Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

Video: Svi's Threes!

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/5/17534564/laker-film-room-svi-mykhailiuk-summer-league-stats-video-lakers-draft-kansas
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

good footwork pre-catch and super quick trigger. he's got a role for sure. another great late pick. will bring value whether on the roster or as part of a trade down the line (a la clarkson/nance).
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

Video: Moritz Wagner is a Madman

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/10/17551168/laker-film-room-moritz-wagner-lakers-video-stats-las-vegas-summer-league-michigan
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Video: Moritz Wagner is a Madman

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/10/17551168/laker-film-room-moritz-wagner-lakers-video-stats-las-vegas-summer-league-michigan

pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

I want to see GT's "How will Lance Stephenson fit in with this Laker team" video but I don't want his head to explode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Video: Josh Hart is putting his improvement as a scorer on display for the Lakers

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/12/17559280/laker-film-room-josh-hart-lakers-las-vegas-summer-league-nba-stats-video

Thanks.
Jumping off his right while going to his right... opened my eyes.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
I want to see GT's "How will Lance Stephenson fit in with this Laker team" video but I don't want his head to explode.

I guess Lance is an open floor kinda player, but I don't see anything he does being more on their want list than his ability to F with others. Maybe our peach fuzz crew are too nice. You look at what some have done to Zo without a peep from him, so you sign Rondo and Lance. Lance is kind of Artestian. Pacers coach (iirc) said he was either our best player or our worst. That certainly conjures memories of Ron/Metta. Iono. He's got talent, may be erratic, but it's there. With Brawn and the overall talent of the youth crew, I don't think he'll have enough room to be a true DETRIMENT. The focus will largely be on Brawn. It's like with Kobe, Artest had his quirks, but ultimately he was contained better the Pacers ever contained him. Lance is our next Pacer reclamation project. I'll give Lance a chance.

GT, watch Scanners before you do the Lance piece.
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

It's crazy that even with all the athleticism Lebron has lost over the past 5 years that he is still that good of an athlete. At 33!

I have noticed though it's harder for him to completely blow by a defender now, mostly using bully ball to get a shot off. Curious to see how much he'll have left by the end of his contract. He's so athletic that I think at 38 he'll still be as agile a 30 year old Magic Johnson.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

Awesome work Pete!
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

These videos are going to make that wait until October all the more unbearable.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

It's crazy that even with all the athleticism Lebron has lost over the past 5 years that he is still that good of an athlete. At 33!

I have noticed though it's harder for him to completely blow by a defender now, mostly using bully ball to get a shot off. Curious to see how much he'll have left by the end of his contract. He's so athletic that I think at 38 he'll still be as agile a 30 year old Magic Johnson.

1st off...Pete!!!!! My GAWD...these are SOOOOO Good.

Swapping LBJ for Jules, Rondo for Ennis/Caruso, Javele for BroLo plus with our kids taking another step...this team is about to be electric in transition and smothering D.

I know this is cray cray to say say but I thing we are instantly the #2 team in the association. Boston ain't better than us and Houston took a step back. Had Rondo stayed on NO I'd be worried about them, but quite honestly who is hands down better than us other than GState?

To your point though...LBJ spends 1.5M per year on his body and I have no doubt some of that is quasi legal ponce de leon fountain of youth ish. I thought last year we'd see a regression...and he has arguably the best season of his HoF career.

This team is gonna maul middle and low tier teams and LBJ likely won't have to do the heavy lifting with the way Josh, Kuz, BI, and Zo come to the party. The 2017 draft will go down as a historic one for us similar to the 1996.

#BannersOverBillboards
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

here's a training session by kenny atkinson diving deep into the skip step or double hop you highlight GT

great stuff
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
https://youtu.be/Gf3LprENp7g

here's a training session by kenny atkinson diving deep into the skip step or double hop you highlight GT

great stuff

I like "skip step" a lot better than double hop. This was great, thank you for sharing.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is going to average career highs this season when you take pace into account. We’re going to get a lot of possessions

+ all the playmakers around him and shooters
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

GT,

Thanks for the video on LeBron. I know it's not a high priority but I was wondering if you can do a video on Lance Stephenson. I know there are many here that are upset with the signing.

And by the way congratulations on getting verified on Twitter!
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
pokoy wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

1st off...Pete!!!!! My GAWD...these are SOOOOO Good.

Swapping LBJ for Jules, Rondo for Ennis/Caruso, Javele for BroLo plus with our kids taking another step...this team is about to be electric in transition and smothering D.

I know this is cray cray to say say but I thing we are instantly the #2 team in the association. Boston ain't better than us and Houston took a step back. Had Rondo stayed on NO I'd be worried about them, but quite honestly who is hands down better than us other than GState?

To your point though...LBJ spends 1.5M per year on his body and I have no doubt some of that is quasi legal ponce de leon fountain of youth ish. I thought last year we'd see a regression...and he has arguably the best season of his HoF career.

This team is gonna maul middle and low tier teams and LBJ likely won't have to do the heavy lifting with the way Josh, Kuz, BI, and Zo come to the party. The 2017 draft will go down as a historic one for us similar to the 1996.

Of course, even the 29 year old Magic Johnson was a below average defender and not particularly quick among players who had to defend anyone in space. Joe Dumars ran Magic into the ground continually in '89 and that wearing-down of Magic set up the hamstring tear that ended the Laker chances in the Finals. LeBrontoday is probably quicker than was the 23 year old Magic Johnson (!), even as LJ stands today.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject:

So GT are you releasing stuff on like a weekly schedule now? I seem to remember you saying when you joined The Athletic (really enjoying the Lakers coverage on there so far btw) that you had plans to do like 1 FBG post, 2 short social media videos, one long video a week?

I only ask cause I'm kind of fiending for a new podcast, they make the commute to work SO much better.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
So GT are you releasing stuff on like a weekly schedule now? I seem to remember you saying when you joined The Athletic (really enjoying the Lakers coverage on there so far btw) that you had plans to do like 1 FBG post, 2 short social media videos, one long video a week?

I only ask cause I'm kind of fiending for a new podcast, they make the commute to work SO much better.

Some technical difficulties ate the podcast this week.

We'll have one up on Wednesday, maybe Tuesday if scheduling works out.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

How cool is it you can actually make videos about LEBRON now? Has it sunk in yet that he's a Laker?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
How cool is it you can actually make videos about LEBRON now? Has it sunk in yet that he's a Laker?

Dude, I can't wrap my head around it. Won't sink in until the first game that he actually plays in, methinks.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Some technical difficulties ate the podcast this week.

We'll have one up on Wednesday, maybe Tuesday if scheduling works out.

Great to hear, around then I'm headed to the first festival of the summer here in the UK and that's gonna make the long ass journey there way easier.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

Great stuff GT. It's easy to see how LeBron is going to make things so easy for our young guys. I really appreciated seeing you hone in on BI's feel for cutting off of post-ups. It's really easy for me to see how Lonzo, Kuz, Hart, KCP, Wagner and Svi are going to to fit around LeBron, but I have a harder time seeing how well BI will fit. That portion of the video makes me feel better about BI's ability and willingness to move off the ball.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Great stuff GT. It's easy to see how LeBron is going to make things so easy for our young guys. I really appreciated seeing you hone in on BI's feel for cutting off of post-ups. It's really easy for me to see how Lonzo, Kuz, Hart, KCP, Wagner and Svi are going to to fit around LeBron, but I have a harder time seeing how well BI will fit. That portion of the video makes me feel better about BI's ability and willingness to move off the ball.

I've gone through all of BI's shot attempts this season for videos on him and this LeBron series, and one of the things that struck me was how rarely he scored out of the offense. For example, I couldn't find a single example of him scoring off of a Flex Cut or similar action. I don't know if that's a good thing (untapped ability) or a bad thing (struggles to understand half court offense) yet.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 65 of 93
Jump to: