Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread: Lakers select Moe Wagner (#25), Isaac Bonga (#39), and Svi Mykhailiuk (#47) - see 1st page for draft links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 492, 493, 494

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
The mid 2nd seems to me to be the perfect opportunity to take a chance on a raw but high ceiling talent. Someone like M Robinson would be similar but he was not available.

right, cause Mitchell Robinson who showed out as well as the lottery "bigs" in summer league and Bonga who had more traveling calls than field goals are clearly at a similar level. The length some will go to hold on to a flawed narrative.

So Robinson is not a raw high ceiling talent. Okaaaay. I guess he polished his skills having last played in high school 2 years ago.

There is an undrafted big from 2015 who has washed out of the NBA the last 2 years who is putting up better numbers than Robinson. What does that say? Maybe SL stats are overrated.

nowhere near as raw as Bonga.....almost all these rookies are "raw", and Robinson fits in that category.....Bonga is on a level unlike any other player in the draft. Robinson was a Top 10 prospect coming out of high school with guys like Ayton, Bagley, Carter, and Bamba....and your trying to lump him in with Bonga. Btw, he played in high school a year ago.

I get your thing is to bounce around trolling and taking shots at players you do not like....but at least know your facts...Wood was not in the NBA last season....and his initial stint in the NBA was with the 76'ers....a team that had Joel Embiid, Nerlens Noel, Jahil Okafor, Richaun Holmes, and Elton Brand under contract.....a 19 year old underdeveloped Center was the last thing they needed. The guy played well in the GLeague last season, and had an excellent showing in Vegas this summer.....if your only response is that he struggled in the NBA as a 19 year old....then you really do not have much.

Calling me a troll. You are going overboard here.

Show me posts where I literally trash a player. I posted my opinions on a few prospects in the draft thread so you have a good sample size to review. I normally cite the prospects skills as to why I do or don't like them. See my thoughts on Shamet and Zhaire.

For M Robinson I questioned his maturity but I believe that was fair. For the record I would have been fine with Robinson being the Lakers pick in the 1st round.

So stating Robinson is a raw high ceiling talent is trashing him. I was giving an example of another raw high ceiling prospect and you turned it into a comparison of who is more raw. That wasn't my point.

High school rankings. Not the end all be all barometer to gauge a players NBA potential. Many top HS players never make it in the NBA. This year Trevon Duval (5th rivals, 6th espn, 7th 24/7) went undrafted. Cliff Alexander top 5 in his class still trying to make the league. Many more examples out there.

For the record C Woods played 17 games for the Sixers in 2015-2016. Embid did not play a game that season. Holmes and Okafor were rookies. He played 13 games for the Hornets in 2016-2017 and washed out from the NBA entirely in 2017-2018. So this actually makes my statement that stats in the SL are overrated more applicable.

I always respected your opinions and your pov but sometimes you seem to take it personally and cross the line from sharing your thoughts and opinions to attacking their character. For my best interest I will just avoid further exchanges with you.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
The mid 2nd seems to me to be the perfect opportunity to take a chance on a raw but high ceiling talent. Someone like M Robinson would be similar but he was not available.

right, cause Mitchell Robinson who showed out as well as the lottery "bigs" in summer league and Bonga who had more traveling calls than field goals are clearly at a similar level. The length some will go to hold on to a flawed narrative.

So Robinson is not a raw high ceiling talent. Okaaaay. I guess he polished his skills having last played in high school 2 years ago.

There is an undrafted big from 2015 who has washed out of the NBA the last 2 years who is putting up better numbers than Robinson. What does that say? Maybe SL stats are overrated.

nowhere near as raw as Bonga.....almost all these rookies are "raw", and Robinson fits in that category.....Bonga is on a level unlike any other player in the draft. Robinson was a Top 10 prospect coming out of high school with guys like Ayton, Bagley, Carter, and Bamba....and your trying to lump him in with Bonga. Btw, he played in high school a year ago.

I get your thing is to bounce around trolling and taking shots at players you do not like....but at least know your facts...Wood was not in the NBA last season....and his initial stint in the NBA was with the 76'ers....a team that had Joel Embiid, Nerlens Noel, Jahil Okafor, Richaun Holmes, and Elton Brand under contract.....a 19 year old underdeveloped Center was the last thing they needed. The guy played well in the GLeague last season, and had an excellent showing in Vegas this summer.....if your only response is that he struggled in the NBA as a 19 year old....then you really do not have much.

Calling me a troll. You are going overboard here.

Show me posts where I literally trash a player. I posted my opinions on a few prospects in the draft thread so you have a good sample size to review. I normally cite the prospects skills as to why I do or don't like them. See my thoughts on Shamet and Zhaire.

For M Robinson I questioned his maturity but I believe that was fair. For the record I would have been fine with Robinson being the Lakers pick in the 1st round.

So stating Robinson is a raw high ceiling talent is trashing him. I was giving an example of another raw high ceiling prospect and you turned it into a comparison of who is more raw. That wasn't my point.

High school rankings. Not the end all be all barometer to gauge a players NBA potential. Many top HS players never make it in the NBA. This year Trevon Duval (5th rivals, 6th espn, 7th 24/7) went undrafted. Cliff Alexander top 5 in his class still trying to make the league. Many more examples out there.

For the record C Woods played 17 games for the Sixers in 2015-2016. Embid did not play a game that season. Holmes and Okafor were rookies. He played 13 games for the Hornets in 2016-2017 and washed out from the NBA entirely in 2017-2018. So this actually makes my statement that stats in the SL are overrated more applicable.

I always respected your opinions and your pov but sometimes you seem to take it personally and cross the line from sharing your thoughts and opinions to attacking their character. For my best interest I will just avoid further exchanges with you.

This. Very well said. Folks, this is just summer league. Just summer league. That's it.. Nobody at 18 yrs old is NBA ready. Not Kobe, not Lebron, not Kevin Garnett.

Isaac Bonga was drafted with the vision that he will be very good player 2-3 years down the road.

And I trust Magic and Rob Pelinca.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Our scouting department has been nothing short of extraordinary. This looks like another good draft for us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 492, 493, 494
Page 494 of 494
Jump to: