Official MAGINKA Front Office Thread (Ignored coaching staff's pleas to re-sign Brook Lopez and Randle pg. 145)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 172, 173, 174  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Judah wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
I like what magic said maybe now the LG cry crew can stop crying about picking up rondo and Lance.

Yeah, I thought the interview was dope.

It was dope looking at it from a Laker fan because he told you their strategy. Being objective, it wasn't dope because he is telling everybody outside of just Laker fans.

Again, nothing he said was new, man. Literally everything he said has already been covered extensively. If you're gonna complain about this now, you should've been complaining from the beginning.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24003187/lakers-signings-part-magic-plan-nba

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24070278/los-angeles-lakers-gm-rob-pelinka-built-team-differently-lebron-james
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Who's the new director of analytics
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Anyone else notice magic not mention Lonzo... especially when talking about the fast break..

No. The fact that he didn't mention Lonzo never even occurred to me until I read your post. And he wasn't talking about them fast breaking generally. He was talking about the free agents they acquired and how they fit the style. He didn't mention Kuz either. Should we make something of that too?

Damn someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning...

This is a FORUM where everyone makes something of something to discuss.. That’s the point of a forum.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Judah wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Anyone else notice magic not mention Lonzo... especially when talking about the fast break..

No. The fact that he didn't mention Lonzo never even occurred to me until I read your post. And he wasn't talking about them fast breaking generally. He was talking about the free agents they acquired and how they fit the style. He didn't mention Kuz either. Should we make something of that too?

Damn someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning...

This is a FORUM where everyone makes something of something to discuss.. That’s the point of a forum.

Makes something of nothing you mean? That's not the point of a forum. That's the point of networks like ESPN and click bait websites.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Judah wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
I like what magic said maybe now the LG cry crew can stop crying about picking up rondo and Lance.

It was dope looking at it from a Laker fan because he told you their strategy. Being objective, it wasn't dope because he is telling everybody outside of just Laker fans.

I listen to NBA radio XM everyday. They have repeated that this is the Lakers plan several times. So there is no way that this was secret information
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

OT kinda but Philly got (bleep) by Magic twice.

Lebron and now Machado.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Judah wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

I listen to NBA radio XM everyday. They have repeated that this is the Lakers plan several times. So there is no way that this was secret information

Magic and Rob keeps telling everybody. I couldn't stand when Ramona reported it because she got it from magic or Rob, I can't remember.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Judah wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Magic and Rob keeps telling everybody. I couldn't stand when Ramona reported it because she got it from magic or Rob, I can't remember.

How does this hurt the Lakers at all for people to know how they built the team?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I mean there is no point for the Lakers FO to keep talking, but other teams are not stupid. They know how the lakers are constructed and how they intend on playing.

Video clearly shows this, it’s not some secret that Magic shared tbh.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Magic said he thinks the Lakers are one-off the best team in the west right now.

I think he is correct
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

I liked that short Magic interview they had at the summer league game tonight. Lance butts in, and Magic first thing compliments him on being in great game shape. Magic is like that old guy that most teams have, trying to relate to the younger guys and get them to play the right way. Except our old guy is Magic Johnson, who everybody knows, an all-time great. You know behind that smile and the nice words are - you become our type of player or you are out of here.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

The Lance Stephenson signing should tell you we dont have one.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I'm not going to stop being an a hole about it until we know (yeah take THAT, Magic! ) - don't care if we signed LeBron or not, there should be an update with this position now that the draft and summer league and free agency (for the most part) has passed, and the preseason is coming up. It's just unacceptable IF that position hasn't been filled (perhaps it has been, and it hasn't been announced...?)
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Magic said he thinks the Lakers are one-off the best team in the west right now.

I think he is correct

LeBron is that great. Outside of the Warriors its wide open.

Rockets lost Ariza/Mbah a moute/CP3 a year older
Did Utah reach their peak last summer?
OKC still has room to grow.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
OT kinda but Philly got (bleep) by Magic twice.

Lebron and now Machado.

And the 1980 finals
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Magic rambling on natl TV on how to assemble a team to beat the Warriors and giving out his blueprint was a bit too much rambling.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Magic rambling on natl TV on how to assemble a team to beat the Warriors and giving out his blueprint was a bit too much rambling.

Oh you mean this?

I built this team based on playoffs

By the way great interview...that blonde lady behind with those stems hmmm

Last edited by Hero Ball on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

What do you honestly think is the worst thing that could happen because of this?
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject:

Don't think I've seen Magic so excited since his playing days. That unbridled enthusiasm is just who he is, we've known it since he jumped on Kareem at the end of his first game. I'm sure FAs like LeBron appreciate the openness and the honesty and the passion. It's the very reason we needed Magic.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I mean there is no point for the Lakers FO to keep talking, but other teams are not stupid. They know how the lakers are constructed and how they intend on playing.

You can't prove this theory. We do know that the public (analysts, fans, etc) was confused by the moves being made. I would assume execs were confused by the moves too, especially with us acquiring Lebron, and the type of players we are used to seeing around Bron.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject:

Can someone please answer my question? lol
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Can someone please answer my question? lol

nothing.

Magic was rambling, Nash V was rambling.

Everybody rambles.

Sometimes.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Until you look at the fact that Harden and Dray have terrible numbers when playing against Lance. Sometimes it's not the global data we need to look at, but the fine grained data. Specific match ups are important sometimes. If Harden shoots 30% every time Lance is around because getting in his ear throws him off his game, then it's worth it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

You can't prove this theory. We do know that the public (analysts, fans, etc) was confused by the moves being made. I would assume execs were confused by the moves too, especially with us acquiring Lebron, and the type of players we are used to seeing around Bron.

Ok come on let’s be serious for a second. You think Execs, Coaches and Scouts of other teams are too dumb to figure out what the Lakers style of play is?

I mean without Magic saying a word, it’s pretty clear to even a casual fan that the Lakers want to play fast and they want players with a reputation of being tough minded and in your face.

I really hope you don’t think opponents don’t know what the Rockets and Celtics plan of attack is...the two teams Magic mentioned on last night’s telecast.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Page 54 of 174
Jump to: