A Pledge For Civility On This Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

It shouldn’t be hard to be civil. Jim Buss is gone and he was the biggest loser.

Some may not love Lebron but he is great for the team.

I think Magic and Pelinka blew it with Randle and Bryant but I still trust them. I think Randle blows it up in NO next next year and al he needed was a little love. Bryant will shot that he can be a rotation player.

But what’s not to like we will have a great team and most of our youth. We have lots of flexibility in the future and things are great.

Other than the Melton fans everything is good.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

Historically, it's the rarest of fan spaces wherein trolls and flamers tread not. Keeping that in mind can't hurt the rest of us.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

I try not to respond to anyone personally, and when I think I get a snarky post from someone, even those who have several thousand posts, and should know better, I just let it slide. I state how I feel and if not everyone agrees with my take, they are entitled to their opinion.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

^
Suffering internal conflict ? Based on your passive-aggressive signature line, yes, you choose to get snarky at every chance.
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

This might have been posted already (I didn't read every single post in this thread), but there could very well be a rather large influx of posters on LG due to ESPN closing their "comments" link after every article.

Typically, articles with LeBron in the title ( or even the Lakers ) tend to get quite a few hits and replies on ESPN's comments sections. With that outlet now gone, I would expect both fans and haters to be looking for a landing spot to voice opinions. Which is all well and good, except when it digresses to outright trolling.

That being said...to the monitors and moderators of this board...beware! We here in LG are about to get inundated with all kinds of newbies. Some good, some horrible.

I hope I'm wrong.
deandj123
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: LeBron James, Kevin Durant Spotted Leaving LA Bar After Star's Move to Lakers

LeBron James, Kevin Durant Spotted Leaving LA Bar After Star's Move to Lakers

Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

With just a week or so before the preseason starts, I thought it might be useful to bring this up.

--Anonymous
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject:

Lakers 5th Dynasty wrote:
Amen to this. I actually joined this board in 2002 under a different username, but some strange technical glitch kept me from logging in anymore, so I just "lurked" for years.

As mentioned earlier, even during the championship years there was a lot of negativity.

Sign of the times maybe? Where people can't look at things differently, so one side has to be right and the other wrong, one side good and the other side evil.

I like to come in here and celebrate when good things happen. The different takes are what keep things interesting, but we should all be fans of the name in front of the jersey and when a move happens we may not have preferred, root for the best.

Sounds like LakersBook LOL the FaceGround of social Lakers networking!!
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject:

It's just basketball, when people get pushy with their opinion I just pretend they are wearing Celtic Green ..........

.......................Then I don't feel ................
...............................................................soooo bad!!!

But seriously, I just don't take this all too seriously. Man, there are people dying, getting raped, dealing with cancer. That is the real sheet.

This is just fun and games, the few times someone has given me problems, I rarely get upset over it. I usually start laughing, and since I am always right, and everyone else is always wrong, I just figure they are stupid and move on.

Point is, I haven't really seen that much posting where I have actually gotten bummed. I've seen a bunch of stuff, where I find myself wondering if the person posting it is 13 or 14, but that's about it.

It's sports folks, have your opinions but realize they really don't mean a thing and when you are dealing with your wife having cancer, that's something real that will truly matter. None of this stuff really matters. When you start taking it too seriously, you gonna have some problems!!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
In light of a call for civility, would anyone be interested in a letter writing campaign boycotting the signing of domestic abuser Lance Stephenson?

No. But why don't you get your posse together and form a picket line at the great western forum.

It's good to make light of slamming women's heads on stairs, epak. A really good look for you. You should change your your sig to mock survivors of domestic abuse.

Have you stopped beating your husband?
I too am for peace.

And also for false equivalencies to protect domestic abusers. You must have achieved what you always wished for yourself when growing up, epak, to defend men who bash women's heads on the ground. Kudos, 진짜.

What ever happened to his case? I'm googling it, but it's mentioning the arrest and not the case result. I'd appreciate you not mentioning my childhood as I don't think you knew me growing up.

I shouldn't presume. So I'll ask: Did you ever imagine supporting a man who slammed a disoriented woman's head into concrete just because he wore Lakers insignia? Did you think that would be you growing up?

OJ's murder charge was also dismissed. Can we please get him back into an announcer's booth? Thanks.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

There are a couple differing ideologies that lead to the disagreements. Some people are fans of the Lakers. Anyone who is a Laker is good, anyone who isn't a Laker is the enemy.

Other fans channel their support into only one or two players. It has been Kobe, Shaq, Bynum, D'Angelo, and even some silly ones like Lin, Clarkson, Randle, and so on. Those fans inevitably have issues with people who have no permanent bond with any single player.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
There are a couple differing ideologies that lead to the disagreements. Some people are fans of the Lakers. Anyone who is a Laker is good, anyone who isn't a Laker is the enemy.

Other fans channel their support into only one or two players. It has been Kobe, Shaq, Bynum, D'Angelo, and even some silly ones like Lin, Clarkson, Randle, and so on. Those fans inevitably have issues with people who have no permanent bond with any single player.

Well said.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Why is Lin silly?
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
Why is Lin silly?

As a player he isn't silly at all and I like his game. But a lot of the discussion was from people who only cared about the Lakers because Lin was on the team and only followed Lin in the first place because of his race.

Its fine and I totally understood it but when you only care about one player, your priorities are just naturally going to be in a different place.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

I lurk more than I post
But I’m sure we’ve had waaaaaay worse heated times on this board

For example the

LO wars
Kobe trade demand era
Coaching wars
Kobe vs Shaw era ( three peat era)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

I lurk more than I post
But I’m sure we’ve had waaaaaay worse heated times on this board

For example the

LO wars
Kobe trade demand era
Coaching wars
Kobe vs Shaw era ( three peat era)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Lets not forget about the "well oiled machine" and trade Kobe threads from back in the day. Just more people know about LG than back in the day but some posters have always been crazy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: