The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 704, 705, 706 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Judah wrote:
Come on, Jerry. You guys got disastrous PR results for trading Blake in January, all for the purpose of what? Creating cap space to get LeBron this summer...and you didn’t even get a meeting. You traded your franchise player for nothing and now you’re probably gonna stink for the next few decades...again.

He is a Clippers consultant (they play in Los Angeles) and saying it was a done deal L.A. Bron wanted to go to Los Angeles.

Well he was right about that....guess what Jerry? No one in LA or nationwide takes the Clippers seriously or ever will until they leave LA.

I’ve been rooting for Anaheim or San Diego Clippers for years. I’d be first to celebrate their move if and when it occurs

Off topic. Love your avatar. Reminds me of my late tortoise Danny. 20 years in our family and past away this February.

No. Move the Clippers out of California. Don't move to other Laker territories like Nevada, Hawaii and New Mexico. Move them back to Bufflalo or move them to Seattle.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Person vandalizing mural caught on camera:

https://twitter.com/nbalakersnation/status/1017274411710156800?s=21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

This is bugging me. I don’t get it. He didn’t beat the Lakers. Don’t get the hate. The only thing I see is Kobe stans being threatened by another GOAT candidate. The same people want Kawhi who is doing an org more dirty than LeBron ever did. Kobe is retired, move on, get over it or retire your lakers fandom
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/86aus/status/1017274396459786241
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nice!!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nice!!!!

It’s amazing!!!
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

This is bugging me. I don’t get it. He didn’t beat the Lakers. Don’t get the hate. The only thing I see is Kobe stans being threatened by another GOAT candidate. The same people want Kawhi who is doing an org more dirty than LeBron ever did. Kobe is retired, move on, get over it or retire your lakers fandom

It also bothers me, but it is also possible that it wasn't a Kobe fan that did it. Plenty of people from all over the world live in LA. From Cavs fans to Celtics fans. Even a handful of Clipper fans. Sixer fans are probably the most angry about Lebron coming here from what I've seen online.

I know Kobe fans exist that aren't real Laker fans. Same with Lebron fans that weren't real Cavs fans. Are Kobe fans that angry about Lebron coming? Kobe himself embraced him coming here. I would think other teams fans would be more angry about it.

Whoever did it screw you.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nice!!!!

It’s amazing!!!

Awesome pic!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Hope Jerry West remembers what organization he made his name with......just remember the Clippers almost tarnished the name of another Laker legend by handcuffing him during his work as their GM.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Why are you assuming it's a Lakers fan or even a Kobe fan? So odd.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Either way, it looked more like Greg Oden anyway lol.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Artesties wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Why are you assuming it's a Lakers fan or even a Kobe fan? So odd.

Do you think it was a Chucky Atkins fan then?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Artesties wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

It also bothers me, but it is also possible that it wasn't a Kobe fan that did it. Plenty of people from all over the world live in LA. From Cavs fans to Celtics fans. Even a handful of Clipper fans. Sixer fans are probably the most angry about Lebron coming here from what I've seen online.

I know Kobe fans exist that aren't real Laker fans. Same with Lebron fans that weren't real Cavs fans. Are Kobe fans that angry about Lebron coming? Kobe himself embraced him coming here. I would think other teams fans would be more angry about it.

There’s no doubt that there are multiple fan bases who would potentially have motive. For good measure, the Raptors should be thrown in as well. But of all the different groups, which would seem to be the most likely? I would say the Kobe fanboys. It’s one thing to dislike LeBron, but it’s quite another thing to take it to this extreme. This is a display of raw, unadulterated hatred. Why would some Sixer fan or Clipper fan be that offended by the mural? The Sixers didn’t become good until this past season. They stunk for almost a decade up until recently. The Clippers stink, but that’s not exactly BREAKING NEWS. Aside from a few, brief playoff appearances in recent years, they’ve always stunk. In other words, the fans from both of those teams are accustomed to taking L’s. The most I could see them doing is rolling their eyes at the mural.

But Kobe fanboys on the other hand? Totally different dynamic. They’ve hated LeBron passionately throughout his career in a much more unique way because of Kobe. Just look at the vast number of posts in this thread by the folks who bash him relentlessly (and randomly) for some of the dumbest reasons you’d ever hear in your life. It’s ridiculous. My bet would easily go to that group. They saw their number one enemy in life wearing a Lakers uniform with the hype train of the entire city riding behind him and the match was lit. For them it was like coming home from a long day at work, only to find your worst enemy in your own bed sleeping next to your wife.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Cool pic.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Thanks, my new work computer background pic
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
GTL wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Judah wrote:
Come on, Jerry. You guys got disastrous PR results for trading Blake in January, all for the purpose of what? Creating cap space to get LeBron this summer...and you didn’t even get a meeting. You traded your franchise player for nothing and now you’re probably gonna stink for the next few decades...again.

He is a Clippers consultant (they play in Los Angeles) and saying it was a done deal L.A. Bron wanted to go to Los Angeles.

Well he was right about that....guess what Jerry? No one in LA or nationwide takes the Clippers seriously or ever will until they leave LA.

I’ve been rooting for Anaheim or San Diego Clippers for years. I’d be first to celebrate their move if and when it occurs

Off topic. Love your avatar. Reminds me of my late tortoise Danny. 20 years in our family and past away this February.

No. Move the Clippers out of California. Don't move to other Laker territories like Nevada, Hawaii and New Mexico. Move them back to Bufflalo or move them to Seattle.

Specially because if they move to San Diego, Kawhi will sign there
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
eureca wrote:
Artesties wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

There’s no doubt that there are multiple fan bases who would potentially have motive. For good measure, the Raptors should be thrown in as well. But of all the different groups, which would seem to be the most likely? I would say the Kobe fanboys. It’s one thing to dislike LeBron, but it’s quite another thing to take it to this extreme. This is a display of raw, unadulterated hatred. Why would some Sixer fan or Clipper fan be that offended by the mural? The Sixers didn’t become good until this past season. They stunk for almost a decade up until recently. The Clippers stink, but that’s not exactly <b>BREAKING NEWS</b>. Aside from a few, brief playoff appearances in recent years, they’ve always stunk. In other words, the fans from both of those teams are accustomed to taking L’s. The most I could see them doing is rolling their eyes at the mural.

But Kobe fanboys on the other hand? Totally different dynamic. They’ve hated LeBron passionately throughout his career in a much more unique way because of Kobe. Just look at the vast number of posts in this thread by the folks who bash him relentlessly (and randomly) for some of the dumbest reasons you’d ever hear in your life. It’s ridiculous. My bet would easily go to that group. They saw their number one enemy in life wearing a Lakers uniform with the hype train of the entire city riding behind him and the match was lit. For them it was like coming home from a long day at work, only to find your worst enemy in your own bed sleeping next to your wife.

Kobe and LeBron never played each other in the playoffs, had a great relationship between themselves and had different periods of league dominance.

This is like if Jordan signed with us after Magic retired. Would anyone be angry at that?

This is also like when we got Kareem after Wilt retired. Was anyone angry at that?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject:

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry... you get a pass but curb the jealousy
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject:

Jerry's so salty. It's sad that a Lakers legend would try to rain on our parade like this. Jeanie has to be furious.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Judah wrote:
eureca wrote:
Artesties wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

There’s no doubt that there are multiple fan bases who would potentially have motive. For good measure, the Raptors should be thrown in as well. But of all the different groups, which would seem to be the most likely? I would say the Kobe fanboys. It’s one thing to dislike LeBron, but it’s quite another thing to take it to this extreme. This is a display of raw, unadulterated hatred. Why would some Sixer fan or Clipper fan be that offended by the mural? The Sixers didn’t become good until this past season. They stunk for almost a decade up until recently. The Clippers stink, but that’s not exactly <b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b>. Aside from a few, brief playoff appearances in recent years, they’ve always stunk. In other words, the fans from both of those teams are accustomed to taking L’s. The most I could see them doing is rolling their eyes at the mural.

Kobe and LeBron never played each other in the playoffs, had a great relationship between themselves and had different periods of league dominance.

This is like if Jordan signed with us after Magic retired. Would anyone be angry at that?

This is also like when we got Kareem after Wilt retired. Was anyone angry at that?

I think you guys are over thinking motives. He is a vandal. A douche bag low life that is looking for a reason to destroy something just to prove he is anti- social. Very likely high/ drunk and attemting to earn some “respect” with other lowlifes.

There is no social statement or fandom involved. Just some a-hole out to ruin something that someone else created.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject:

I completely understand why Magic didn't want Jerry West as a consultant and that is because West would've gotten credit FOR EVERYTHING Magic and Rob would've accomplished. Magic wanted to do this on his own with Rob. West is allegedly just a "consultant" with the Clippers but look...THE ENTIRE MEDIA AND FANS just assume he is the defacto GM of the Clippers. If you're the GM Mr. West, go do your job and stop throwing shade you jealous old man! You're great...no doubt but this type of response just angers me!!!
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
I completely understand why Magic didn't want Jerry West as a consultant and that is because West would've gotten credit FOR EVERYTHING Magic and Rob would've accomplished. Magic wanted to do this on his own with Rob. West is allegedly just a "consultant" with the Clippers but look...THE ENTIRE MEDIA AND FANS just assume he is the defacto GM of the Clippers. If you're the GM Mr. West, go do your job and stop throwing shade you jealous old man! You're great...no doubt but this type of response just angers me!!!

That's true, and it's a lose/lose situation for the real GM involved. If it works out well, "Jerry West is a genious". If they screw it up, "Jerry West is a mere consultant, not his fault".
I think that could be part of the reason GSW let him go too. "Jerry West built the Warriors" was getting too popular at one point.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:

Jeaolousy is often associated with old age, so I understand your choice of words here in referencing West’s age.

I’m not nearly West’s age. Without looking up, he’s probably got thirty years on me, but, all that being said, I’m jealous.

I’m jealous because I’d love to have your boldness.

If we’re dealing with stereotypes that have legitimacy in reality, an accurate stereotype of young people is that they do and say things that are unintelligible.

It’d be cool to see if your “jealous old man” comment would be as socially acceptable as if I called Lonzo Ball a “dumb young man”.

Simply put, there is no need to call West a “jealous ‘old’ man”. Why not just call him a jealous man? If Ball does something stupid, I shouldn’t call him a dumb young man, but instead, simply call him a dumb man.

If we don’t do these things, then we are no better than people who qualify people’s indentities based on race.

Would it be cool if I called Michael Jordan an irresponsible Black man, or if I called Bill Gates a shady white man? You already know the answer.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

Are people seriously hating on the logo on LAKERSground.net for saying something that is actually true? WOW That is embarassing, to me a small number of Lakers have done enough for the franchise to be immune from any criticism no matter what they say and the logo is the first in line.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: LBJ mural vandalized again; to be removed ASAP

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24072288/artist-paints-lebron-james-mural-more-vandalism
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 704, 705, 706 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 705 of 2079
Jump to: