How Can the LA Lakers Get LeBron James a True Co-Star?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: How Can the LA Lakers Get LeBron James a True Co-Star?

Hey all,

How Can the LA Lakers Get LeBron James a True Co-Star? @BleacherReport - mostly patience, think the Celtics passing on PG/Jimmy for Hayward (minus the injury on opening night) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2784449-how-can-the-la-lakers-get-lebron-james-a-true-co-star

Cheers,

EP
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: How Can the LA Lakers Get LeBron James a True Co-Star?

emplay wrote:
Hey all,

How Can the LA Lakers Get LeBron James a True Co-Star? @BleacherReport - mostly patience, think the Celtics passing on PG/Jimmy for Hayward (minus the injury on opening night) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2784449-how-can-the-la-lakers-get-lebron-james-a-true-co-star

Cheers,

EP

all I can say is "yep, Eric" - good article. Patience
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: How Can the LA Lakers Get LeBron James a True Co-Star?

golakersgo121 wrote:
emplay wrote:
Hey all,

Cheers,

EP

all I can say is "yep, Eric" - good article. Patience
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

Great stuff, thanks.
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

Great read.

2019 looks to be shaping up to be a crazy offseason.

Your FA list makes we wonder if players like Kemba, Butler and Love who are on expiring contracts and not likely to resign with there current teams might be on the move before training camp.

Everyone is so focused on the Spurs and KL drama. Could we see teams trading before they lose them for nothing to 2019 free agency? There are other teams in similar situations to the Spurs (maybe without the drama) where they risk losing their franchise player to free agency for nothing.

Kemba - had been rumored to be target of the Cavs if LB stayed
Butler - seems to be fed up with his teammates like Towns
Love - Cavs looking to rebuild probably looking to move him

Looks like there could still be player movement of some big names even before 2019 FA.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

^^^

With one caveat. While Jimmy Butler is almost a lock to opt out of his deal, KLove has a financial incentive to opt-in as I am not sure someone will offer him $25mln/year deal.
I mean - at least, financially his incentive will be to opt-in...
MrClutch44
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: While patience is certainly a virtue

While patience is certainly a virtue I don’t get why the Lakers would want to waste one single year of LeBron in his prime. He’s 34 this year and on the backend of his career regardless how freakishly great he played in the NBA finals...his skills are deteriorating every year. (I.e. look at Kobe and MJs age trend line). It is an absolute mistake to wait until 2019..but I tend to think the FO knows this and is only taking the “patience” stance for negotiating purposes so as not to look desperate.

Mark these words...the Lakers will not have just 1 but 2 more all stars on the roster added next to James by the start of the season or perhaps by December at the trading deadline.

Patience is great but LeBron is indeed human and you need to go for it all NOW.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: While patience is certainly a virtue

MrClutch44 wrote:
While patience is certainly a virtue I don’t get why the Lakers would want to waste one single year of LeBron in his prime. He’s 34 this year and on the backend of his career regardless how freakishly great he played in the NBA finals...his skills are deteriorating every year. (I.e. look at Kobe and MJs age trend line). It is an absolute mistake to wait until 2019..but I tend to think the FO knows this and is only taking the “patience” stance for negotiating purposes so as not to look desperate.

Mark these words...the Lakers will not have just 1 but 2 more all stars on the roster added next to James by the start of the season or perhaps by December at the trading deadline.

Patience is great but LeBron is indeed human and you need to go for it all NOW.

i sure hope so. I don't even necessarily care about them being stars if they can shoot. We have enough stars right now who can't shoot. Just get shooters already. why not add that old guy from the d league for a couple of bucks? Looked good to me.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject:

Last year a healthy Lakers team beat the Celtics, Rockets and took GSW to overtime twice in the regular season without Lebron. Most of the critics of the current roster were sleeping or not watching last season. I will miss Randle, Lopez and Isaiah but our current additions are solid. If the Lakers stay healthy they will be an elite team this season.
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
Last year a healthy Lakers team beat the Celtics, Rockets and took GSW to overtime twice in the regular season without Lebron. Most of the critics of the current roster were sleeping or not watching last season. I will miss Randle, Lopez and Isaiah but our current additions are solid. If the Lakers stay healthy they will be an elite team this season.

I agree, we lost a lot of games last year because we didn't have a finisher or that superstar who could take over like Kobe. Bron Bron is not the same kind of finisher as Kobe but someone is going to be wide open and that someone is Kuzma in my opinion. This team should win 45-50 games this year if we see no improvement in Ball, Kuz, BI and Hart. That being said, if we see all 4 improve, we might be looking at 50-58 wins.

This team did really well and I hate that we lost Randel but I think the other teammates we picked up were very impactful. I would like to see us get Lopez again this season. I think he is still a FA. His 3 point shooting would be ideal and he might knock down 24 points a game if he is left alone out there.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Promote from within.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
^^^

With one caveat. While Jimmy Butler is almost a lock to opt out of his deal, KLove has a financial incentive to opt-in as I am not sure someone will offer him $25mln/year deal.
I mean - at least, financially his incentive will be to opt-in...

I would beg to differ on Love. If his agent gets wins that a team would be willing to give him a 4 yr deal for $80-100mm it would make sense to opt out then to wait another year since he’ll be older
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: How Can the LA Lakers Get LeBron James a True Co-Star?

emplay wrote:
Hey all,

Cheers,

EP
Great article. Be patient and see what opportunities come up rather than buying high. Based on the 2019 projected salary, what is the first year of a max contract looking like?
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject:

I like it. Give all our youth playing time this year and see who fits best with Lebron. Be patient and don't overpay for an immediate second star player. Let the best opportunities present itself in due time.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Josh Hart!
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Josh Hart!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

young core=best co-star...the homegrown kind
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: