Official LANCE STEPHENSON Thread (Cried after being Eliminated from Playoffs - pg.57)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Svi showing potential makes me feel better about this pickup.

For Lance to succeed he really needs to bring some defense. A tough guy that struggles on defense isn’t worth much. The best “tough guys” like Metta could defend. I hope Lance surprises me.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

"You look at Michael Jordan having a player like Dennis Rodman and Kobe's team with Metta. Having a tough player like that brings an edge to the game like Lance is a really nice ingredient."

- GM Rob Pelinka on signing Lance Stephenson
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
He will play the Rick Fox role, the instigator and the guy who brings the toughness, I think a lot of people will sing a different tune about the signing once the season starts.

fox was our 3 and D guy during that championship run in addition to being an enforcer and veteran presence. lance shot 29% from 3 last year and his defense has fallen off. that's not gonna get it done.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Born Ready
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Born Ready

The Long KISS Goodnight.😘
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

I forgot bshaw was an assistant coach for Indy when Lance was there.
Was reminded of it when I saw Lance sitting with Luke and Bshaw at the summer league game today
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lakers/status/1017571733056860160
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Lakers/status/1017571733056860160

Cool pic
I forgot Lance and Shaw have a bond going back to Pacer days !
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

This fool is going to ball out. Had his best years with Shaw as an assistant. Shaw was big in his development
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Still not a big fan of the signing but he is an agitator and it should be entertaining.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

I hope he can share with our guys strategy on how best to guard PG. He must have guarded him in practice scrimmages in Indy. I bet he could give us great insight into lesser known tendencies not found on footage.

Plus; I just really want PG to have miserable games against us this season. If we can hold him to single digits in scoring and take him completely out of his comfort zone, that would be great. And also Lance elbowing him in the mouth inadvertently would be awesome.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Did you guys see the Mike Trudell interview at the game today? Regarding Svi, Lance said, "You can tell that nugget can guard anybody." LOL! Live interview, and he didn't say nugget.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Did you guys see the Mike Trudell interview at the game today? Regarding Svi, Lance said, "You can tell that nugget can guard anybody." LOL! Live interview, and he didn't say nugget.

Didn't see it....what did he say (PM me if you don't want to say here).
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Didn't see it....what did he say (PM me if you don't want to say here).

I didn't see the interview, but I'm sure it's the N word.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Interesting that he said he'll be focused on improving his off ball skills and shooting.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Big compilation of his highlights from last year. Some of this is impressive. Don't get me wrong I know you could cherry pick anybodies best plays and make them look great but there are a few things that caught my eye, one being him throwing a full court outlet to Miles Turner. Having 3 or 4 (don't know if Rondo has that in his wheelhouse but I'd bet he does) players that can make that pass on a team that loves the fast break could be big.

Look; at the very least this dude is going to be entertaining. He has that unpredictability that Metta had although maybe not to the same degree (because Metta was legitimately nuts...
)

Worst case scenario he's a bench player that we laugh at. Best case scenario he balls out like he's been known to do under B-Shaw and LeBron brings the best out of him.

That's really the x-factor we're all not accounting for here. LeBron elevates players and gives them looks they didn't have before due to both his court vision and the gravity of being a huge dude barrelling down at the court at players.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCWZzIhP6F0

Big compilation of his highlights from last year. Some of this is impressive. Don't get me wrong I know you could cherry pick anybodies best plays and make them look great but there are a few things that caught my eye, one being him throwing a full court outlet to Miles Turner. Having 3 or 4 (don't know if Rondo has that in his wheelhouse but I'd bet he does) players that can make that pass on a team that loves the fast break could be big.

Look; at the very least this dude is going to be entertaining. He has that unpredictability that Metta had although maybe not to the same degree (because Metta was legitimately nuts...
)

Worst case scenario he's a bench player that we laugh at. Best case scenario he balls out like he's been known to do under B-Shaw and LeBron brings the best out of him.

That's really the x-factor we're all not accounting for here. LeBron elevates players and gives them looks they didn't have before due to both his court vision and the gravity of being a huge dude barrelling down at the court at players.

Agreed. He can ball at a high level when focused. I am fine with the signing, it is only one year. I am just glad we learned from the Mozdeng debacle.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:

)

He has skills. If he's focused on his off-ball game and shooting, and he succeeds at it, he'll be great for us. If not, hopefully the rookie is ready.

What I don't get are people who want to peg a rookie who played well against other summer league guys with minutes over a vet. Svi is doing well, but he's a rookie. He's still got a lot to learn before we can guarantee him minutes.

I want the minutes to go to who does better in training camp and preseason.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
El Seano wrote:

)

He has skills. If he's focused on his off-ball game and shooting, and he succeeds at it, he'll be great for us. If not, hopefully the rookie is ready.

What I don't get are people who want to peg a rookie who played well against other summer league guys with minutes over a vet. Svi is doing well, but he's a rookie. He's still got a lot to learn before we can guarantee him minutes.

I want the minutes to go to who does better in training camp and preseason.

I think it'll be a situational thing too. Depending on how the game is going and what the defense is doing, Luke can always check Svi into the game if the team is in dire need of his shooting, or Lance if they need more playmaking or energy. Some nights the minutes for certain guys will just have to fluctuate. It'll be up to the players to buy in and always put the group first.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

The only way Lance makes sense to me is in a Wayne Gretzky/ Marty McSorley kind of way. McSorley was acquired by the LA Kings when they got Grezky and was known as his "bodyguard". Basically if you were to mess with Gretzky, McSorley's gloves we're coming off. I can kind of see that with Lance and Bron.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

My concern is where does he play? It's not a lot of minutes available unless an injury occurs(which will happen)

96 minutes at the forwards spots and 48 minutes at the SG spot you have to split between LeBron/Ingram/Kuzma/KCP/Hart

LeBron-34
Ingram-32
Kuzma-30
KCP-28
Hart-20

0 minutes remaining.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
My concern is where does he play? It's not a lot of minutes available unless an injury occurs(which will happen)

96 minutes at the forwards spots and 48 minutes at the SG spot you have to split between LeBron/Ingram/Kuzma/KCP/Hart

LeBron-34
Ingram-32
Kuzma-30
KCP-28
Hart-20

0 minutes remaining.

And when he does play, who does he play with? If it's Lonzo or Rondo it would mean you're running two non-shooters together. Every time his lack of shooting shrinks the floor for LeBron people will be asking why Svi isn't getting those minutes instead.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

If LeBron plays some time at the 5, that could open up some PT for him.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
If LeBron plays some time at the 5, that could open up some PT for him.

True.
Plus injuries may occur.
Plus who's to say that's the minutes distribution posted above.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

LeBron-34
Ingram-32
Kuzma-30
KCP-28
Hart-20

0 minutes remaining.

And when he does play, who does he play with? If it's Lonzo or Rondo it would mean you're running two non-shooters together. Every time his lack of shooting shrinks the floor for LeBron people will be asking why Svi isn't getting those minutes instead.

I think most of the players on your list will be geting only 25 minutes a game and those extra minutes will go to Lance and LBJ will be at center for part of the game

I mean with injuries and different DNP's everyones minutes will be inflated past the 240 minutes each team gets like it is for all players in the nba. But for real game minutes I think we will be playing the bench a lot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 24 of 57
Jump to: