curry did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7502
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
It makes no sense that Pelinka said the team can't talk about his knee injury. Why the hell not? Sounds very suspicious

There's medical privacy rights that people have that are protected by a law with the acronym HIPPA. The season is over and now only Lonzo has the authority to release his medical information. It was recently discussed by Mason & Ireland on ESPN. His right to privacy in the off season is protected by those laws. The same law was violated by Philadelphia's GM when he anonymously revealed on Twitter that Jahlil Okafor failed a physical.


Last edited by lakersboy on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 17083

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
what kinda side ways talk is this?

He might need surgery...

He will be healthy for the season opener...

Those two statements contradict each other


If he got the surgery now he would have about 13 weeks until the opener.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 2210

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
It makes no sense that Pelinka said the team can't talk about his knee injury. Why the hell not? Sounds very suspicious

There's medical rights that people have that are protected by a law with the acronym HIPPA. The season is over and now only Lonzo jas the authority to release his medical information. What he does in the off season is protected by those laws.


I understand HIPPA but I have never seen this happen in pro sports. When a player is injured even in the offseason the team always releases what the injury is and a treatment plan/recovery timetable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7502
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
It makes no sense that Pelinka said the team can't talk about his knee injury. Why the hell not? Sounds very suspicious

There's medical rights that people have that are protected by a law with the acronym HIPPA. The season is over and now only Lonzo jas the authority to release his medical information. What he does in the off season is protected by those laws.


I understand HIPPA but I have never seen this happen in pro sports. When a player is injured even in the offseason the team always releases what the injury is and a treatment plan/recovery timetable.
Lakers announcer John Ireland recently discussed that exact point on his show and said the Lakers can't talk about. That was before Pelinka mentioned it recently.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Practice
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 3764

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
what kinda side ways talk is this?

He might need surgery...

He will be healthy for the season opener...

Those two statements contradict each other

No they don't. It just means that the recovery time isn't long in either scenario.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Practice
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 3764

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Hence the rondo signing. There shouldn’t be any pressure for Zo to come back before hes nOt ready

The team would've needed to sign another guard anyways because Lonzo was the only one under contract.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24800

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
It makes no sense that Pelinka said the team can't talk about his knee injury. Why the hell not? Sounds very suspicious

There's medical rights that people have that are protected by a law with the acronym HIPPA. The season is over and now only Lonzo jas the authority to release his medical information. What he does in the off season is protected by those laws.


I understand HIPPA but I have never seen this happen in pro sports. When a player is injured even in the offseason the team always releases what the injury is and a treatment plan/recovery timetable.
Lakers announcer John Ireland recently discussed that exact point on his show and said the Lakers can't talk about. That was before Pelinka mentioned it recently.


Thought it was the norm but became a thing because Momo said the Lakers can't talk about it only if Lonzo's camp says the Lakers aren't allowed to talk about it. And she's suggesting that Lonzo's camp isn't dissuading the Lakers from talking about it.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7


Last edited by epak on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RichD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 1839

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject:

Lonzo better get his (bleep) together soon or he will be gone. He's staring to remind me of Russell. Injury prone and not 100 percent into basketball. Rondo is for sure going to take his starting spot. He doesn't seem that into basketball. To much other stuff going on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24800

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
Lonzo better get his (bleep) together soon or he will be gone. He's staring to remind me of Russell. Injury prone and not 100 percent into basketball. Rondo is for sure going to take his starting spot. He doesn't seem that into basketball. To much other stuff going on.


This narrative that he's not 100% into basketball is mind boggling.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 25335
Location: Texoma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject:

No need for consternation if you trust what Rob said. He said that no matter what procedure is decided upon Zo will be ready for training camp. If he doesn't make the start of training camp then we can P & M.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24800

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
No need for consternation if you trust what Rob said. He said that no matter what procedure is decided upon Zo will be ready for training camp. If he doesn't make the start of training camp then we can P & M.


Camp is in Octobe? r... 2 and half months?
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1538
Location: London

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
gaogi wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Rob Pelinka says Lonzo Ball will be 100% ready for training camp, but his management team is evaluating options for treating his knee.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1017113084861616128


Lakers FO says he'll be ready, his camp says otherwise. I feel like i've seen this movie before...


Which movie? The Kawhi Movie? Or the Lavar Ball Tries To Heal Someone By Himself Movie? Either way I don't have a good feeling about this.


I don't think its a Kawhi situation. In fact I think it's the opposite. They're probably harping on the injury to ensure that Lonzo isn't traded. Lavar must be terrified to death that Lonzo is the center piece for a Kawhi trade. The more serious they make Lonzo's injury to be, the less likely the Spurs or some other team in a 3 team trade would want him.

Lonzo is nowhere established enough to pull a Kawhi. There's still serious question marks over his game. Pulling a Kawhi would be career suicide for Lonzo, although Lavar did single handedly ruin any prospect of Liangelo having a nba career by pulling the latter out of UCLA, so what do I know?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 21387

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
It makes no sense that Pelinka said the team can't talk about his knee injury. Why the hell not? Sounds very suspicious

There's medical rights that people have that are protected by a law with the acronym HIPPA. The season is over and now only Lonzo jas the authority to release his medical information. What he does in the off season is protected by those laws.


I understand HIPPA but I have never seen this happen in pro sports. When a player is injured even in the offseason the team always releases what the injury is and a treatment plan/recovery timetable.


There was an issue about Jason Pierre Paul a few years back. ESPN managed to get a copy of his medical records from the hospital where his finger was amputated. However, the HIPAA issue was limited to the actual medical records. I don't know why HIPAA would restrict Pelinka from talking about the knee injury.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1103, 1104, 1105 ... 1394, 1395, 1396  Next
Page 1104 of 1396
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB