Could Aaron Mintz have a past grudge with Rob Pelinaka?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

Say what you want about that douchebag Mintz, but Randle going to the Pelicans was the right more, financial/business wise.

Not when the cripple Jabari Parker just scored a 2Y 40M from the Bulls.

Mintz has brainwashed his clients.

NO didn’t have $20 mil to spend. He could have went to a crappy organization like Chicago but wanted to join his fellow Wildcat and compete in the West.

He could have? Really? I don’t remember hearing ANYTHING about any team, “crappy” or otherwise, being interested in signing him to anything close to the contract Jabari got.

I’d take it one step further: if the Hawks, Bulls, Kings or any other bad team had offered him that money, he would’ve taken it without thinking twice. Not sure how you can claim he could have gone to a crappy team but “wanted” to go to NO.

Lastly what’s your definition of “compete in the West”? I think they’re very clearly behind GSW, HOU, LAL, OKC, UTA, and SAS (of Kawhi is somehow back and healthy). I see them more in the POR, MIN, DEN group, competing for spots 5-9.

Of course you didn't hear about that since Randle wanted to go to NO. NO was a top 4 team in the West last season and there is no reason to think that they will be worse. At least as long as AD's health holds up, he is a top 2-3 player when healthy.

What is your basis for any of this? We have no idea if Randle wanted to go to NO or if that was the only offer available to him. I’m guessing closer to the latter than the former.

Yes NO made the conference semis last year, but it’s intellectually dishonest to say “they is no reason to think that they will be worse.” Rondo was a huge part of their success and he’s been replaced with Elfrid Payton. And although they made their run without Boogie, they were arguably playing their best ball of the season before he went down.

Last reason NO won’t be top 4 this year — this guy named LeBron is supposed to be pretty good and he has at worst an equal supporting cast to AD in NO, if not a better one.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

Say what you want about that douchebag Mintz, but Randle going to the Pelicans was the right more, financial/business wise.

NO didn’t have $20 mil to spend. He could have went to a crappy organization like Chicago but wanted to join his fellow Wildcat and compete in the West.

He could have? Really? I don’t remember hearing ANYTHING about any team, “crappy” or otherwise, being interested in signing him to anything close to the contract Jabari got.

I’d take it one step further: if the Hawks, Bulls, Kings or any other bad team had offered him that money, he would’ve taken it without thinking twice. Not sure how you can claim he could have gone to a crappy team but “wanted” to go to NO.

Lastly what’s your definition of “compete in the West”? I think they’re very clearly behind GSW, HOU, LAL, OKC, UTA, and SAS (of Kawhi is somehow back and healthy). I see them more in the POR, MIN, DEN group, competing for spots 5-9.

Of course you didn't hear about that since Randle wanted to go to NO. NO was a top 4 team in the West last season and there is no reason to think that they will be worse. At least as long as AD's health holds up, he is a top 2-3 player when healthy.

Losing Cousins and Rondo makes them worse. Randle isn't better than Cousins, not even in the same ball park
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

they were 6th in the west. AD is injury prone and Cousins kept them afloat. they also lost randle.

i see them fighting for 8 and missing playoffs

I guess you missed the playoffs
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

What is your basis for any of this? We have no idea if Randle wanted to go to NO or if that was the only offer available to him. I’m guessing closer to the latter than the former.

Yes NO made the conference semis last year, but it’s intellectually dishonest to say “they is no reason to think that they will be worse.” Rondo was a huge part of their success and he’s been replaced with Elfrid Payton. And although they made their run without Boogie, they were arguably playing their best ball of the season before he went down.

Last reason NO won’t be top 4 this year — this guy named LeBron is supposed to be pretty good and he has at worst an equal supporting cast to AD in NO, if not a better one.

Of course he doesn't credit Mirotic either, who provided much needed spacing for AD to go single covered.

In fact, I'm not sure Jules even starts.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

they were 6th in the west. AD is injury prone and Cousins kept them afloat. they also lost randle.

You don't get seeded off playofffs, they also lost one of their best players from the playoffs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Now that we don't have any of his clients on our roster, good riddance.

My guess is this guy is radioactive to the Lakers now unless he has a MAJOR talent on his hands which I doubt he will after his "performance" this summer.

You don’t think that future players will want to be paid? Randle got more than we were offering, same with George.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

Of course he doesn't credit Mirotic either, who provided much needed spacing for AD to go single covered.

They lost Mirotic?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

You don't get seeded off playofffs, they also lost one of their best players from the playoffs.

You perform in the playoffs, NO was top 4 in the West. Losing Cousins was a plus for them, they were much better without him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

They lost Mirotic?

Nah. they have him and he's likely the starter.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

Which supports what I posted, they shouldn’t have a drop off pending health.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Which supports what I posted, they shouldn’t have a drop off pending health.

I think losing Rondo and adding Payton (who was basically sold for pennies by Magic, then dropped by the Suns) will be a net negative. Rondo's emergence later in the season allowed Jrue to shine.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

You perform in the playoffs, NO was top 4 in the West. Losing Cousins was a plus for them, they were much better without him.

Rondo was a huge part of his they performed in the playoffs, so they got worse.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Back to the OP, I don't think the Mintz/Pelinka think was the sole reason. But I would not be surprised if it was at least a background factor.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Bumping this thread.

I wondered what the issues are with Mintz and the Lakers. Admittedly, I want to D'Lo and this group to run it back.

If whatever beef Mintz has with Rob isn't over, Kyrie is a viable option this summer esp given how things are going with the Mavs since his arrival.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:38 pm    Post subject:

You gave this thread a zombie bump to talk about Kyrie? Well, sure, why not?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie is an absolutely terrible option. Westbrook era version 2.0
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Carmelo Anthony
Trevor Ariza
DLo
Worked out Meyers Leonard

This thread is out dated. And should never be bumped again.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:15 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Carmelo Anthony
Trevor Ariza
DLo
Worked out Meyers Leonard

This thread is out dated. And should never be bumped again.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: