OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1095, 1096, 1097 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Man, I really riled up the Ingram bunch with this one. Sorry I interrupted, I’ll let you tell each other he’s the next Durant some more.

I love it when people do this. Say something that's totally ridiculous about a player, get pushback, then act like the reason for the pushback is because people are just offended that you dissed their supposed favorite player

That shows you literally aren't listening to why people are objecting.

I’m listening but there aren’t points being made beyond quotes from people with inherently biased opinions. The ignorant side is opposite of me.

Prove that their opinions are biased.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Man, I really riled up the Ingram bunch with this one. Sorry I interrupted, I’ll let you tell each other he’s the next Durant some more.

I love it when people do this. Say something that's totally ridiculous about a player, get pushback, then act like the reason for the pushback is because people are just offended that you dissed their supposed favorite player

Exactly. Just another person who I don't take their takes seriously anymore.

Every argument dude loses he finishes it off with the typical "I'm smarter then you guys, you guys are sensitive and offended by fAcTs".

But no one believes that but him, and quite frankly he's not as smart as he thinks he is. Which is why he gets proven wrong time and time again.

We just gotta stop taking him seriously.

Last edited by Villain6Activated on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Holy sh*t... Prince only exceeded the number of rebounds that Ingram averaged last year once in 13 years. He never exceeded his scoring or assists average. He's considered an elite defender but he never averaged more steals than Ingram did last year. For all his length... even though he started out well... he never blocked anything most of his career.

The only thing Tayshaun did definitively better than Ingram was shoot free throws.

b0x ThCoRes

You can spin the narrative all you want... I watched Tayshaun... and he's a better defender than Ingram at this stage... but he's a lot older and didn't reach his full maturity until around 23-24. Some of you all are remembering this through rose colored glasses. And I don't know how you can be considered at the same level of Kawhi generating half or a third of his steals.

All I'm saying is Ingram is a work in progress and he's already exceeded any steals numbers that Tayshaun put up and he's not reached physical maturity. You can say it's all about intangibles and advanced analytics but I'm thinking it's mostly about a terrific team where Tayshaun complimented it very well.

Ingram had WAY more opportunities on a bad team. Prince fewer opportunities on a better team. Ingram more potential IMO but not near Prince impact at this point.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

I’m listening but there aren’t points being made beyond quotes from people with inherently biased opinions. The ignorant side is opposite of me.

They’re paid by Ingram’s team or by a company that relys on the Lakers popularity.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Every argument dude loses he finishes it off with the typical "I'm smarter then you guys, you guys are sensitive and offended by fAcTs".

But no one believes that but him, and quite frankly he's not as smart as he thinks he is. Which is why he gets proven wrong time and time again.

Instead of claiming I’ve been proven wrong why don’t you do it instead of gossiping about it.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

+1 Glad that this is the topic of discussion though and not us worrying what BI will perform like in another uni.

#BannersOverBillboards
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Instead of claiming I’ve been proven wrong why don’t you do it instead of gossiping about it.

Done it once before, rather argue against a brick wall at this point. You don't have the ability to admit when you're wrong and love to finish every argument calling the other people delusional/stupid/bias etc.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

1ngr4m wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

VLF burner account?

#BannersOverBillboards
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

BigGameHames wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

They’re paid by Ingram’s team or by a company that relys on the Lakers popularity.

That is not proof. That is motive.

I asked for proof.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

+1 Glad that this is the topic of discussion though and not us worrying what BI will perform like in another uni.

Funny cause the guy we're all arguing against has had some of the hottest Brandon Ingram trade takes in the past couple of months.

Brandon is still here though
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Done it once before, rather argue against a brick wall at this point. You don't have the ability to admit when you're wrong and love to finish every argument calling the other people delusional/stupid/bias etc.

Must be cause a brick wall doesn’t disprove your opinion.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Holy sh*t... Prince only exceeded the number of rebounds that Ingram averaged last year once in 13 years. He never exceeded his scoring or assists average. He's considered an elite defender but he never averaged more steals than Ingram did last year. For all his length... even though he started out well... he never blocked anything most of his career.

The only thing Tayshaun did definitively better than Ingram was shoot free throws.

b0x ThCoRes

You can spin the narrative all you want... I watched Tayshaun... and he's a better defender than Ingram at this stage... but he's a lot older and didn't reach his full maturity until around 23-24. Some of you all are remembering this through rose colored glasses. And I don't know how you can be considered at the same level of Kawhi generating half or a third of his steals.

All I'm saying is Ingram is a work in progress and he's already exceeded any steals numbers that Tayshaun put up and he's not reached physical maturity. You can say it's all about intangibles and advanced analytics but I'm thinking it's mostly about a terrific team where Tayshaun complimented it very well.

Ingram had WAY more opportunities on a bad team. Prince fewer opportunities on a better team. Ingram more potential IMO but not near Prince impact at this point.

Ingram played less minutes and put up less than one more shot extra than Tayshaun 12.9 to 12.2... and he averaged 16 to Prince's 14 points.

And he's three to four years younger when he's doing this. It doesn't take a visionary to see that he will get more open looks with LBJ/Rondo/Ball feeding him next season. Just like Tayshaun had Chauncey instead of Ennis, Clarkson and Caruso feeding him for good portions of the season.

Last edited by Sentient Meat on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

That is not proof. That is motive.

I asked for proof.

In a court of law proving motive is a piece of evidence especially when other evidence is unavailable. Considering I don’t know any Lakers reporters personally, that’s the case.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

b0x ThCoRes

Ingram played less minutes and put up less than one more shot extra than Tayshaun 12.9 to 12.2... and he averaged 16 to Prince's 14 points.

And he's three to four years younger when he's doing this. It doesn't take a visionary to see that he will get more open looks with LBJ/Rondo/Ball feeding him next season. Just like Tayshaun had Chauncey instead of Ennis, Clarkson and Caruso feeding him for good portions of the season.

Hit em' up Meat!

Last edited by Luminous8 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Prince was a great defender that's it. Not a shooter not a play maker. I don't think even a garbage team would give the ball to Prince and tell him to go make a play.

Point guards made plays in those days.

so 3's never made any plays eh?
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Prince was a great defender that's it. Not a shooter not a play maker. I don't think even a garbage team would give the ball to Prince and tell him to go make a play.

Oh snap, here I was thinking Kobe and Tracy McGrady were shooting guards, Scottie Pippen and Lamar Odom were small forwards, Garnett and CWebbb were power forwards, Brad Miller was a center didn’t know they were point guards all along, since they made plays for their team, and only point guards made plays in those days they had me fooled

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

b0x ThCoRes

What point is that? Prince didn’t enter the league until the age of 22, Ingram is going on his 3rd at age 20

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Oh snap, here I was thinking Kobe and Tracy McGrady were shooting guards, Scottie Pippen and Lamar Odom were small forwards, Garnett and CWebbb were power forwards, Brad Miller was a center didn’t know they were point guards all along, since they made plays for their team, and only point guards made plays in those days they had me fooled

Ouch and double ouch on VLF.....
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Maybe I didnt watch him enough or its been so long I dont remember Prince but I would take 2018-2019 BI over him any day of the week.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

b0x ThCoRes

What point is that? Prince didn’t enter the league until the age of 22, Ingram is going on his 3rd at age 20

Princes prime vs BI now.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

I'm not ready to say Ingram is an above average starter on a championship team.

Last edited by kikanga on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

b0x ThCoRes

Princes prime vs BI now.
you are basing "now" on last season though. The likelihood is that Ingram in year 3 will be significantly improved over what we saw from him last year. And offensively, he surpassed prime Prince in year 2.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

Go away, man.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

I'm not ready to say Ingram is an above average starter on a championship team.

I believe with the natural progress we "should" see this season I believe BI will be an above average starter on the 18'/19' Lakers championship team....

He should be at 18ppg, with 5 boards and 4 dimes. and a pretty big jump on defense and overall intangibles, at his age it is almost a given, nothing guaranteed of course, but I would bet on it if i was a betting man...

I think a couple seasons from now he will be an all-star....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1095, 1096, 1097 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1096 of 1885
Jump to: