The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 708, 709, 710 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naf_srekaL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
I agree with ingle. I despise idolatry. It’s part of the reason I rarely say “we” when referencing the Lakers or refer to players in their first name. I’m not part of the LAkers and I don’t know these guys to call them by their first names.

All that being said, the mural, in addition to being poorly worded, is extremely, extremely premature and idolatrous.

I still for the life of me can’t understand how’s any real man can reference James as “King”. As Judah stated a few days ago (big-up Judah), a man should only venerate The Most High, not another mere man.

We are lost in so many ways (myself included).

You must love the statues at Staples then.

Laugh if you’d like, but no true God fearing man would allow a statue to be erected in his honor to be worshipped. Again, man was created to venerate “The Creator” not another man.

Oh my, we're bringing that into this now?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
This vandalism thing is just silly. I mean, the dude has done other murals including a Kobe.

Dislike the signing if you want. But leave the art alone.

I dont think anybody had an issue with art or a mural of the latest Laker. I mean even the Dwight STAY billboard didn't get vandalised FFS.

King of LA was the trigger, can you really make that claim when Lebron hasn't even scored 1 point or played 1 minute for the Lakers? Really ill advised tagline.

Sure "King of LA" was taken out of context and pissed people off. (The artist came on radio and explained that that was not his intent of the meaning.)
But he did remove the "of" after the first vandalism.
And it still got vandalized again. Sad.

Last edited by epak on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

Laugh if you’d like, but no true God fearing man would allow a statue to be erected in his honor to be worshipped. Again, man was created to venerate “The Creator” not another man.

You've done this a couple of times, but please let's try to leave religious views out of this thread. Thanks.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

ChefLinda wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

You've done this a couple of times, but please let's try to leave religious views out of this thread. Thanks.

I appreciate your sincere level of respect and tone. Thank you.
ChefLinda

Also, can't believe I actually have to say this - but LG does not condone breaking the law, including vandalism. And we strongly discourage posters from defending law breaking, celebrating law breaking and/or advocating law breaking. Thanks.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

I appreciate your sincere level of respect and tone. Thank you.

No problem. Thanks.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ingle wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
This vandalism thing is just silly. I mean, the dude has done other murals including a Kobe.

I dont think anybody had an issue with art or a mural of the latest Laker. I mean even the Dwight STAY billboard didn't get vandalised FFS.

King of LA was the trigger, can you really make that claim when Lebron hasn't even scored 1 point or played 1 minute for the Lakers? Really ill advised tagline.

Sure "King of LA" was taken out of context and pissed people off. (The artist came on radio and explained that that was not his intent of the meaning.)

Do you really think people capable of vandalising a mural is going to be doing research on the artist's motivations prior to making an informed decision about whether the mural was to be touched?

Making the claim of King of LA is like waving a red flag at a bull. We've had Kobe, Magic, West for their entire careers and none have gotten anything like this. Add in the fact LA does have a gang/tribal culture and this mural was just asking for trouble.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Dumhead wrote:

Just stop this BS, please. What differentiates your 'trigger' from rationalizing 'this women was raped because her outfit was too revealing and provoking'? - NOTHING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
epak wrote:
ingle wrote:
Dumhead wrote:

Do you really think people capable of vandalising a mural is going to be doing research on the artist's motivations prior to making an informed decision about whether the mural was to be touched?

Making the claim of King of LA is like waving a red flag at a bull. We've had Kobe, Magic, West for their entire careers and none have gotten anything like this. Add in the fact LA does have a gang/tribal culture and this mural was just asking for trouble.

Dude you should read the mods message on this page. Nothing justifies vandalism period. Please stop bringing it up.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:

Just stop this BS, please. What differentiates your 'trigger' from rationalizing 'this women was raped because her outfit was too revealing and provoking'? - NOTHING

The real BS is your gall to compare a mural being vandalized to a woman being raped. Not even in the same universe my friend.

Can we please move on and talk about something else? At this point who cares about the mural, lets talk about Lebron and what he will do for the Lakers.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

Yes, let's get back to basketball if possible. Thanks.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

Equating rape with splashing a bit of paint over another layer of paint on a public building.

Yeah, some of you take sports way too seriously. Get over yourselves, LA bleeds purple and gold and will welcome ANYBODY to play on the Lakers, but don't anybody tell me that making the claim that Lebron is the King of LA before he's played a single game is not going to raise some eyebrows. Hell, pass Anthony Peeler first
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:

Being "triggered" is not a defense in most cases for committing crimes. Especially if the message is not racist or hateful or say a mural of the POTUS. Then the line between vandalism and political expression might run into some gray area. Being triggered because you love Kobe and there is a new King in town is not a legitimate defense in this case. This isn't some street graffiti, it's a mural on a business. That makes this property crime. Stop trying to justify criminals.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
ingle wrote:
Dumhead wrote:

Humans are tremendously flawed.

We cannot do anything we like anytime we want and expect roses every time.

On the contrary, we have to be smart, safe, considerate, and wise.

Nothing legitimate can be said to condone defacing a piece of art, nothing, but the lesson may just be that the artist must consider his environment more and think before he acts.

I’m not mentioning the vandalizers here because they are straight fools and probably hopeless, but there are distinct lessons to be learned from both the victimizer and the victim. In most cases, we are all complicit.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Equating rape with splashing a bit of paint over another layer of paint on a public building.

Yeah, some of you take sports way too seriously. Get over yourselves, LA bleeds purple and gold and will welcome ANYBODY to play on the Lakers, but don't anybody tell me that making the claim that Lebron is the King of LA before he's played a single game is not going to raise some eyebrows. Hell, pass Anthony Peeler first

this guy.

stop justifying vandalism
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ingle wrote:

this guy.

stop justifying vandalism

Is he though? Why don’t you ask him?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

LISTEN TO CHEF LINDA.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerSanity wrote:
32 wrote:
Salty old man.

Quote:
Jerry West: "All due respect to the Lakers, who handled everything well, but as these things go, LeBron was not a tough free-agent signing” https://on.si.com/2ucYqRb

https://twitter.com/TheCrossover/status/1017159169223380992

Jerry.... Magic was there when you went and got Shaq. He stole your move. You should be a proud papa.

I'll support Logo's right of free speech, even what he said here, but having heard the Maginka interview where Rob listed the obstacles in their way when they took over (one of them still being here like a ghost of the past), I'd say the Brawn signing was not a foregone conclusion by any means. They evidently got everything right to set up that signing, and KCP was apparently a contingent. They had to establish from Day 1 the APPEARANCE of a new culture otherwise forget it. Not naming names, but Brawn wouldn't want to play with some of the people who are now gone. He got a taste of that in his final year in Cleveland, to boot. This was a multi-tiered trek in the pursuit of the biggest name in the sport. I love Jerry West and will always consider him the greatest GM in league history if not Auerbach (ugh), but I don't think he took consideration of the state we were in when Mag and Rob took over. They made themselves look viable to the biggest star in the league. That's an outstanding achievement even if we DON'T win a title.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

yinoma2001 wrote:
LISTEN TO CHEF LINDA.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I wonder if Lebron has practiced at the UCLA Health Training Center yet.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Damn, just scrolling up a bit after making a post on Jerry's quote. The hell happened up there?! I gotta see this.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

Who do you guys think is going to be Lebron's favorite target next year? Who will be talking to him the most?

What I like the most about Kuzma this off season is he is seemingly at every Lakers event, whether it be a summer league game or draft workouts. The guy is always next to Magic, Luke, or Rob and it seems as he's really engaged. I hope he's using all this opportunity to absorb knowledge from the greats and I think he will do the same with LBJ.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:

The way you're defending this kind of makes me think you're the responsible party.

And spare us the gang/tribal culture nonsense. The mural is like a block from a Whole Foods, next to a golf course, in a neighborhood with a median home price well into the millions. There's homeless people over there, but there's no gang/tribal culture (unless you want to count yoga gangs) over there anymore.

Again, try that argument with a judge when they haul you into court. It's not going to fly. In a civilized world the onus is upon you to control your behavior when you're triggered. The end. There's nothing else to discuss.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 708, 709, 710 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 709 of 2079
Jump to: