Los Angeles Times, new HQ, down the street from Lakers Training Facility.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Los Angeles Times, new HQ, down the street from Lakers Training Facility.

They up rooted from downtown LA. Isn't the new owner a big Laker fan?
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Los Angeles Times, new HQ, down the street from Lakers Training Facility.

easybreeze wrote:
They up rooted from downtown LA. Isn't the new owner a big Laker fan?

Patrick Soon-Shiong? Yeah, he probably is. He does have a minority ownership in the team.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

With LBJ here, its going to be interesting to see how the LA Times sports writers cover him or the whole team for that matter.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

The LA Times leased their building and I think the building's owner asked for a 1 million dollar rent increase per month. Seeing at how newspapers don't make much money these days it was probably better that they moved to a more modern facility, despite the fact its further away from downtown LA.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

The company I work for were the previous tenants in that El Segundo building. I was glad when we moved out. It looks modern from the outside but there are only two elevators in the building and many times one was out of order. I don't know if it was our company's security requirement or the building's but you could only access the stairs from the lobby during emergencies. There was only one bathroom for each sex per floor and the custodial staff only cleaned them once a day.

We had our lab on the top floor and one night the sprinkler system went off in the lab and no one from the building's security noticed until the water had flooded down from the 8th floor down to the 5th floor. My buddy is the lab manager and told me the water was 2-3 feet high in the lab. Ruined millions of dollars of equipment and took us months to get everything back up and running and we ended up suing the building's owners for damages I think.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: