PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1024, 1025, 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Given that it was known around the league that lebron would come to the lakers for at least a month maybe even longer, I think George didn't want to come to the lakers because of lebron. Whether that was because he was planning on being the #1, or because he doesn't want to be blamed for lebron ala kevin love, or some other reason, I don't know. But I think this is one of the largest factors in him not coming here, and why he would not even give Magic a talk.

It was known longer than that..

My guess is sure its possible PG doesn't want to play with LeBron its more likely LeBron didn't want to play with PG once Kawhi became an option.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

not to discount PG or whatever, but I think the Lakers chose Labron agent package over PG13 agent package.

it's probably deals with Lebron's agent that includes max for Labron and then one year of KCP and Rondo with the same agent.

With that, there is no cap room for PG13.

If that choice wasn't presented the Lakers probably would do max PG13 and multi year deal for Randle
nbcbballthemesong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Bill Simmons was semi-joking when he said on his podcast that he thinks Adam Silver put the kibosh on Paul George to the Lakers (behind the scenes) due to the tampering issues. It was an interesting idea, however far-fetched.

The best part of the podcast was how hard they roasted Paul for his "unfinished business" tweet shortly after resigning.

Unfinished business that you didn't get to the 2nd round....or unfinished business that you can take Utah to 7 games (versus 6) next year?

It's pretty obvious that a team can't win a championship with Paul George as your number 2.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

nbcbballthemesong wrote:
Bill Simmons was semi-joking when he said on his podcast that he thinks Adam Silver put the kibosh on Paul George to the Lakers (behind the scenes) due to the tampering issues. It was an interesting idea, however far-fetched.

The best part of the podcast was how hard they roasted Paul for his "unfinished business" tweet shortly after resigning.

Unfinished business that you didn't get to the 2nd round....or unfinished business that you can take Utah to 7 games (versus 6) next year?

It's pretty obvious that a team can't win a championship with Paul George as your number 2.

Silver had nothing to do with this. He would have had to hypnotize PG to make a decision to sign with the Thunder.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

I think its naive to think the commissioner doesn't play a role as to what players go where...
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Dumbass

just saw this
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

I'll be honest here...I didn't want to say it at the time, but I was extremely hesitant to give PG the max. To me, he just didn't seem like a max-type player (borderline, AT BEST). At that time, we were kind of in the "beggars can't be choosers" type zone, so I would have taken anyone...That's not the case with Lebron.

Klay would be a better option than him. Kawhi (healthy) would be a way, way better option than him. We'll see what happens.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

I bet pg13 avgs close to 30 next season
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
If I'm Thunder fan, we literally had a core of Durant, Westbrook, and Harden, all of whom basically have an NBA MVP to a core of washed up Melo, Westbrook and PG13.....depressing.....and its not like they are that good in the playoffs if we look at last year as an example.

And a lux tax that would make even large teams barf.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Given that it was known around the league that lebron would come to the lakers for at least a month maybe even longer, I think George didn't want to come to the lakers because of lebron. Whether that was because he was planning on being the #1, or because he doesn't want to be blamed for lebron ala kevin love, or some other reason, I don't know. But I think this is one of the largest factors in him not coming here, and why he would not even give Magic a talk.

It was known longer than that..

My guess is sure its possible PG doesn't want to play with LeBron its more likely LeBron didn't want to play with PG once Kawhi became an option.

Kawhi isn’t an option
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:

It's impossible to do that playing with Westbrook. Not enough shots available.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

And that is why PG is the definition of a LOSER.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

It's impossible to do that playing with Westbrook. Not enough shots available.

It is possible but perhaps not likely.

Durant did average around 30ppg for several years with Westbrook. It's possible that the touches will come his way, but Paul George hasn't been North of 24 ppg in this league yet. It would take discipline on both players' part.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

PG on why he didn’t give Lakers a meeting:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/thunder/2018/07/27/paul-george-decision-thunder-over-lakers-russell-westbrook/847011002/

Quote:
Yet it’s one thing to not sign with the Lakers, and quite another to not even take a meeting with Magic Johnson and company — or anyone else.

"The reason why I didn’t (take a meeting) is that coming down to free agency and before it was about to open (on July 1), I felt really good where I was at," George said. "I felt I was in a good place with Oklahoma. I wanted to come back to LA. That story was true. The narrative on that was true.

"That's where my heart was. But this year, being in Oklahoma, I felt really good about the situation, I felt really good going forward. I didn’t want to waste nobody’s time and take a meeting. And now I’m straddling the fence, putting more stress and more pressure on the situation. I felt good about it. I felt great where we were at, so I decided to do it early, to get it over with, and start to build. I didn’t get that chance to last summer, because I got traded late in the summer. So I never got that chance to start fresh, to work to get better with Russ and work to get better with the Thunder. So I wanted to attack that early and get ready for my career."

Paul George was scared he would like Magic’s pitch and would be on the fence? WTF
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

None of us should be surprised. He grew up a Clipper fan during the Kobe/Shaq era.

Not a lot of things can remove that kind of stupid. That Clipper loser juice is hard to shake
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-paul-george-lakers-20180727-story.html

He such a wuss and his words are IMHO are disingenuous

Can’t wait till OKC flames out hard next season
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

I’m glad he did what he did instead of dragging it out wasting everyone’s time. It let Magic/Rob know exactly what the landscape was and move on.

I think he will regret that decision, but I don’t fault free agents for the right to go where they want for whatever reason they want.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Straddling the fence...

This guy is mentally weak, he couldn't trust himself. Glad he's not here.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
None of us should be surprised. He grew up a Clipper fan during the Kobe/Shaq era.

Not a lot of things can remove that kind of stupid. That Clipper loser juice is hard to shake

Great point, personally I would have had MORE respect fro George, if he had come out and said something like: "I'm entering my prime years and it is very important to me to maximize my income, so I signed with the team that could pay me the most money..!"

His pansy-wimpy excuse about enjoying his time there or unfinished business is just rubbish, he's dead to me now...!
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Sad but true. He could have said something just like that and end the LA homegrown fantasy.

“You can’t afford me. I got to take care of my grandkids’ grandkids.”

But he just didn’t have the guts to be like that.

End of story.

Bye.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

What if PG13 decided to return to Indiana this summer instead of signing with OKC? Pacers would have to waive/not sign McDermott, Evans, and T. Young resulting in a roster built around PG13, Myles Turner, and Victor Oladipo.

As a silver lining for us, this at least weakens the West with OKC out of contention.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

And that is why PG is the definition of a LOSER.

exactly - winners take risks
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) paul george
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

In that scenario George didn’t come because of Lebron and reportedly Leonard doesn’t want to come because of Lebron. This might not be easy.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I find it weird he was scared of an opportunity. You can listen and say no. Not listening is just dumb.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1024, 1025, 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 1025 of 1028
Jump to: