THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 994, 995, 996 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

Pro tip: If a moderator politely asks you not to troll, the incorrect response is to come back and immediately troll some more.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

The last time I poked my head into this thread, it was to suggest that the tax cuts weren't going to kill millions of people, and they were generally good for most everyone employed because we have a roaring stock market and many regular people have 401k's, and I was told I was a Republican, even though I haven't voted for a Republican president _ever_ and generally vote a straight Democrat ticket ever since I've been able to vote. So yeah.

Except that I didn't call you a Republican, I said:

Wilt wrote:
You sound like Republican, dude.

And yes, in that exchange, you argued for trickle down economics, thereby sounding like a Republican. And as was just posted above, the tax cuts are losing popularity because people are realizing it was a fraud.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

It's the asinine trade war nonsense that's causing the most damage to the economy right now, and it's hitting the rust belt the hardest. You'd think that'd cause some serious issues for Republicans in the midterms in those areas, but you never know.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
‘I KNOW WORDS, I HAVE THE BEST WORDS’ tonight's word:abettors

What Republicans are today

https://www.powerthesaurus.org/abettors/synonyms

but there is no better word...

Quislings

You have much better words than Moscow Don
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
It's the asinine trade war nonsense that's causing the most damage to the economy right now, and it's hitting the rust belt the hardest. You'd think that'd cause some serious issues for Republicans in the midterms in those areas, but you never know.

You'd think. But most of what is going on these days makes no sense and runs counter to logic.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I'm curious what the biggest issue is here. Is it that the Russians did it? Is it that anyone did it? Or that the Republicans weren't hacked as well? Because honestly, the only tragedy about any of this is that the Republican party's crimes weren't exposed as well. I'm glad the crimes that the DNC committed were exposed, and I don't care who exposed it. Just like I don't care about the character or motives of Edward Snowden, what he did was a good and socially beneficial thing. The Russians did us a solid, it's just they couldn't or wouldn't finish the job by doing it to the RNC as well. I hope all the countries in the world work to expose the truths about our political system. Hell, I think we should donate money to the cause. Expose these corrupt (bleep), to the point that both of these corrupt organizations collapse.

I think that the big issue is that we (the USA) didn’t do it. We have been meddling in world wide elections for decades so how dare the Russians meddle in ours. There hasn’t been similar outrage over labor and big business impacting our elections.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I'm curious what the biggest issue is here. Is it that the Russians did it? Is it that anyone did it? Or that the Republicans weren't hacked as well? Because honestly, the only tragedy about any of this is that the Republican party's crimes weren't exposed as well. I'm glad the crimes that the DNC committed were exposed, and I don't care who exposed it. Just like I don't care about the character or motives of Edward Snowden, what he did was a good and socially beneficial thing. The Russians did us a solid, it's just they couldn't or wouldn't finish the job by doing it to the RNC as well. I hope all the countries in the world work to expose the truths about our political system. Hell, I think we should donate money to the cause. Expose these corrupt (bleep), to the point that both of these corrupt organizations collapse.

I think that the big issue is that we (the USA) didn’t do it. We have been meddling in world wide elections for decades so how dare the Russians meddle in ours. There hasn’t been similar outrage over labor and big business impacting our elections.

those darn American's trying to impact American elections
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

shouldn't you be upset about that instead of justifying it?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Latest:

When asked about Trump's comment this morning that Russia isn't currently interfering in our elections, Sanders said that his "no" was meant as a way to say he won't answer any questions....even though he answered questions.

She also said that Trump and Putin discussed the possibility of handing over American citizens to Russia. One of them was former ambassador to Russia, McFaul, who is a regular on MSNBC.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

those darn American's trying to impact American elections

Right? We should be mad at Americans . . . not the fact that our most adversarial nation has compromised not just our elections, but our whole political system.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

You all realize the Russians have also hacked our infrastructure -- the electrical grid, power plants, state voter rolls, state department, etc. They did the same all over Europe.

This isn't a regular we spy, they spy, everyone does it. They are trying to take down Western-style Democracy here and all over Europe, where they also meddled in multiple elections.

One of the reasons the Obama administration was hesitant to be too aggressive toward Russia before the election is because our government was fearful that Russia would actually take down our power grids and cause massive chaos. Obama’s secret struggle to punish Russia for Putin’s election assault

The both-side-ism on this issue is as dangerous as it is uninformed. If their interference happened to help your side or cause this time, there is no guarantee it won't happen to your side next time.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
She also said that Trump and Putin discussed the possibility of handing over American citizens to Russia. One of them was former ambassador to Russia, McFaul, who is a regular on MSNBC.

One of the most disturbing aspects of the meeting was the willingness of Trump to do so knowing such people will be killed.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

shouldn't you be upset about that instead of justifying it?

I justified it? I thought I answered the question about what the biggest issue was.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
You all realize the Russians have also hacked our infrastructure -- the electrical grid, power plants, state voter rolls, state department, etc. They did the same all over Europe.

This isn't a regular we spy, they spy, everyone does it. They are trying to take down Western-style Democracy here and all over Europe, where they also meddled in multiple elections.

One of the reasons the Obama administration was hesitant to be too aggressive toward Russia before the election is because our government was fearful that Russia would actually take down our power grids and cause massive chaos.

The both-side-ism on this issue is as dangerous as it is uninformed. If their interference happened to help your side or cause this time, there is no guarantee it won't happen to your side next time.

Exactly. The election meddling wasn't actually about helping the GOP. It was about empowering a mole that would increase Russia's ability to erode our democracy to the point it ceases to function. This isn't about Dems v. GOP or Left v. Right. Which is why so many Republicans finally called Trump out of his appeasement of Russia.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

One of the reasons the Obama administration was hesitant to be too aggressive toward Russia before the election is because our government was fearful that Russia would actually take down our power grids and cause massive chaos. Obama’s secret struggle to punish Russia for Putin’s election assault

The only guarantee is that it will help the Russian side. You have stated their reach accurately, even having control of traffic devices can paralyze some cities. Those of you in technology fields have a much better understanding of what we can do to combat it than I do.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Homeland Security Advisory Council members resign over 'morally repugnant' immigration policy

Quote:
Four members of the Homeland Security Advisory Council, which advises the Department of Homeland Security, have resigned, saying in a letter that they can no longer be associated with the Trump administration's immigration policies and calling the separation of migrant families "morally repugnant."

The letter, which was obtained by CNN, was addressed to Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and signed by Richard Danzig, David Martin and Matthew Olsen -- all former Democratic administration officials -- and by Elizabeth Holtzman, a former Democratic congresswoman from New York.

The four said in the letter that "unfortunately," they had not been consulted "before recent immigration decisions were announced, enforced, and then retracted by this administration" and that had they been consulted, they would have "observed" that family separations were not only morally repugnant, but also "counter-productive and ill-considered."
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Deficit to increase from $525 billion in 2018 to over $1 trillion in 2019

Quote:
This past Friday afternoon, the White House released a little-noticed update with a very big trillion-dollar admission: thanks to recent tax cuts and spending hikes, their deficit projections have doubled.

This is a striking acknowledgement following almost two years of claims that economic growth unleashed by these policies will wipe deficits away.

Last time the nation experienced trillion-dollar deficits – during a serious economic downturn, no less – lawmakers took the issue seriously. PAYGO laws were established, a fiscal commission was formed, new discretionary spending caps were implemented, and policymakers entered a multi-year debate on how best to bring down long-term debt levels.

This time around, with the emergence of trillion-dollar deficits during a period of economic strength – when we should be saving for future downturns – few seem to even take notice. On our current course, debt will overtake the size of the entire economy in about a decade, and interest will be the largest government program in three decades or less. This will weaken both our economy and our role in the world.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

What is trump's problem with Montenegro? More beachfront property like that in North Korea that is still outside of his grasp

https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/311978/donald-trump-to-invest-in-hotel-market-in-montenegro
FRIDAY, MARCH 2ND 2007, 15:45

American billionaire Donald Trump intends to invest in the hotel business in the coastal area of Montenegro.

Donald Trump also said that he would like to build hotels and other facilities linked to tourism.

Last edited by VicXLakers on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

^
Russia fiercely opposed NATO's expansion to Montenegro. Russia's ally, Serbia, also opposed Montenegro's independence a few years ago. Russia also meddled in Montenegro's political system recently.

It's always Russia.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
What is trump's problem with Montenegro? More beachfront property like that in North Korea that is still outside if his grasp

https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/311978/donald-trump-to-invest-in-hotel-market-in-montenegro
FRIDAY, MARCH 2ND 2007, 15:45

American billionaire Donald Trump intends to invest in the hotel business in the coastal area of Montenegro.

Donald Trump also said that he would like to build hotels and other facilities linked to tourism.

Why President Trump's Comments About Montenegro Were a Win for Vladimir Putin

Quote:
“By attacking Montenegro and questioning our obligations under NATO, the President is playing right into Putin’s hands,” McCain wrote on Twitter Wednesday morning.

Andrew Weiss, the vice president for studies at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, said the President was “parroting Kremlin talking points.”

Quote:
Indeed, Russia was certainly unhappy in 2015, when Montenegro officially received an invitation to join NATO, with the Kremlin promising retaliation shortly thereafter. Montenegro officially joined NATO last June; but eight months before that, the country accused Russia of backing a failed coup in the country, which Moscow denies.

“Russia interfered with our election process,” Marković told TIME’s Simon Shuster in an interview last year. “Their [security] services were in touch with politicians, with the Orthodox Church, with NGOs, with some media outlets. An environment was created in which the pro-Western forces were supposed to lose.”
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Dumbest thing I have ever read on the Internet©
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

The only guarantee is that it will help the Russian side. You have stated their reach accurately, even having control of traffic devices can paralyze some cities. Those of you in technology fields have a much better understanding of what we can do to combat it than I do.

MAGAriffic... lets (bleep) help RUSSIA

(bleep) Canada
(bleep) Mexico
(bleep) NATO
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

The Russian government committed multiple acts of cyber-warfare against our country at a 9/11-type level, and may have installed a Russian puppet as president of the United States. And some Americans may have helped them (hence the Mueller investigation).

That pretty much dwarfs all the other issues you mentioned, which are certainly legitimate topics of debate under other more normal circumstances. Right now our entire representative Democracy is at stake.

If it's really at stake because of the truth that the dnc are criminals, then good. If it's under threat by the truth, then I'll be throwing a party at its funeral. I think a domestic organization using voter fraud to cheat a candidate out of the presidency is a bigger threat in honest opinion. Of ypu think we have a rep democracy when (bleep) like that is going on without consequences, then I don't know where your head is at. (bleep) this cold war 2 bs, it's secondary to our own system eating itself. Cyber warfare by exposing how fraudulent our democracy really is? Pfft
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
good lord guys.. you are still at this?? this thread should be retitled the "Democratic socialist thread"

LOL.

enjoy 6 more years of the Mueller investigation!

Stop trolling here
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

It's hilarious how people clutch their pearls about Russia and care more about the source of the leaks than the substance, but then praise Chelsea Manning and Snowden as heroes. They did the same exact thing. I say keep it coming Russia, the more truth in our elections the better, and I don't care about the motives behind them being leaked. Expose this corrupt system at all costs. Expose torture, war crimes, illegal search and seizures, voter fraud, bribery, EVERYTHING. Don't look at what a major political party did, look over there to Russia. How dare they make us look bad by exposing the TRUTH.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 994, 995, 996 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 995 of 3663
Jump to: