Could Aaron Mintz have a past grudge with Rob Pelinaka?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Could Aaron Mintz have a past grudge with Rob Pelinaka?

Aaron Mintz - agent of Julius Randle and Paul George.

https://twitter.com/ericpincus/status/1018168101899243522?s=21

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Well he just lost two of his clients a (bleep) ton of money.

Randle, Elfrid Payton,
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

his client list is garbage so i dont really care for Mintz
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

He probably didn't like how they shipped off D'Angelo Russell, or they had a rivalry when Rob was an agent - which could be more likely.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

This really isn't worth discussing anymore. Russell is gone, George stayed in OKC, and now Randle is gone. The Lakers don't have any players left who are represented by Mintz. Just move on. It's over with.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

Is there any of the 2019 FA target represented by Mintz?
bucketsandbags
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

No player is going to allow their agent to dictate where they go over some personal grudge. George is happy in OKC and Randle would never have the role he wants with LeBron on the team. It's a much better fit for him with Davis and Mirotić than LeBron and Ingram/Kuzma.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
He probably didn't like how they shipped off D'Angelo Russell, or they had a rivalry when Rob was an agent - which could be more likely.

I don't think it's so much them moving Russell. It was their classless way of going about throwing constant shade at him and never being quiet about diminishing him. They kept mentioning him more than he ever mentioned them as he kept the high ground and they took the low. Unneccesary, if he had a grudge for that I'd understand.

but their quarrel if they have any isn't why Randle's no longer here. Randle's no longer here because they refused to give him a 2nd year and tried to undercut him again. That's pretty much it.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

bucketsandbags wrote:
No player is going to allow their agent to dictate where they go over some personal grudge. George is happy in OKC and Randle would never have the role he wants with LeBron on the team. It's a much better fit for him with Davis and Mirotić than LeBron and Ingram/Kuzma.

Wrong. Agents have HUGE influence over their clients. It's not like Mintz actively told Randle that he hate Pelinka and the grudge is why he should go to New Orleans. He probably steered towards that direction and steered PG towards re-signing with the Thunder in a subtle but profound fashion.

Randle isn't here anymore because his ego and his agent got in the way. If he really wanted to be a Laker he would have realized what Maginka vision was and taken a 1 year deal.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
bucketsandbags wrote:

Wrong. Agents have HUGE influence over their clients. It's not like Mintz actively told Randle that he hate Pelinka and the grudge is why he should go to New Orleans. He probably steered towards that direction and steered PG towards re-signing with the Thunder in a subtle but profound fashion.

Randle isn't here anymore because his ego and his agent got in the way. If he really wanted to be a Laker he would have realized what Maginka vision was and taken a 1 year deal.

Yeah, in PG's ESPN special, he said that Mintz is like a brother to him.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Could Aaron Mintz have a past grudge with Rob Pelinaka?

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Aaron Mintz - agent of Julius Randle and Paul George.

https://twitter.com/ericpincus/status/1018168101899243522?s=21

What was the original comment? God I hate Twitter it's so backwards trying to follow conversation. I found who Pincus replied to but that guy was replying to another comment so trying to find that so I can understand what the whole conversation is.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
bucketsandbags wrote:

heck, if you were a player, why would you hire someone like Mintz in the first place, knowing he has a beef with the FO of one of the major market franchise? That's just bad business.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

bucketsandbags wrote:

Happens more than you think ..
bucketsandbags
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Wrong? Agents bend over backwards for their clients in my experience. A fringe player may have to take what they can get but not someone like Randle. NOLA offers him a key role and AD lobbied him directly. It's not about ego, it's about opportunity. Being buried behind LeBron and Kuzma would have been a step back for him in minutes and responsibility and would hurt his financial options next summer.

The Juggernaut wrote:
bucketsandbags wrote:

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Well he just lost two of his clients a (bleep) ton of money.

Randle, Elfrid Payton,

We were offering more for Randle? And he got George more money.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

PG’s documentary, first thing he mentions is how vital Aaron Mintz is in his NBA career:

Quote:
Paul George: “Aaron Mintz is my agent. He’s been in this journey with me since I was 20 years old. He’s played a very, very vital role in my career. We share more than an agent and player relationship. He’s more of my big brother.”

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Rob Pelinaka, lol.

Rob Pelican.

Randle to the Pelicans.

Conspiracy?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

bucketsandbags wrote:

Good to see someone with real perspective. George wanted no part of being a Laker and Randle didn’t want the role they saw for him. It has nothing to do with the agent, not everyone wants to be a Laker.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

To be fair, him being a former agent, I don't think any agents out there are too fond of Pelinka (aside for Rich Paul). Its just the nature of the game. But they will come to the table and work with him because he's the GM of the Los Angeles Lakers.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
To be fair, him being a former agent, I don't think any agents out there are too fond of Pelinka (aside for Rich Paul). Its just the nature of the game. But they will come to the table and work with him because he's the GM of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Rich Paul is currently the right agent to know. Especially if we wanna shoot for Simmons in the future. I know he’ll sign for the rookie max but 5 seasons after that...
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
bucketsandbags wrote:

Happens more than you think ..

So they're idiots?

I'm with buckets. The agents work to achieve the wishes of their clients, not the other way around.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
This really isn't worth discussing anymore. Russell is gone, George stayed in OKC, and now Randle is gone. The Lakers don't have any players left who are represented by Mintz. Just move on. It's over with.

Agree 100%. Time to move on and let the excitement seep in... LeBron and improving young talent and... in position to bring in a 2nd Superstar next year... in addition to having our 1st Rd pick back too.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

bucketsandbags wrote:

Yeah I don't get all the hubbub about Mintz. George wanted to stay in OKC for more money. If he met with the Lakers even though he was going to choose okc anyway, we'd be accusing him of leading the Lakers on and wasting their time. As for Randle, he just wasn't firmly in the Lakers plans and that's not his agents fault. I think the Lakers wanted to sign him to a short cheap deal that would still allow them to get a max player next year.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Instead of giving Paul George the excuse that Mintz "forced" him to stay with OKC.

How about he just decided he wanted to stay in OKC.

Don't forget, Ramona already reported that OKC knew George was staying for a while because he'd already told them he was going to.

If that's to be believed, than the entire time he knew he was never meeting with the Lakers when Free Agency hit.

It's the reverse of when Dwight would make bets with teammates while he was here, and then when they'd ask him to pay up he said "I'll pay you back next year." because he knew he wasn't coming back.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
bucketsandbags wrote:

Say what you want about that douchebag Mintz, but Randle going to the Pelicans was the right more, financial/business wise.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: