Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

i would bet on zo and hart's overall 3 pt shooting % going up significantly if they're used as the flex screener off bron high post offense. they'll get a ton of open C+S opportunities there if BI/Kuz/whoever poses a significant threat on the flex cut and create gravity away from the screener.

i could see a svi/wagner flex action off the bron high post being pretty devastating too.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
i would bet on zo and hart's overall 3 pt shooting % going up significantly if they're used as the flex screener off bron high post offense. they'll get a ton of open C+S opportunities there if BI/Kuz/whoever poses a significant threat on the flex cut and create gravity away from the screener.

i could see a svi/wagner flex action off the bron high post being pretty devastating too.

Lonzo's a better shooter when his momentum is going backward too, which it would be there.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Lonzo's a better shooter when his momentum is going backward too, which it would be there.

that is such a bizarre statement, and the fact that it is true is even more perplexing. lonzo's such a weird player.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Great stuff GT. It's easy to see how LeBron is going to make things so easy for our young guys. I really appreciated seeing you hone in on BI's feel for cutting off of post-ups. It's really easy for me to see how Lonzo, Kuz, Hart, KCP, Wagner and Svi are going to to fit around LeBron, but I have a harder time seeing how well BI will fit. That portion of the video makes me feel better about BI's ability and willingness to move off the ball.

I've gone through all of BI's shot attempts this season for videos on him and this LeBron series, and one of the things that struck me was how rarely he scored out of the offense. For example, I couldn't find a single example of him scoring off of a Flex Cut or similar action. I don't know if that's a good thing (untapped ability) or a bad thing (struggles to understand half court offense) yet.

I take it he scores mostly in transition, isos and spots ups?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Svi Mykhailiuk is more than just a shooter

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/17/17574324/laker-film-room-svi-mykhailiuk-lakers-shooting-stats-video-analysis
HAM
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/17/17574324/laker-film-room-svi-mykhailiuk-lakers-shooting-stats-video-analysis

Love following your videos. Keep it up man.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

HAM wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Love following your videos. Keep it up man.

Appreciate that, man.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

GT, you've been workin' overtime with this stuff. Hope you are getting some rest.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:
GT, you've been workin' overtime with this stuff. Hope you are getting some rest.

We just signed LeBron, man. Carpe diem.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject:

Great video and summary... All I can say is that this kid can flat out PLAY!
He was a really good player on Kansas, but I believe the NBA may suit his game even more. The floor will open, allow for more ISO play especially on the pick-and-roll or coming off screens.
I expect big things from Svi!

GO LAKERS, great pic!
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Dumhead wrote:

How many people can make a living just from him signing in LA now?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Dumhead wrote:

How many people can make a living just from him signing in LA now?

Yeah, I've wondered this too. Numbers are up across the board for every Lakers' content creator that I've spoken with, for obvious reasons. And I expect that to increase once the games start and the more casual fans start coming back into the fold.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

Laker Film Room Podcast: Summer League Thoughts

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/summer-league-thoughts
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

GT, are you doing a podcast with Tania Ganguli this summer? It's almost one-year to the day when ya'll chatted with her about the Lebron possibilities.

It was one of the better casts last year and she's awesome to listen to. (or are LA Times reporters barred from speaking to The Athletic, showing that Spurs-level competitive pettiness )
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
GT, are you doing a podcast with Tania Ganguli this summer? It's almost one-year to the day when ya'll chatted with her about the Lebron possibilities.

It was one of the better casts last year and she's awesome to listen to. (or are LA Times reporters barred from speaking to The Athletic, showing that Spurs-level competitive pettiness )

I don't know if we will, just because I'm not sure there will be an approrpriate topic for it. Tania is the homie and I'm sure we'll have her back on at some point, but I'd like it to be when there's an appropriate reason to do so.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Dumhead wrote:

Enjoying this summer immensely, man!!

Excellent videos on how LeBron will fit and on Svi! This is gonna be a fun season. Thanks GT!
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Really liked the pod with Darius this week! Both of you guys talked me more into the roster for this year.

The Lance signing was probably my least favorite move for this summer (next to letting Julius go) but when you guys were talking about who in the locker room's going to 'confront' LeBron so to speak, or if the young Lakers might be a little afraid of confronting him - the first guy I thought of was Lance. That's one guy who I'm pretty sure will never be afraid of LeBron lol I wonder if their history actually played into the Lakers wanting to pick him up to be that guy. It's a funny thought but when I thought about the signing in that context it completely clicked while listening to the pod today. Agree it's definitely an important role, a few guys on the team will need to step up there.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Loved both your podcasts this week, Pete (LFR, Locked on Lakers)!

Looking forward to your next piece in The Athletic!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Great stuff GT. It's easy to see how LeBron is going to make things so easy for our young guys. I really appreciated seeing you hone in on BI's feel for cutting off of post-ups. It's really easy for me to see how Lonzo, Kuz, Hart, KCP, Wagner and Svi are going to to fit around LeBron, but I have a harder time seeing how well BI will fit. That portion of the video makes me feel better about BI's ability and willingness to move off the ball.

I've gone through all of BI's shot attempts this season for videos on him and this LeBron series, and one of the things that struck me was how rarely he scored out of the offense. For example, I couldn't find a single example of him scoring off of a Flex Cut or similar action. I don't know if that's a good thing (untapped ability) or a bad thing (struggles to understand half court offense) yet.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

that is such a bizarre statement, and the fact that it is true is even more perplexing. lonzo's such a weird player.

Fascinating. We all discussed this often before the 2017 draft, but it'd be exciting to see such an oddball player succeed.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

Sorry, I missed this.

My framing here is a little different than Play Types, so it's more "did you score off of an organized offensive action or not?" Handoffs were pretty much the only action that he scored on with any consistency that was in the flow of player or ball movement.

Most of it was in transition or yeah, off of ISOs, pick & rolls, or cuts in the half court, with the occasional spot up mixed in.
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Your discussion of Wagner as instigator was great!

I really hope he gets under opponents' skins. NBA players have a tendency to take themselves too seriously, and Wagner seems to press the right buttons. The sort of player you love to have on your team and hate everywhere else.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker Film Room Podcast: Summer League Thoughts

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/summer-league-thoughts

Nice work Pete...I think Rondo is the guy (vet) that will be able to hold LeBron accountable. I also think LeBron is much more approachable than Kobe for example so I dont think there will be need to hold him accountable because he sets the tone as a teammate as demonstrated by little things like showing up to SL to support.

LBJ creates the team buy in because he sees himself as a part of it rather than above it which seems to be the discussion concern.

LBJ at 32 to 34 minutes is perfect and I'd be shocked if he created the environment where anyone would be afraid of him. Just my 2 pennies.

#BannersOverBillboards
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject:

Great listen man thank you
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 66 of 93
Jump to: