OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 224, 225, 226 ... 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Wrong thread
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Zu can be Moz during Lebrons 2016 run
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Still seems to have minimal lift in traffic. Does anyone know how he ranks among centers in PPP as P&R screener? My general sense is he is pretty effective when matched with a decent P&R playmaker - DLo and IT in the past. So playing with Rondo and Bron could really open up his game.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
If he combines his new found strength and his fluid low post moves from his rookie season, we are going to be surprised.

Some will. Some of us won't.

Exactly. Repeating what I mentioned many pages ago, Zu played well in the g-league after getting in better shape and also in the 2nd half of the NBA season.

Many still go off his SL games last year and did not watch his play in the g-league. Except 3pt shooting his stats were as good if not better than T Bryant.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject:

Zu was always a good passer too. His speed looks good I will be interested to see how his quickness has improved. Also all the highlights are dunks I wonder if he is shooting the 15' shot at all.

He looks good for 15-20 minutes per game.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
If he combines his new found strength and his fluid low post moves from his rookie season, we are going to be surprised.

Exactly. Repeating what I mentioned many pages ago, Zu played well in the g-league after getting in better shape and also in the 2nd half of the NBA season.

Many still go off his SL games last year and did not watch his play in the g-league. Except 3pt shooting his stats were as good if not better than T Bryant.

He should look good in G League and SL games. I was referring to his rookie season in the NBA. He actually played very well the last two plus months of that season. I think there was a drop off in his play last year. All I was saying was that he was impressive in his rookie season. Very fluid and versatile down low with a variety of moves and a very nice touch around the basket. He seemed to take a step back last season. If he can harness the ability he showed his rookie season with his added strength (from being in much better shape), I believe he will surprise people.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject:

If he's good enough for 15 minutes, and McGee can play another 15, we should be fine. Split the rest between LeBron/Wagner and we're set at Center.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Zu was always a good passer too. His speed looks good I will be interested to see how his quickness has improved. Also all the highlights are dunks I wonder if he is shooting the 15' shot at all.

His passing game is what gives me hope.

He'll never be fast or athletic, but if he's got good passing and can score in more than one way, he should be of use.

Think Nikola Jokic. If we can get Zu to be a 30% Jokic, we're fine for a backup C. Specially at that price.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkxnsbiBXqO/

Zu smash! 💪

Zubac - All Eyez on me
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

In two years, Zubac has basically had one bad Summer League season and one bad half of a regular season. In limited minutes, so it's difficult for people to appreciate. And during that bad half-season in the NBA, he was dominating in the G-league while gaining experience. Some people sound like they only saw his bad games from last year and none of his good games.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:

My favorite FIBA highlight was when a defender went for the steal on the perimeter and Zu quickly and instinctively spun, drove in and made him pay. That was kind of decisive action was missing much of last year.

kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully zubac starts.

Wanna see him do PNR with Rondo and lebron.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

In two years, Zubac has basically had one bad Summer League season and one bad half of a regular season. In limited minutes, so it's difficult for people to appreciate. And during that bad half-season in the NBA, he was dominating in the G-league while gaining experience. Some people sound like they only saw his bad games from last year and none of his good games.

he's 21 lol

can you imagine people giving up on Marc Gasol at 21?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

thats old pics of Zubac.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Zu needs to work on his explosiveness. His post game is already ahead of the curve. Want to see him develop a bull mentality like Shaq had.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

I honestly put a center with low post moves way down the priority list for this team. We need a rim protecting and rebounding center most of all... I hope he is focusing on this the most. For offense as long as he can finish strong on some pick and rolls and as a bonus have a midrange jumper to keep PnR defenders honest that is more than good enough.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I honestly put a center with low post moves way down the priority list for this team. We need a rim protecting and rebounding center most of all... I hope he is focusing on this the most. For offense as long as he can finish strong on some pick and rolls and as a bonus have a midrange jumper to keep PnR defenders honest that is more than good enough.

Good thing Zu is bad at low post scoring and is pretty darn good at rebounding and rim protection.
xjoemo
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I think he's going to surprise people this year because it seems like everyone counted him out last year. Hopefully he can adjust to the speed of the game because offensively he is an asset and he can provide solid rim protection. Let's remember that Marc Gasol wasn't even drafted until age 22 and didn't come over until age 24. He made significant strides when he transformed his body and got into the best shape of his life. LeBron knows a thing or two about playing with an offensively talented big man and getting solid production from when he played with Ilgauskas.
xjoemo
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I think he's going to surprise people this year because it seems like everyone counted him out last year. Hopefully he can adjust to the speed of the game because offensively he is an asset and he can provide solid rim protection. Let's remember that Marc Gasol wasn't even drafted until age 22 and didn't come over until age 24. He made significant strides when he transformed his body and got into the best shape of his life. LeBron knows a thing or two about playing with an offensively talented big man and getting solid production from when he played with Ilgauskas.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

He has good stroke from FT line should try to extend his range to 3pt line
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Good thing Zu is bad at low post scoring and is pretty darn good at rebounding and rim protection.

yes and thats what I hope he continues to focus on the most.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

yes and thats what I hope he continues to focus on the most.

Agreed. I'd also like to see him improve hitting the corner shooter off the short roll.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

On a team with a lot of passers and play makers, Zu might really settle in. He cuts pretty well. And he can hit a few outside shots. It is on the defensive end that I'm I'd like to see him really go to the next level.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
governator wrote:
MJST wrote:
Zubac was considered a draft and stash in the same way Marc Gasol was.

But you watch Gasol at the same age as Zubac and Zubac is ahead of the curve.

His physically maturing too. Looked like jello his rookie year, sort of shed the baby fat. Yr 3, can’t wait to see the ‘Randle’ transformation

YOu think he will have the "Randle" transformation?

Not unless he worked with Amoila

But he's definitely had a transformation

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkxnsbiBXqO/

that photo looks all doctored up.....or at least heavily filtered.....look at the guy in front of him with his hand up....did he wrap saran wrap over his shoulder and lat muscles for the day?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Zubac looking swole #ZuBEAST

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl6L1KihLqP/

Nice to see he's progressing even further
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 224, 225, 226 ... 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 225 of 290
Jump to: